PDA

View Full Version : Time Mag: Jon Stewart Most Trusted Newsman in America

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Time Mag: Jon Stewart Most Trusted Newsman in America

By Dan Testa , 07-22-09
In yet another sign that American journalism is thriving, TIME Magazine conducted a Web poll asking who is the most trusted newsman in America, now that the great Walter Cronkite has passed on. And the winner? Jon Stewart of the Daily Show with 44 percent, beating out ABC's Charlie Gibson (19 percent), NBC's Brian Williams (29 percent) and Katie Couric of CBS (7 percent). Stewart was the only non-network anchor on the list; cable news anchors and reporters weren't included, so who knows how Keith Olbermann or Bill O'Reilly would have fared.
http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/time_mag_jon_stewart_most_trusted_newsman_in_ameri ca/11921/
Why not? We have a comedian for a senater too!

satanica
07-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree. I trust him.

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree. I trust him.

If you can't trust a comedian to give you accurate news who can you trust!

satanica
07-25-2009, 04:25 PM
If you can't trust a comedian to give you accurate news who can you trust!

It'a whole lot better than trusting this idiot....

http://argemiroferreira.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/reagan_bonzo.jpg

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 04:28 PM

Is that Al Gore he is feeding?

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I agree. I trust him.
Where is Jappy? Did your sphincter contract and pinch his head off?

satanica
07-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Thats your hero Ronald Reagan feeding a chimp a bottle of milk.

Jon Stewert isn't asking to President.

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 04:40 PM

Makes you want a milky bottle too doesn't it. How typical a conservative having to feed an ape shit liberal!

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 04:43 PM
How do you "ask to president". The weed must be pretty good. You shouldn't be buying weed with only your wife supporting you. It isn't fair!

PoliCon
07-25-2009, 05:31 PM

yet another bait and switch. You can always tell when Kiki is unable to argue a point - he always resorts to a bait and switch luring people off the topic into some asinine tangent.

djones520
07-25-2009, 05:41 PM

And a picture of a deceased President has what to do with you trusting a comedian whose paid to misrepresent the news?

megimoo
07-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Jon Stuart is a clown,a comic.Who would ever call him a serious news critter ?

satanica
07-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Again....

You guys are in the minority.

Rockntractor
07-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Again....

You guys are in the minority.

Wich is your favorite satty the devil or conehead?

satanica
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
And a picture of a deceased President has what to do with you trusting a comedian whose paid to misrepresent the news?

You won't trust a comedian to tell you some news.

But you will trust a man who co stared in a movie named 'Bed Time for Gonzo" ...where he bottle fed a chimp milk to be PRESIDENT ?

Nubs
07-25-2009, 07:03 PM
You won't trust a comedian to tell you some news.

But you will trust a man who co stared in a movie named 'Bed Time for Gonzo" ...where he bottle fed a chimp milk to be PRESIDENT ?

Again, what does Jon Stewart have to do with Ronald Reagan?

A logically eqivilant argument would be I don't trust Jon Stewart but I believe the sky is blue.

satanica
07-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Again, what does Jon Stewart have to do with Ronald Reagan?

A logically eqivilant argument would be I don't trust Jon Stewart but I believe the sky is blue.

Nothing to do with anything.

It's just funny the hero of the right is just an idiot actor who use to co star with monkeys wearing diapers.

"Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter" -Cheney

As it turns out ...Reagan and Cheney didn't know what they were talking about ...

Unless, you agree with their view about the deficits ?

Do you ?

satanica
07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
"Reagan proved deficits don't matter" - Cheney

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A26402-2004Jun8?language=printer

Well ....do ya ?

Elspeth
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Post Deleted

Typical DUer misogyny.

satanica
07-25-2009, 10:06 PM
"Reagan proved deficits don't matter" - Cheney

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A26402-2004Jun8?language=printer

Do you agree ?

Well ....do ya ?

Lager
07-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Deleted Post

I really picture you twitching through your life in a mountain dew fed, perpetual rage. Are all you far lefties morphing into this? You hop around this board like someone in serious need of Ritalin. I can almost imagine your knee pumpin up and down like a piston as you post this stuff. Calm the Fuck down dude. What has Sarah done to you?

Lager
07-26-2009, 12:42 AM
It's sad, really. Not that I think this poll is accurate, but it does perfectly describe the state of cynicism, and level of awareness in our country, if Jon Stewart is thought to be a credible news source.

Rockntractor
07-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Deleted Post.

Sure satty! Your going to keep it under control from now on!

Shannon
07-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Deleted Post

You are absurd.

PoliCon
07-27-2009, 12:47 AM
once again we have let the troll hijack the conversation away from the topic of the thread.

Rockntractor
07-27-2009, 12:49 AM
once again we have let the troll hijack the conversation away from the topic of the thread.

Thats the way it went for about two hours tonight!

PoliCon
07-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Thats the way it went for about two hours tonight!

why?

Rockntractor
07-27-2009, 01:00 AM
why?
He jumps in on every thread you are trying to discuss and then dominates them. We got our licks in tonight though.

PoliCon
07-27-2009, 01:02 AM
He jumps in on every thread you are trying to discuss and then dominates them. We got our licks in tonight though.

He can only dominate if people LET him dominate.

Rockntractor
07-27-2009, 01:21 AM
He can only dominate if people LET him dominate.

He is a disruptor. Thats what they do. You can't ignore speedbumps!

PoliCon
07-27-2009, 01:25 AM
He is a disruptor. Thats what they do. You can't ignore speedbumps!

sure you can - what more - if you are skillful - you can bypass them completely.

Zafod
07-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Nothing to do with anything.

It's just funny the hero of the right is just an idiot actor who use to co star with monkeys wearing diapers.

"Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter" -Cheney

As it turns out ...Reagan and Cheney didn't know what they were talking about ...

Unless, you agree with their view about the deficits ?

Do you ?

You like Bill Maher?

His genius brought us such classics as :

Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death

House II: The Second Story

and dont forget the award winning classic.... Pizza Man!

WOW!!

Sonnabend
07-27-2009, 04:14 AM
'Bed Time for Gonzo"

..is "Bed Time for Bonzo"

Australia doesnt have a President

I am not a woman.

A dingo is a dog.

You need psychiatric help.

noonwitch
07-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Jon Stuart is a clown,a comic.Who would ever call him a serious news critter ?

Certainly not Jon himself. That's one of his lines "We're the fake news, you know".

rushrules
07-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Ann Coulter should be the most trusted news source. Some of her quotes shown below just blow that liberal blowhard Stewart away!

"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo."

Makes ya kind of proud deep, deep, down inside that she is one of the sponsors of our fine website!

Zafod
07-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Ann Coulter should be the most trusted news source. Some of her quotes shown below just blow that liberal blowhard Stewart away!

"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo."

Makes ya kind of proud deep, deep, down inside that she is one of the sponsors of our fine website!

hey everyone, I think Satty has made a sock puppet!

Rebel Yell
07-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Ya think?

BTW, Satty, if Reagan hadn't been kind enough to provide that bottle. who knows where Obama would have ended up.

Rockntractor
07-27-2009, 03:41 PM

I think you are right!

Zafod
07-27-2009, 03:42 PM
I think you are right!

kinda lame isnt it?

Rockntractor
07-27-2009, 03:57 PM
kinda lame isnt it?

There wasn't much of an attempt to hide it. He loves our abuse so much he will do anything to stay here!

Zafod
07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
There wasn't much of an attempt to hide it. He loves our abuse so much he will do anything to stay here!

bingo.