PDA

View Full Version : White House: Town Hall Anger "Manufactured"

Gingersnap
08-05-2009, 10:46 AM
White House: Town Hall Anger "Manufactured"
August 04, 2009 9:02 PM

PrintRSSE-mailShare this story with friendsFacebookRedditTwitterStumbleUponMore
Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas, tells ABC News that there's nothing authentic about the protests Democratic congressmen are experiencing all over the country.

"This notion of a grass-roots campaign is totally and completely phony," Doggett said. "The Republican Party has coordinated this apparent outrage and stirred it up."

The White House made a similar charge earlier today, saying much of the anger was "manfactured."

But Max Papas, an official from FreedomWorks, which is run by corporate lobbyist and former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, says his organization's role in organizing some protestors is almost beside the point

"Those inside the Beltway need to know that you can't fake this sort of outrage outside the Beltway," said Papas. "It only happens when they are very concerned about what is going on inside of Washington, and it's a clear sign that people are very concerned.

ABC (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/08/white-house-town-hall-anger-manufactured.html)

megimoo
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
ABC (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/08/white-house-town-hall-anger-manufactured.html)
I wonder if they aren't really trying to start a revolution so they can declare Martial Law? How can any party expect the people to stand still for this crap and not be 'up in arms '?If Bush pulled this stuff the liberals would be in the streets with burning torches and pitchforks by now !

Gingersnap
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I wonder if they aren't really trying to start a revolution so they can declare Marshal Law ?How can any party expect the people to stand still for this crap and not be 'up in arms '?If Bush pulled this stuff the liberals would be in the streets with burning torches and pitchforks by now !

Well, they'd have to use torches and pitchforks - the libs don't have any guns. :D

ralph wiggum
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I wonder if they aren't really trying to start a revolution so they can declare Marshal Law ?How can any party expect the people to stand still for this crap and not be 'up in arms '?If Bush pulled this stuff the liberals would be in the streets with burning torches and pitchforks by now !

I hope you misspelled "Martial Law" on purpose, megi.

megimoo
08-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Well, they'd have to use torches and pitchforks - the libs don't have any guns. :D
Sure they do .ATF,DEA and FBI HRT snipers and assaulters .The old Branch Davidian and Ruby Ridge crowd ! !

megimoo
08-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope you misspelled "Martial Law" on purpose, megi.
Thank you , I missed that one .If it had been the nasty old Word Nazi I never would have any peace !

Talismen
08-05-2009, 11:42 AM

The more they dismiss it, the more they put their party's control of both houses in peril.
But - let them eat cake....after all, he "won".

BadCat
08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
The more they dismiss it, the more they put their party's control of both houses in peril.
But - let them eat cake....after all, he "won".

http://lolcat.com/images/lolcats/469.jpg

megimoo
08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
But - let them eat cake....after all, he "won".I am beginning to think that he really is quite naive and stupid !

linda22003
08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Thank you , I missed that one .If it had been the nasty old Word Nazi I never would have any peace !

I saw it, but even I can only do so much. Fighting Megi's Ignorance would be a full time job, and the pay would be abysmal.

Gingersnap
08-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I am beginning to think that he really is quite naive and stupid !

I think he's out of his depth without his Chicago political machine.

Talismen
08-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I am beginning to think that he really is quite naive and stupid !

'Naive' and 'stupid' are the bastard children of 'arrogance'.
His pride is what drives him, and it will be his political downfall.

No one that prideful avoids political karma for very long.

linda22003
08-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I think he's out of his depth without his Chicago political machine.

He still has quite a few of them around him, doesn't he?

Gingersnap
08-05-2009, 12:01 PM
He still has quite a few of them around him, doesn't he?

He does but they don't seem to be as effective as they are in their native environment.

Congressman Tells Chief Of Staff That Chicago Tactics Won't Work In Washington (http://republicans.oversight.house.gov/News/PRArticle.aspx?NewsID=625)

Nubs
08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
They think it is manufactured??? I do not remember the opposition to HillaryCare being this vocal, and see what happened at the ballot box in '94. A lot of Congress critters may just see how "manufactured" the disapproval is in '10

Zathras
08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Actually the anger you see was manufactured....by all of the crap that the current mis-administration of The Obumbler and his minions is trying to ram through congress and by executive order.

Zathras
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I think he's out of his depth.

Fixed.

lacarnut
08-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I saw it, but even I can only do so much. Fighting Megi's Ignorance would be a full time job, and the pay would be abysmal.

Megi does it on purpose to get you and others bowels in an uproar. It seems to work to this writer. :p

Talismen
08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Actually the anger you see was manufactured....by all of the crap that the current mis-administration of The Obumbler and his minions is trying to ram through congress and by executive order.

I agree, but I would go one further than this....

BOTH parties have done their share of ignoring the masses.
The GOP got way too cocky for it's own good, and '06 and '08 is what we have to show for it.
Pointing fingers at the political opposition and screaming "we're not them, so vote for us", isn't the most viable of political strategies.

The GOP needs (and is finally seeing, from it's own base) leadership that communicates conservatism in a way that appeals to more people across all party lines and demographics. Reagan did this well, and it was the reason why he garnered the "Reagan Democrat" vote.