PDA

View Full Version : Just as Intended

patriot45
07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh man, this is great! Going right for the jugular! (http://townhall.com/columnists/DanKennedy/2009/07/23/just_as_intended?page=full&comments=true)

Twice in the past week or so President Obama has insisted that his $780 billion-and-then-some stimulus package is working ďas intendedĒ and ďas anticipated.Ē

Apologists and defenders in his administration and in the media scurried to give him cover on this. Were it not for the stimulus, they insisted, things would be even worse. Since no one can point out any way in which itís made things better, thatís the only argument they have. I can only imagine if an unpopular-with-the-media Republican (pardon the redundancy) was presiding over this mounting mess and claiming heíd intended it.

His words were very carefully chosen, so we should assume he meant them. It seems to me that leaves open only four possible conclusions, and Iím very curious which of the four those who voted for the President are willing to own. So please forward this column to any Obama supporters you know.

Option #1: Heís an ignoramus or a lunatic. Massive and still climbing unemployment, a deepening credit freeze, an impending commercial real estate crash that will bring banks to their knees a second time (CIT is the precursor), small businesses slashing jobs or closing altogether at blinding speed Ö if any of this was anticipated, heíd have to be a moron or a loon to proceed with his plans.

Option #2: He's a liar. He's back-pedaling now, claiming his was a 2-year plan all along, but that's not how he sold it. He was either lying then or he's lying now. Personally, I wouldn't want to be claiming I intended to create trillions of new deficits and debts, take over entire companies, create a gang of czars to usurp federal agencies' and Congress' power and be well on my way to doubling unemployment. His other choice is to admit he lied like a dog when selling this spending spree and power grab.

Option #3: He's up to something very, very sinister: actually intending all this destruction and devastation and more, as means of grabbing more and more control of more and more of the economy, drying up all private capital and killing as many private sector jobs as possible, in order to make virtually every citizen and every business dependent on the government. If this is his game plan, the he does have the right to sit there and smugly insisted everything's going according to plan. And I guess he is to be congratulated by ... somebody
continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/DanKennedy/2009/07/23/just_as_intended?page=2)

satanica
07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
This is way to easy...

Since no one can point out any way in which itís made things better

- House sales up for 3rd month in a row partly because of the first time home buyers credit.

- Americans now have postive savings under Obama ...Under Bush they had negitive savings for the first time in a long long time.

- Durable goods are up

- Consumer Confidence is up

- Banks are lending again

- Unemployment claims are slowing

- The DOW has rebounded

I could go on and on... The author thinks that ...

"no one can point out any way in which itís made things better"

What a fool, a complete 100% fool. As if I am the very first one to point these few things out.

Option #2: He's a liar. He's back-pedaling now, claiming his was a 2-year plan all along, but that's not how he sold it.

I don't suppose anybody would provide a quote to "how he sold it" ... LOL :rolleyes:
How typical.

And this paragraph, it's gold Jerry, Gold. ...I love it.

http://www.siyumhaseinfeld.com/images/chars/bania.jpg

Option #3: He's up to something very, very sinister: actually intending all this destruction and devastation and more, as means of grabbing more and more control of more and more of the economy, drying up all private capital and killing as many private sector jobs as possible, in order to make virtually every citizen and every business dependent on the government. If this is his game plan, the he does have the right to sit there and smugly insisted everything's going according to plan. And I guess he is to be congratulated by ... somebody

Rockntractor
07-24-2009, 12:34 PM
House of cards! Wait till some of his programs go into effect!

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
This is way to easy...

- House sales up for 3rd month in a row partly because of the first time home buyers credit.

- Americans now have postive savings under Obama ...Under Bush they had negitive savings for the first time in a long long time.

- Durable goods are up

- Consumer Confidence is up

- Banks are lending again

- Unemployment claims are slowing

- The DOW has rebounded

I could go on and on... The author thinks that ...

"no one can point out any way in which itís made things better"

What a fool, a complete 100% fool. As if I am the very first one to point these few things out.

