PDA

View Full Version : Death to Christians (part 1000)

Maple Leafs Fan
07-25-2009, 01:30 AM
So the DUmmies rejoice in the death of the followers of Christ (oops) X

2QT2BSTR8 (199 posts) Fri Jul-24-09 06:33 PM
Original message
North Korea 'executes Christians'
Source: BBC

Human rights groups in South Korea say North Korea has stepped up executions of Christians, some of them in public.

The communist country, the world's most closed society, views religion as a major threat.

Only the founder of the country, Kim Il-sung, and his son, Kim Jong-il, may be worshipped, in mass public displays of fervour.

Despite the persecutions, it is thought up to 30,000 North Koreans may practise Christianity secretly in their homes.

Happy days are here:

IndianaGreen (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-24-09 07:38 PM
Response to Reply #10
12. I won't defend the rights of people that deny me my rights
I don't care if a Cardinal gets dragged by a truck.

and-justice-for-all (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-24-09 08:00 PM
Response to Reply #30
33. That is rather harsh dont you think? nt

Die...die....die

IndianaGreen (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-24-09 07:50 PM
Response to Reply #16
20. I don't give a rat's ass about people that deny me my human rights
That's the way it is since Prop-8 passed.

The question was "Where is the outrage?"

My answer is "I don't feel anything!"

anonymous171 (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-24-09 08:32 PM
Response to Reply #6
50. What. The. Fuck.

get the kindling ready kids:

BOG PERSON (60 posts) Fri Jul-24-09 07:46 PM
Response to Reply #7
15. "So Many Christians, So Few Lions."
That is cute!

So little firewood, so few Pagans

greguganus (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-24-09 10:39 PM
Response to Reply #15
80. I bet you think "So Many Jews, So Few Ovens" is cute too, huh?n/t

OK, even I wouldn't go that far

Richd506 (432 posts) Fri Jul-24-09 11:29 PM
Response to Original message
92. I'm not a christian nor do I plan to be
but this is just wrong. Nobody deserves to be executed for their beliefs...

Wait until Obama and company get control. You better adjust your beliefs NOW

2QT2BSTR8 (199 posts) Fri Jul-24-09 11:33 PM
Response to Original message
93. I am beginning to regret having posted this story...
I did not ever intend this to be a LGBT vs. Christian thread. Only North Korea 'executes Christians' and only that! Please do not twist this around people.

Yeah, what ever you say dude. This is like posting a story on the plight of a homeless Jewish family on Stormfront. Tell Skinner I said "SIEG HEIL"

Maple Leafs Fan
07-25-2009, 01:34 AM
linky:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3985182

InspiredHome
07-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Human rights? Marriage is a God-ordained institution. Take it up with Him.

SarasotaRepub
07-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Topic Locked and all posts gone. :rolleyes:

Oops. Never mind, it was combined with another hate thread.

djones520
07-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Human rights? Marriage is a God-ordained institution. Take it up with Him.

Wrong. Marriage was founded on the legal premise of combining a families assets. This originated in Ancient Greece, and was a practice absorbed by the Romans. The church didn't take a serious stake in it until the 24th Session of the Council of Trent. Which took place in the mid 16th Century.

FlaGator
07-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Wrong. Marriage was founded on the legal premise of combining a families assets. This originated in Ancient Greece, and was a practice absorbed by the Romans. The church didn't take a serious stake in it until the 24th Session of the Council of Trent. Which took place in the mid 16th Century.

Marriages were occurring in Hebrew society long before there were ancient Greece or Roman societies to establish the practice. The process was a religious one and Christianity inherited the view of marriage. Roman and Greek societies created the secular definition of marriage but they did this just by excluding religious aspects of marriage. The Bible mentions several marriages between members different societies in order to provide blood and material links between the two. Hebrews men became the owner of the merged assets that the woman may have brought in to the marriage.

You misunderstand the whole purpose of the Council of Trent. It formalized many of the rites, practices and sacraments of the Catholic church in order to differentiate itself from the Protestant denominations that where springing to life in the wake of the Reformation. Before the Reformation there was no need to take a "serious stake" in marriage or any other Christian rite because there was no competition to force the need for a finalizing of Catholic doctrine. Up until that time they were the only game in town. Marriage had always been an important aspect of the Judeo-Christian ethic otherwise how could the laws against adultery and fornication been enforced before the Greeks came along to grace us with their secular view of marriage?

It seems that InspiredHome was not wrong if one knows the history of Hebrew society that is available to us from the Bible and other non-Biblical sources

enslaved1
07-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Voice Of The Marytrs website. (http://www.persecution.com/) Not much news from NK, because of how locked down the place is, but I'm sure those DUers cheering would take great joy in the news posted there. Heck, lurkers, you can get the founder's book for free, detailing his experiences in a Russian prison during communism for being a Christian.

djones520
07-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Marriages were occurring in Hebrew society long before there were ancient Greece or Roman societies to establish the practice. The process was a religious one and Christianity inherited the view of marriage. Roman and Greek societies created the secular definition of marriage but they did this just by excluding religious aspects of marriage. The Bible mentions several marriages between members different societies in order to provide blood and material links between the two. Hebrews men became the owner of the merged assets that the woman may have brought in to the marriage.

You misunderstand the whole purpose of the Council of Trent. It formalized many of the rites, practices and sacraments of the Catholic church in order to differentiate itself from the Protestant denominations that where springing to life in the wake of the Reformation. Before the Reformation there was no need to take a "serious stake" in marriage or any other Christian rite because there was no competition to force the need for a finalizing of Catholic doctrine. Up until that time they were the only game in town. Marriage had always been an important aspect of the Judeo-Christian ethic otherwise how could the laws against adultery and fornication been enforced before the Greeks came along to grace us with their secular view of marriage?

