PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

DarkScribe
07-10-2008, 07:24 AM
A story on Fox News this morning gave me the idea for this thread....apparently being a nerd is now cool...

TOTD: In high school, what were you? Nerd? Jock? Rocker? Part of the Cool, Party Crowd? Somewhere in between?

I would fall into the "in between" category (although Shannon would say I was definitely a nerd) because I was friends with and hung out with everyone in those classifications. I was a quiet, somewhat shy and introverted teenager...but did play some sports and went to parties, etc. :cool:

Cold Warrior
07-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Sunny and hot today in the metropolis. Getting ready to tutor my girlfriend in driving to work and come back with the car. Productive day yesterday in the pub! :D

TOTD: Good topic, DS. In HS, many years ago, I was a bit like the Christian Slater character in Heathers.

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/S/stevereno/1075769575_uresquizjd.JPG

Goldwater
07-10-2008, 08:41 AM
TOTD: In high school, what were you? Nerd? Jock? Rocker? Part of the Cool, Party Crowd? Somewhere in between?

I was always that Bill Murray from Ghostbusters character, crazy and odd, yet fun cool and hip to party with. :cool:

Shannon
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I would say you were a nerd because you were a nerd, dear.:rolleyes: I'm not sure what category would describe me best. People feared me and wanted to be my friends.:p

biccat
07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
#include <stdio>

#define MAX_STRING_LENGTH = 20
#define MAX_GRADE = 12
#define IS_DORK = 1
#define IS_JOCK = 2
#define IS_ROCKER = 3
#define IS_PARTIER = 4
#define IS_OTHER = 5

struct student
{ char name[MAX_STRING_LENGTH]; int grade; short int status; int rank; }

int main()
{
char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];
int i;
struct student biccat {"", 12, 1, 100};

strcpy("biccat",biccat.name);

for(i=0;i<IS_OTHER;i++)
if (biccat.status == i)
break;

switch i
{ case IS_DORK:
strcpy("dork",buf);
break;
case IS_JOCK:
strcpy("jock",buf);
break;
case IS_ROCKER:
strcpy("rocker",buf);
break;
case IS_PARTIER:
strcpy("partier",buf);
break;
default:
strcpy("other",buf);
break;
}

printf("%s was a %s in high school.",biccat.name,buf);
return 0;
}

DarkScribe
07-10-2008, 09:09 AM
#include <stdio>

#define MAX_STRING_LENGTH = 20
#define MAX_GRADE = 12
#define IS_DORK = 1
#define IS_JOCK = 2
#define IS_ROCKER = 3
#define IS_PARTIER = 4
#define IS_OTHER = 5

struct student
{ char name[MAX_STRING_LENGTH]; int grade; short int status; int rank; }

int main()
{
char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];
int i;
struct student biccat {"", 12, 1, 100};

strcpy("biccat",biccat.name);

for(i=0;i<IS_OTHER;i++)
if (biccat.status == i)
break;

switch i
{ case IS_DORK:
strcpy("dork",buf);
break;
case IS_JOCK:
strcpy("jock",buf);
break;
case IS_ROCKER:
strcpy("rocker",buf);
break;
case IS_PARTIER:
strcpy("partier",buf);
break;
default:
strcpy("other",buf);
break;
}

printf("%s was a %s in high school.",biccat.name,buf);
return 0;
}

WTF, dude....you telling us you were a computer geek?

linda22003
07-10-2008, 09:10 AM
I was probably "in between". I wasn't a jockette and I wasn't a stoner; it was a small private girls' school, and we all had to live together. :)

biccat
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
WTF, dude....you telling us you were a computer geek?

I was a HUGE dork in high school.

Still am actually :D

movie buff
07-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I was mainly the socially awkward nerd.

megimoo
07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
A story on Fox News this morning gave me the idea for this thread....apparently being a nerd is now cool...

I would fall into the "in between" category (although Shannon would say I was definitely a nerd) because I was friends with and hung out with everyone in those classifications. I was a quiet, somewhat shy and introverted teenager...but did play some sports and went to parties, etc. :cool:Did you ever go 'Skinnie Dipping 'with the girls ?

Gingersnap
07-10-2008, 09:52 AM
We'll have another hot day (hot by our standards) and then a big cool down for the weekend. Why didn't I plant more peas? Those little babies are addictive. The cherries have also come in so I may make a cherry pie for Mr. Snaps.

TOTD: I would guess I was a nerd but I wasn't really clued in to it since I hang out with all the other overachievers who were heavily involved in competitive academics and debate. I was also in the band which is a complete and highly competitive world in itself.

I disliked high school because it was just the way I had to mark time before college. Today I would demand to homeschool myself and I would burn through the workload in 2 years, not 4. :D

LogansPapa
07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Overcast here - zip on the waves, but they’re coming this weekend. 20% chance of rain tomorrow - minor front to move it. Surf will probably be a bit choppy - but higher than the knees anyway.

TOTD: Car nut. 3AM engine work to see if we could get the front wheels off the ground, dodging the cops out in front of school at lunch, where the girls could see us as they sat on the lawn. Many ‘exhibition of speed' tickets in my 63’ Nova - straight axle.

Oh, and I got expelled for a week the first day of high school - for fighting. That’s when I first learned that you want to make the Samoan guys your friends and not piss them off.:cool:

Shannon
07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Oh, and I got expelled for a week the first day of high school - for fighting.