I don't suppose anybody would provide a quote to "how he sold it" ... LOL :rolleyes:
How typical.

And this paragraph, it's gold Jerry, Gold. ...I love it.

http://www.siyumhaseinfeld.com/images/chars/bania.jpg

Those so called improvements were made in spite of obama.

Still you have not answered my question, obama said the unemployment number would not go above a certain point if the Stimulus bill was passed what was that point and have we exceeded it?

satanica
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
House of cards! Wait till some of his programs go into effect!

"Clintons deficit reduction plan will create larger deficits and ruin the economy and the nation" -1992 republicans

Then all the pubs voted against it.

How did that prediction work out for you ?

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 12:39 PM
"Clintons deficit reduction plan will create larger deficits and ruin the economy and the nation" -1992 republicans

Then all the pubs voted against it.

How did that prediction work out for you ?

Listen either answer my question of STFU douche bag.

What are the unemployment numbers as of today? and were they supposed to be this high if the stimulus bill was passed?

satanica
07-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Those so called improvements were made in spite of obama.

But of course. :rolleyes:

It just rolls off the tounge so easy. Dismiss every point I made with one sweeping sentence.

So profound, I can't stand up to such incredible debating skills, I surrender, I am not worthy.

http://www.mobilitydigest.com/blogimages/notworthy.jpg

satanica
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Listen either answer my question of STFU douche bag.

What are the unemployment numbers as of today? and were they supposed to be this high if the stimulus bill was passed?

Bush said his tax cuts would create 300,000 jobs per MONTH if it was passed.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS287US287&q=bush+300%2C000+jobs+&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

How did that work out for him ? ...Why did he say it ?

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Bush said his tax cuts would create 300,000 jobs per MONTH if it was passed.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS287US287&q=bush+300%2C000+jobs+&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

How did that work out for him ? ...Why did he say it ?

Bush is not the president anymore so please answer my question.

satanica
07-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Bush is not the president anymore so please answer my question.

Obama said the stimulus would create X number of jobs for the very same reason Bush said his tax cut would create X number of jobs.

To get his bill passed. Did you really need to be told this ? ...and If I didn't provide the link to what Bush said would you be calling Obama a liar ?

I think we both know the answer to that question.

Welcome to politics junior.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Obama said the stimulus would create X number of jobs for the very same reason Bush said his tax cut would create X number of jobs.

To get his bill passed. Did you really need to be told this ? ...and If I didn't provide the link to what Bush said would you be calling Obama a liar ?

I think we both know the answer to that question.

Welcome to politics junior.

Well unemployment was around 5% durning his time what is the unemployment now? and has the stimulus created at private sector jobs

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:01 PM
No I was tying to get you to admit what a total failure the stimulus bill has been and what a misguiding douche bag the magic negro is but you just cant tell the truth.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey satanica

Why do you always lurch to Bush when someone points out a failing of Obama?

Let me clue you in Bush is not the prez anymore and will never be again so forget about him unless there is a thread devoted to him.

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Well unemployment was around 5% durning his time

Bush took office when it was just under 4%

http://www.econedlink.org/lessons/images_lessons/205_chart21.gif

He then hands off a crashing economy with a unemployment rate over 5% and crashing.

It took Reagan 2 years to turn around the mild recession Carter handed him ...But after a short 6 months of this deep recession, you guys are declaring it a failure ?

Is there ANY view you hold where hypocrisy isn't involved ?

patriot45
07-24-2009, 01:14 PM

He then hands off a crashing economy with a unemployment rate over 5% and crashing.

It took Reagan 2 years to turn around the mild recession Carter handed him ...But after a short 6 months of this deep recession, you guys are declaring it a failure ?

You do get more tiresome by the day.

The last line of the op fits you.

sit there and smugly insisted everything's going according to plan. And I guess he is to be congratulated by ... somebody

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:15 PM

First off look up the word avarage.

Mild recession? you are a tool.

Double didget inflation, unemployment and intrest rates. Ya it was worse then then it is now.

