PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare Will Replace Medicare

megimoo
08-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Dick Morris is worried that complacency among citizens could result in a disastrous healthcare overhaul costing Americans for generations to come.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV, Morris was asked if he thinks Democrats will do what Sen. Chuck Schumer has alluded to: ram health reform through without any Republican support using a process called “reconciliation.” That requires only a simple majority instead of 60 votes.

“Yeah, I think they’re going to try it. I think there’s no chance that they’ll get 60 votes, there’s no chance of any real Republican support,” Morris said. “They’re going try and jam this thing through, and of course, it will pass the House because they march in lockstep.”

See Video: Dick Morris warns that complacency could destroy America’s healthcare system - Click Here Now

“So it is absolutely crucial for us to be aggressive and active in taking the steps to fight it,” he said.

The key is spreading information about the mammoth healthcare bills, Morris said, and mobilizing the conservative grassroots.

“Newsmax.com has a lot of the information; my website DickMorris.com does as well. We need to run ads in all of the states that swing-state senators live in, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Indiana, Connecticut, whole bunch of those states, and really force those senators to vote as their constituents want.”

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/morris_healthcare_obama/2009/08/04/243837.html