PDA

View Full Version : Sonny you're goin' to hell!

Rockntractor
08-01-2009, 10:31 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=221x143707

ccharles000 (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-01-09 09:19 PM
Original message
What do you say to a parent that tells you she is worried you wont go to heaven?
My mom is a wonderful person but she is really religious and does not like that I am gay. When I came out to her two years ago she told me she loved me and that she hopes that I got over it. The other day we were watching tv and and I made a comment that a guy on some show was cute she started tearing up and told me she was afraid I was not going to heaven. I did not say anything. I know that she loves me but I don't think she will ever accept my being gay.
This really is sad!I can't imagine what this mother feels.

Toasterlad (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-01-09 09:24 PM
Response to Original message
1. Ask Her What Kind of God Makes Someone Gay and Then Sends Them to Hell For It.
Or, you could simply tell her that you hope she "gets over" her religious fantasies.
Typical DU wisdom!

enslaved1
08-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I fully expected an interesting Sonnabend mole thread. :)

ccharles should be glad his mother is Christian, not one of their precious islamofacists. She only loves him enough to tell him he's going to hell for being gay, instead of punching an express ticket for it.

Rockntractor
08-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I fully expected an interesting Sonnabend mole thread. :)

ccharles should be glad his mother is Christian, not one of their precious islamofacists. She only loves him enough to tell him he's going to hell for being gay, instead of punching an express ticket for it.
Are Sonna a mole?

enslaved1
08-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Are Sonna a mole?

Ah the nuances of english that just don't come across when typed.:mad: When is that telepathic interface coming?

No I meant I thought the story was about a mole sonna has over at the DUmp.

Rockntractor
08-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Ah the nuances of english that just don't come across when typed.:mad: When is that telepathic interface coming?

No I meant I thought the story was about a mole sonna has over at the DUmp.

I didn't no sonna even went over to DU let alone have a mole!