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey satanica

Why do you always lurch to Bush when someone points out a failing of Obama?

Let me clue you in Bush is not the prez anymore and will never be again so forget about him unless there is a thread devoted to him.

Cause ...

If you think Obama has failed because after 6 months his rating is 59%

Then by default you MUST think Bush is a failure after 6 months when his rating is 57%

But it's not the case, you reject logic and embrace hypocrisy.

If Obama says the stimulus will create X number of jobs, and it doesn't, then he is a liar and a failure.

IF Bush said his tax cut would create X number of jobs and it didn't, by default he must also be lying and the idea must be a failure.

But it's still not the case, you again reject logic and embrace hypocrisy.

So predictable.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Cause ...

If you think Obama has failed because after 6 months his rating is 59%

Then by default you MUST think Bush is a failure after 6 months when his rating is 57%

But it's not the case, you reject logic and embrace hypocrisy.

If Obama says the stimulus will create X number of jobs, and it doesn't, then he is a liar and a failure.

IF Bush said his tax cut would create X number of jobs and it didn't, by default he must also be lying and the idea must be a failure.

But it's still not the case, you again reject logic and embrace hypocrisy.

So predictable.

I disliked Bush so whats your point?

I think he spent way to much but he was a piker compaired to the Magic Negro.

He didnt have to create jobs with an unemployment number around 4-5 %

But now its Obama economy hows that job creation doing?

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Ya it was worse then then it is now.

There is not one person serving in the US government, on any level that would agree with that absurd statement.

The recession Carter handed Reagan is worse that what just happened ?

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I disliked Bush so whats your point?

Hypocrisy.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I would only be a hypocrite if I was comparing the two presidents and saying bush was better or didn't lie but I am not I am just bringing up Ole Obama so lets just stick to Obama ok?

Hows that job creation going? didnt think you would have the balls to answer ask your wife if you can have them to answer my question.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Hypocrisy.

Again you are wrong.

Its only hypocrisy if I compared one with the other. I didn't make any hypocritical statement.

I said Obama's stimulus plan has failed and he misled the country on the jobs it would create.

Can you point out the hypocritical part of that statement?

I asked what the unemployment numbers where and you couldnt answer me.

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
I am just bringing up Ole Obama so lets just stick to Obama ok?

Sorry, I can't ignore your massive hypocrisy, it removes any credibility you had left.

...and you guys would never bring up Clinton while Bush as in office....more hypocrisy.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:27 PM
There is not one person serving in the US government, on any level that would agree with that absurd statement.

The recession Carter handed Reagan is worse that what just happened ?

I was there douche I saw the gas lines and the unemployment lines, were you?

I saw the shambles the Military was in and how Reagan put it back together.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Sorry, I can't ignore your massive hypocrisy, it removes any credibility you had left.

...and you guys would never bring up Clinton while Bush as in office....more hypocrisy.

Again I will type slowly for you

WHAT ARE THE UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS AS OF TODAY?

HOW MANY JOBS DID THE STIMULUS BILL CREATE?

OBAMA SAID THE UNEMPLOYMENT LEVEL WOULD NOT DROP BELOW A CERTAIN POINT WHAT POINT WAS THAT?

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:30 PM

I said Obama's stimulus plan has failed and he misled the country on the jobs it would create.

Can you point out the hypocritical part of that statement?

Easy.

When Bush said his tax cut would create 300,000 jobs a MONTH if passed, was he also misleading the nation ? ...and was the tax cuts he gave a failure ?

If you say NO ...you are a hypocrite, you should look the word up.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Easy.

When Bush said his tax cut would create 300,000 jobs a MONTH if passed, was he also misleading the nation ? ...and was the tax cuts he gave a failure ?

If you say NO ...you are a hypocrite, you should look the word up.

I am not talking about bush I will never answer another question of yours if you dont answer the ones i have asked you about a million times.

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I am not talking about bush I will never answer another question of yours if you dont answer the ones i have asked you about a million times.