Expelled or suspended? It normally takes a lot more than one fight to get expelled.( well, back then anyway)

LogansPapa
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Expelled or suspended? It normally takes a lot more than one fight to get expelled.( well, back then anyway)

Expelled. Apparently my reputation had proceeded me from Jr. High and I was forced to go to summer school after my Freshman year to clear the crime. Principle was a major prick, but my dad straightened his ass out.

BSR
07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Sunny and hot today in the metropolis. Getting ready to tutor my girlfriend in driving to work and come back with the car. Productive day yesterday in the pub! :D

TOTD: Good topic, DS. In HS, many years ago, I was a bit like the Christian Slater character in Heathers.

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/S/stevereno/1075769575_uresquizjd.JPG

Gay :confused:

BSR
07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I played Football and Baseball, so I guess Jock. But I also hung out with a whole group of diffrent people. The thugs, a couple of nerds, some preppy kids. I was never into the clicks.

Shannon
07-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I was never into the clicks.

Probably because they made fun of your spelling disability.:p

LogansPapa
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Isn’t she a peach? :p

BSR
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Bus to hell is leaving in 10 min... Be UNDER it.. :mad:

BSR
07-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Isn’t she a peach? :p

Yes.

If that peach was sitting in the sun for a year and rotten.. :mad:

LogansPapa
07-10-2008, 12:13 PM
If that peach was sitting in the sun for a year and rotten.. :mad:

Oh shit - where’d I leave that helmet? :eek:

BSR
07-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh shit - where’d I leave that helmet? :eek:

No need for it. Shannon and I have a special relationship. She kicks around my junk and I cry myself to sleep everynight.

Its almost like we're married.

linda22003
07-10-2008, 12:24 PM
No need for it. Shannon and I have a special relationship. She kicks around my junk and I cry myself to sleep everynight.

Its almost like we're married.

It's more like you're picturing her in a dominatrix outfit. (Not that I'm doubting for a moment that she has a selection of them.)

BSR
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
It's more like you're picturing her in a dominatrix outfit. (Not that I'm doubting for a moment that she has a selection of them.)

Do women really need an outfit to knock around a guy's no-no spot? I thought a wedding ring took care of that.

linda22003
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
The right outfit for the right occasion is very important. And let's face it, for Shannon it would be all about the shoes.
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18052876.jpg?size=572&uid=%7BE8D821C7-DFBB-4420-9599-D83B42C2DD84%7D

Shannon
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
The right outfit for the right occasion is very important. And let's face it, for Shannon it would be all about the shoes.
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18052876.jpg?size=572&uid=%7BE8D821C7-DFBB-4420-9599-D83B42C2DD84%7D

I wasn't going to respond in this thread further...but I do like those shoes.:p

Cold Warrior
07-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I wasn't going to respond in this thread further...but I do like those shoes.:p

Nice shoes, but her ankle's too thick.

linda22003
07-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing - too chunky for an ankle bracelet. Actually, an ankle bracelet is not a good look for anyone.

Shannon
07-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Nice shoes, but her ankle's too thick.

Who are you talking to? Do you really think I didn't notice that?:rolleyes:

LibraryLady
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
They're DANGEROUS!!!

Woman gets $15k for snapped stiletto
July 09, 2008 08:49pm (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23995591-401,00.html)

A BRITISH woman who broke her ankle after one of her high heels snapped has won $14,900 in compensation.

Sophie King, 20, was wearing a pair of strappy black peep-toe stilettos with 6cm heels on a night out with friends in Manchester when one broke, sending her sprawling on the floor.

After the accident, which happened four years ago, Ms King had to have an operation on her ankle and was forced to quit her hairdressing job while she recovered.

Woman Stabbed by Stiletto Heel or Her Own Shoe

The woman struck by shoe sought medical attention several days later now has a serious infection.
Thursday, July 10, 2008 (http://www.wrva.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104673&article=3937318)

Seattle police are seeking a man who stabbed a woman with the stiletto heel of her own shoe, causing an infection that required emergency surgery.

The 39-year-old woman underwent emergency surgery on Saturday after contracting an "aggressive" bacterial infection, according to Seattle Times.
(this story gets pretty wild!)

Man blinded by stiletto heel in sectarian attack (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/article3786633.ece)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Downpatrick man has been blinded by a woman who stood on his head in stiletto heels according to a local Sinn Fein councillor

jendf
07-10-2008, 01:16 PM

I spent a lot of time in the library, which I guess would qualify me for the nerd spot. But I was fine with that. Reallly!

LibraryLady
07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I spent a lot of time in the library, which I guess would qualify me for the nerd spot. But I was fine with that. Reallly!

OK, too funny. I have a special certificate from High School for all the volunteer hours I spent in the library!

jendf
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM
OK, too funny. I have a special certificate from High School for all the volunteer hours I spent in the library!

That's not so bad. Unless you framed it. Then we need to talk. :p

ConJinx
07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
TOYD: straight A Stoner.Drop acid a do Trig, it sooo makes sense then.

Shannon
07-10-2008, 01:35 PM
TOYP: straight A Stoner.Drop acid a do Trig, it sooo makes sense then.

Your posts make more sense to me in light of this information.:p

ConJinx
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I love back-handed compliments too

Shannon
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I love back-handed compliments too

That wasn't a back handed compliment. Philly is the master of those.;)

DarkScribe
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Do women really need an outfit to knock around a guy's no-no spot? I thought a wedding ring took care of that.

Whatsa matter, JV...can't handle it? I am still relatively sane...stop your damn whining! :p

BSR
07-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Whatsa matter, JV...can't handle it? I am still relatively sane...stop your damn whining! :p

That one is to easy, I'll let it slide. :D