PDA

View Full Version : 'People power's' reluctant hero dies - Corazon Aquino R.I.P

Sonnabend
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
FORMER Philippine leader and hero of democracy Corazon Aquino (http://search.news.com.au/search//0/?us=ndmnews&sid=401&as=news&ac=ninews2&q=Corazon%20Aquino) has died of cardiac arrest after battling colon cancer for more than a year. She was 76.

Mrs Aquino, the widow of assassinated opposition leader Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, was propelled into the spotlight in 1986, when she headed a huge "people power" movement that toppled the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos.

A former housewife who reluctantly became president, she went on to restore democracy in the Philippines and rewrite the country's constitution. "Our mother peacefully passed away at 3.18am, August 1, 2009 of cardio-respiratory arrest," her son, Senator Benigno Aquino Jr, said outside the Makati Medical Centre (http://search.news.com.au/search//0/?us=ndmnews&sid=401&as=news&ac=ninews2&q=Makati%20Medical%20Centre) in Manila, where his mother had been admitted.

"She would have wanted us to thank each and every one of you for all the prayers and the continuous love and support.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25866088-401,00.html

A true leader of freedom, unlike that simpering, snivelling coward in the Oval Office. Her husband died for freedom, and she took up that mantle and forged a new nation fronm the ashes of the Marcos dictatorship.

She knew what the First Sasquatch will never understand, that freedom is an ideal to be cherished...not to be abused, ignored and swept aside in the thirst for "control"

Corazon will be remembered as a pioneer of freedom. Michelle Obama will be remembered as She Who is Entitled..one man's wife took up the banner of freedom...the other man's wife trampled upon it.

Japandroid
07-31-2009, 09:29 PM
A true leader of freedom, unlike that simpering, snivelling coward in the Oval Office.

Thread ruined.

Sonnabend
07-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Thread ruined.

Fact , plain and simple.

That you cant handle it, isnt my problem.

meowmeow
08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
She can still be remembered and loved for who she was, what she did...without the casual reference to anyone else...Jesus Christ, Ghandi, Mohammed, Martin Luther...should I put (King JR) in brackets...should I write SHAME...?

Sonnabend
08-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Jesus Christ, Ghandi, Mohammed, Martin LutherNone of whom have anything to do with Cory Aquiino. Nice unicorn and I will say what I damned well please and there is jack and shit you can do about it.

Neither you nor your fellow travellers did anything else than jump on the BDS bandwagon, i am sick of them, I am sick of you, I will not "play nice now Obama is President" and I will not back off one inch.

This "dear 48 this is 52 cant we get along" is hypcrisy so rank it is almost sickening

You and your ilk set the standard over eight years.

Now you live with the fucking consequences.

meowmeow
08-01-2009, 01:47 AM
None of whom have anything to do with Cory Aquiino. Nice unicorn and I will say what I damned well please and there is jack and shit you can do about it.

Neither you nor your fellow travellers did anything else than jump on the BDS bandwagon, i am sick of them, I am sick of you, I will not "play nice now Obama is President" and I will not back off one inch.

This "dear 48 this is 52 cant we get along" is hypcrisy so rank it is almost sickening

Well I guess we can all have one thing in common...an opinion...opinion.

Sonnabend
08-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Well I guess we can all have one thing in common...an opinion...opinion.Me calling Obama a snivelling coward and an appeaser isnt an opinion, its a fact. Jerk never served, never tried to serve and when asked why said "There wasnt a war"

Yellow streak a mile wide.

meowmeow
08-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Me calling Obama a snivelling coward and an appeaser isnt an opinion, its a fact. Jerk never served, never tried to serve and when asked why said "There wasnt a war"

Yellow streak a mile wide.

And that somehow ties into Corazon's death...how?

Sonnabend
08-01-2009, 02:30 AM
And that somehow ties into Corazon's death...how?

That she was a true leader and visionary, whilst Obama is the worlds biggest bullshit artist.

meowmeow
08-01-2009, 02:32 AM
That she was a true leader and visionary, whilst Obama is the worlds biggest bullshit artist.

The world's biggest...at least you're giving him some credit!

Japandroid
08-01-2009, 03:03 AM
None of whom have anything to do with Cory Aquiino. Nice unicorn and I will say what I damned well please and there is jack and shit you can do about it.

Nobody really gives a shit what you think though. The only exposure we have to you is on the internet where your hilariously misguided condescension can be gleefully ignored. You know what Sonnabend, I will live with the fucking consequences because I have a say in the policy directions of the country that I live in.

Here this women dies, obviously an important and inspirational regional figure, and the best you can do to mark her memory is throw a few shots at Obama? You try to act so cultured and informed, berating people for not knowing the Hamas Charter and mourning the death of a figure who isn't well known in America, but the old hateful fool that you are always shines through.

Adam Wood
08-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Ah damn. She'll be missed. A true leader for freedom and democracy at a time when both were severely threatened in the Pacific. Controversial as she and her husband were, they were much better than the alternative for the Filipino people.

BadCat
08-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Nobody really gives a shit what you think though. The only exposure we have to you is on the internet where your hilariously misguided condescension can be gleefully ignored. You know what Sonnabend, I will live with the fucking consequences because I have a say in the policy directions of the country that I live in.

Here this women dies, obviously an important and inspirational regional figure, and the best you can do to mark her memory is throw a few shots at Obama? You try to act so cultured and informed, berating people for not knowing the Hamas Charter and mourning the death of a figure who isn't well known in America, but the old hateful fool that you are always shines through.

Says the metrosexual troll.
Fuck off Blinky/Marko.

Lars1701a
08-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Why they ban jap?

He was a tool but not quite the level of satty.