PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy surprises, returns for Medicare vote

LogansPapa
07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Massachusetts senator still undergoing chemotherapy for brain cancer

AP / updated 4:36 p.m. ET July 9, 2008

WASHINGTON - Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, battling a brain tumor, walked through a wall of applause into the Senate on Wednesday and cast a stunningly unexpected vote on long-stalled Medicare legislation.

"Aye," the 76-year-old Kennedy said in a loud voice, and he made a thumbs-up gesture as he registered his vote.

Spectators in the galleries that overhang the chamber burst into cheers — a violation of decorum that drew no complaints.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25609880/

Zafod
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
If I only had less then a year to live I wouldnt go back to work.

But this is teddy boy and he has done nothing for 50 + years except "show up" to the senate. :rolleyes:

megimoo
07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
If I only had less then a year to live I wouldnt go back to work.

But this is teddy boy and he has done nothing for 50 + years except "show up" to the senate. :rolleyes:He has to guard his reputation as the the Old Liberal Lion of the Party before he passes on !He should be in church on his knees begging forgiveness !They will have his official portrait up in the Senate Gallery a month after he is gone !

submarinepainter
07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
he is trying to improve his legacy , he will always be remembered as a coward by me

LogansPapa
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Guess the concept of simple human spirit couldn’t figure into his appearance? Sad.

marinejcksn
07-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Guess the concept of simple human spirit couldn’t figure into his appearance? Sad.

Here's the thing you need to understand though Logan:

I'll never wish Ted harm. The man went through a painful ordeal, and being a man of God I wish him a speedy recovery and good health as Christ would want me to do.

But his current physical problems don't excuse him from critisizm for his politics and policies, which time and time again are an embarassment to the American people.

I wont even go in depth on his idiotic action which led to the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but we all know that if his last name wasn't a reminder of the Kennedy Myth he'd have went to jail. I just hope he repents for it, or he's destined to burn.

Zafod
07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Here's the thing you need to understand though Logan:

I'll never wish Ted harm. The man went through a painful ordeal, and being a man of God I wish him a speedy recovery and good health as Christ would want me to do.

But his current physical problems don't excuse him from critisizm for his politics and policies, which time and time again are an embarassment to the American people.

I wont even go in depth on his idiotic action which led to the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but we all know that if his last name wasn't a reminder of the Kennedy Myth he'd have went to jail. I just hope he repents for it, or he's destined to burn.

Great post!

Teetop
07-10-2008, 11:23 AM

As much as ole Teddy gave, Mary Jo....

:rolleyes:

Zafod
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
As much as ole Teddy gave, Mary Jo....

:rolleyes:

again, another great post!