PDA

View Full Version : NFL conditionally reinstates Vick

Space Gravy
07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
As reported by ESPN last week, the NFL has announced that quarterback Mike Vick has been conditionally reinstated.

The league announced the conditional reinstatement today.

Per the release, he is eligible to participate "without delay" in training camp, and he may play in the final two preseason games played by the team with which he signs.

And he won't be suspended to start the season in the traditional sense. Instead, he will be permitted to participate in all team activities other than games.

Vick then will be eligible for full reinstatement by Week Six.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/nfl-conditionally-reinstates-vick/

PoliCon
07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
yes - but what team is actually going to want to take him?

revolutionist15
07-27-2009, 09:46 PM
not the freaking falcons, idk why they signed this THUG in the first place

lacarnut
07-28-2009, 01:06 AM
not the freaking falcons, idk why they signed this THUG in the first place

He could go play in one of the large big thug cities like NY, Detroit, Chicago, San Fran or LA. They would probably welcome him with open arms.

Space Gravy
07-28-2009, 06:55 AM
He could go play in one of the large big thug cities like NY, Detroit, Chicago, San Fran or LA. They would probably welcome him with open arms.

LA doesn't have a team.

Speedy
07-28-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.ecbgcpittsburg.com/Images/Images/raiders.gif

Rebel Yell
07-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Vick's best bet would be to spend a year in the UFL, prove his worth on the field again, then sign with an NFL team next year.

I think he should be allowed to play again, if a team wants him. Of course my team doesn't want him back. We have a real QB now, Matt Ryan.

Lars1701a
07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
http://www.ecbgcpittsburg.com/Images/Images/raiders.gif

they are in oakland

Lars1701a
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I think everyone deserves a second chance (short of murdering someone) as long as he proves he has reformed. Hell he can go to Shitsburgh they would welcome a thug like him, there is a rapist there now. :D

Rebel Yell
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
they are in oakland

I was hoping he meant the Raiders would probably sign him.

PoliCon
07-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I think everyone deserves a second chance (short of murdering someone) as long as he proves he has reformed. Hell he can go to Shitsburgh they would welcome a thug like him, there is a rapist there now. :D

Sorry - no. We don't do thug players. We trade them away.

FlaGator
07-28-2009, 12:15 PM

How do you tell if he's reformed? Count the dogs in his neighborhood before he moves in and then again 6 months later?

ralph wiggum
07-28-2009, 12:15 PM

You might be surprised. Mike Tomlin is a Tony Dungy "disciple", and Dungy is working closely with Vick during both his physical and PR preparations.

PoliCon
07-28-2009, 12:17 PM
You might be surprised. Mike Tomlin is a Tony Dungy "disciple", and Dungy is working closely with Vick during both his physical and PR preparations.

The owners won't allow it. Pitsburgh is a family team. Which is why we don't have sexy cheerleaders. :(

Lars1701a
07-28-2009, 12:55 PM

So Big ben is being traded then?

PoliCon
07-28-2009, 01:45 PM

I know you guys are desperate for a real QB there in Silly - but please - the man has only been accused CIVILLY of rape. He's not actually guilty. So he's just not Buzzards material.

Rebel Yell
07-28-2009, 01:58 PM

After watching Donovan and T.O. act like a gay couple who were high on life only to end up acting like a gay couple breaking up, not much can be said coming oout of Philly.

BTW, the gay scenario came from my wife, who doesn't watch football. She happened to be watching the pregame or ESPN during that time when they did a piece following the whole T.O. coming to Philly through the end of the line for him. They were showing them sitting together being interviewed in the beginning (happy), then showed interviews during the break up. She turned to me and siad, "My Gaydar is going off." They are a gay couple breaking up. As much as it pains me to think of ANY football player as gay. The scenario seemed to fit. They may not be gay, but they sure acted like it.

Teetop
07-28-2009, 05:21 PM
yes - but what team is actually going to want to take him?

The Dumbass Cowboys take anyone.

Disclaimer; I'm a Cowgirl fan.