The unemployments numbers went higher than the President thought they would.

Whats your point ?

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM
The unemployments numbers went higher than the President thought they would.

Whats your point ?

He mislead the country.

I have no proof but I can pretty much guess he was bullshiting the country on how many "jobs" would be created by that monstrosity of a stimulus bill.

For the record I am a conservative not a Republican.

I think Bush spent way to much and didnt know how to veto a bill if his life depended on it.

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
He mislead the country.

So when Bush said the tax cuts would create 300,000 jobs A MONTH was he also misleading the nation ?

I answered your question, can you answer mine ?

If not we are done.

BadCat
07-24-2009, 01:39 PM

And where is YOUR job?
How's that Obumble stimulus working out for you?

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
So when Bush said the tax cuts would create 300,000 jobs A MONTH was he also misleading the nation ?

I answered your question, can you answer mine ?

If not we are done.

Sorry this is about Obama please try to keep on topic if you want to Talk about Bush please start another thread.

satanica
07-24-2009, 01:55 PM
WTF ?

This debate was rapid...

12:26 Lars
12:26 satan
12:27 L
29 L
30 S
31 Lars demands I answer question "I will never answer another question of yours if you dont answer the ones i have asked you"33
33 santanica answers the question.
35 L
12:37 Satanica then asks the question lars said he would answer..

The reply at 12:40 from Lars...

Sorry this is about Obama please try to keep on topic if you want to Talk about Bush please start another thread.

And you really need ME to point out where your hypocrisy is ?

Like I said, We are done, you have murdered debate.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
WTF ?

This debate was rapid...

12:26 Lars
12:26 satan
12:27 L
29 L
30 S
31 Lars demands I answer question "I will never answer another question of yours if you dont answer the ones i have asked you"33
33 santanica answers the question.
35 L
12:37 Satanica then asks the question lars said he would answer..

The reply at 12:40 from Lars...

Like I said, We are done, you have murdered debate.

LOL

I didnt want to debate you I wanted you to answer a question of mine, you did I won have a good day.

Pal Bush is old news, live in the now.

Still wondering where I was being a hypocrite.

satanica
07-24-2009, 02:01 PM
And where is YOUR job?

It's good.

My checks have $50 dollars more in them

My wifes checks reflect the tax cut she got

I refinanced my house under the government plan and saved $400 a month.

Just from that I am looking at $600 a month in savings.

And when I trade in my POS Ford focus I will get a $4000 credit.

It really helps.

BadCat
07-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Why DON'T you have a job, blarch?

Mommy makes enough for you to go to Lollapalooza, the state kicks in enough for you to buy pot and you're happy?

Lots of jobs in your field around here, you just have to compete with the illegals who will work for $2/hr, but hey, it's more than you're making now.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 02:04 PM
And where is YOUR job?

You notice most of what he gets back is in some form of Government hand out?

BadCat
07-24-2009, 02:05 PM
You notice most of what he gets back is in some form of Government hand out?

Why yes, I did.

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Why yes, I did.

Never did much to earn any of that.

BadCat
07-24-2009, 02:09 PM
It's good.

It really helps.

And who do you think is paying for you to be a leech on society?

Lars1701a
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM

And why would anyone vote for a person that would take all those goodies away?

Thats how the magic negro will stay in office paying off saps like satanica, it sickens me what we have become as a country.

satanica
07-24-2009, 02:14 PM

The BLUE STATES

My state can take care of it's own.

But your state HAS TO DEPEND on blue states to survive....and you are asking me "who is paying for what?"

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1457/donor.png

Molon Labe
07-24-2009, 02:15 PM
It's good.

It really helps.

That's all well and good.....IF.....double digit inflation doesn't hammer the economy. Do you understand the economics of pumping 2 trillion into the economy at one time.

BadCat
07-24-2009, 02:17 PM
When you start paying taxes, then I just may listen to your opinion on something.

satanica
07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
When you start paying taxes, then I just may listen to your opinion on something.

I sell plenty of product and pay plenty of taxes.