It seems that InspiredHome was not wrong if one knows the history of Hebrew society that is available to us from the Bible and other non-Biblical sources

And even back then it was more about arranging a dowry, then about actual love and a relationship.

Marriage was not, and never was the sole realm of any religions. The Christian Church tried to make it so with the Council of Trent, but thankfully today saner heads prevailed in allowing people like me (atheist) to wed outside of the Church's eyes.

Lanie
07-26-2009, 11:56 AM
But yet I bet some of these same hypocrites will defend Middle Eastern countries we prod, saying we're aggressors. A lot of them will put a gay person to death.

For anybody who is reading, this didn't do well for the gay rights cause. I'm for gay rights (and a Christian, imagine that), and I have to say this is bad PR.

Lanie
07-26-2009, 11:59 AM
On another note, I can't believe that North Korea still outlaws Christianity. All the other Communist countries updated a little bit. Cuba invited the Pope to come over years ago. China allows freedom of religion so long as it's registered with the state (which still opens people up to a lot of persecution).

And yes, the USSR used to outlaw Christianity too. Guess what else they did? They targeted homosexuals.

MrsSmith
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
And even back then it was more about arranging a dowry, then about actual love and a relationship.

Marriage was not, and never was the sole realm of any religions. The Christian Church tried to make it so with the Council of Trent, but thankfully today saner heads prevailed in allowing people like me (atheist) to wed outside of the Church's eyes.

It never belonged to "religions." It was God-ordained, the very first recorded marriage was His action. At some point thereafter, the governments of men stepped in. It most certainly was not an ancient Greek invention. They merely perverted it...as men still do today.

FlaGator
07-26-2009, 04:36 PM

I didn't say that marriage was the sole realm of religion, but it since most societies did have some sort of religious belief system and marriage became ritualized as a part of these belief systems. I have pointed out to you what the intentions of the Council of Trent were and marriage was just one small aspect in defining what it was to be Catholic and defining a standard Christian rite of Marriage as a part of Catholicism. Marriage for Christians and Jews have, for as long as their has been Christian and Jews, been associated with their beliefs. The Jews history of marriage predates the existence of Greek culture.

I don't know were you get the idea that atheists where allowed to marry because of Christianity. Perhaps in the middle ages the Pope attempted something along those lines but because they were the power behind most governments (the Divine Right of Kings). However, secular wedding have been available since their have been secular societies. Christian churches have recognized the marriages of converts who were married out side the church since the founding of the Christian faith. "Saner heads" have almost always prevailed where marriage has been confirmed. Since the founding of America, no one has been required to be married in a church. First century Christians accepted married pagan converts with out requiring that they remarry in order to be Christians.

There are some very good books, both secular and theological on the history of marriage that I can point you to if you are interested in the history of marriage. You will find some very interesting things about marriage not the least of which is how little the Council of Trent had to do with any concept of marriage outside of the Catholic Church.

FlaGator
07-26-2009, 04:42 PM

Oh yes, I forgot. Marriage in the world today is rarely about love. India arranges marriages, even among Christian Indians. Large swaths of China practice arrange marriages as do most Middle Eastern countries. When the total numbers are added up, marriage is still more about arranging dowries then it is about love. On an interesting statistical side note, the rate of divorce in these areas is relatively small and these countries don't have the social/political/theological turmoil of same sex marriages.

noonwitch
07-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Even so, there is a difference in being denied a legal marriage and being executed for one's beliefs, as far as the whole civil rights argument he was trying to make is concerned. Even from a liberal perspective in which one supports gay marriage, gays here are only being denied marriage, they are not being executed for being gay.

movie buff
08-17-2009, 12:39 AM
I remember in the book 'Jesus Freaks' (A history of Christian martyrs written by the group dc Talk), there was a story of a small underground church of Christians in North Korea that was discovered by the authorities. When the Christians refused to deny Christ and become atheists, the children in the group were hanged in front of their parents. The Christians were given one last chance to deny Christ and live, but they refused, so the soldiers forced them all to lie on the ground forming a straight line, then had them run over with a steamroller. The North Korean authorities referred to the slaughter as an act of "Repressing local superstition" or some crap like that.
The DUmmy freaks like IndianaGreen would undoubtedly be cheering such instances, and portraying the North Korean soldiers who butchered them as heroes.

KCornett
08-17-2009, 01:57 AM
I remember in the book 'Jesus Freaks' (A history of Christian martyrs written by the group dc Talk), there was a story of a small underground church of Christians in North Korea that was discovered by the authorities. When the Christians refused to deny Christ and become atheists, the children in the group were hanged in front of their parents. The Christians were given one last chance to deny Christ and live, but they refused, so the soldiers forced them all to lie on the ground forming a straight line, then had them run over with a steamroller. The North Korean authorities referred to the slaughter as an act of "Repressing local superstition" or some crap like that.
The DUmmy freaks like IndianaGreen would undoubtedly be cheering such instances, and portraying the North Korean soldiers who butchered them as heroes.

WTF??? is that true?

noonwitch
08-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I love the assumption by the one poster that because christian voters here didn't support proposition 8 in California, North Korean christians deserve to suffer and die.

Whatever one thinks of gay marriage, nobody here is killing people for being gay with government sanction. The right to live as a gay american is undisputed by the courts and law here.

CueSi
08-19-2009, 02:04 AM
WTF??? is that true?

Probably... I probably wouldn't swear to it in court, but I would put $50 on it.

And I'm broke.

~QC