PDA

View Full Version : The DemocraticUnderground is the Marine Corps of discussion boards.

Junebug68
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Bwahahaha! How dare they compare themselves to the Marines? They wouldn't know honor, duty, and patriotism is it smacked them upside the head!

kentuck (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 09:28 AM
Original message
The DemocraticUnderground is the Marine Corps of discussion boards. Edited on Fri Jul-11-08 09:30 AM by kentuck
Not everyone has what it takes to withstand the physical and mental anguish of posting on the underground. Unlike other blogs and discussion boards, DU is for Democrats and like-minded independents only. That is the reason it is so passionate at times - it a fight amongst family. And no one fights with as much passion and anger as our own family.

In the last few days, we have seen a few people decide they cannot take it here. They say why they are leaving. Most of them have been here a short time. Those that have been here for a longer time understand that we have these squabbles and battles from time to time. It is no place for the faint-hearted.

If they gave medals for everytime someone has been wounded by words or the the ideas of others or the actions of the weakest within our own Party, I would have a chest full of medals... But we stay because, in some undefinable way, we think we are making a difference. Maybe we are and maybe we aren't, but we continue to fight. Not everyone has what it takes to be a member of the DemocraticUnderground.

Not everyone has what it takes to be a member of the DemocraticUnderground? Yeah, most people have a double digit IQ :rolleyes:

spanone (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 10:16 AM
Response to Original message
9. i'd rather think of it as the peace corps

Nah, they're too wussy for the peace corps.

Silly DUmmies, tricks are for hookers :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3599624

ConJinx
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
This coming from the pansies that give everyone trophies, and they don't keep score cause the don't wanna hurt anyones feeling. How absurdly arrogant. I'm X-Army, and earned everyone of my medals. 2ARCOMS,4AAMS, CMB. I got mine as a medic while people were shooting at me.

Junebug68
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
This coming from the pansies that give everyone trophies, and they don't keep score cause the don't wanna hurt anyones feeling. How absurdly arrogant. I'm X-Army, and earned everyone of my medals. 2ARCOMS,4AAMS, CMB. I got mine as a medic while people were shooting at me.

You were a medic? Awesome! I met with an army recruiter once, but since I'm a woman I was told I couldn't be a medic, so I decided against it.

ConJinx
07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
You had a dumbass recruiter, cause I loved many of our female medics in San Antonio.Ft. SAM HOUSTON total party base.

ArmyRet
07-11-2008, 12:55 PM
There is some disagreement:

Tierra_y_Libertad (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 10:20 AM
11. Well, the expertise in the use of profantity is similar.
Other than that, I see little resemblance. Although, there are some wannabee D.I.'s who want to instill discipline with loyalty oaths.

deaniac21 (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 10:47 AM
16. You mean the Marines on Gomer Pyle USMC?

EstimatedProphet (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 11:24 AM
23. This isn't even the Cub Scouts of discussion boards

:D

Junebug68
07-11-2008, 01:24 PM
You had a dumbass recruiter, cause I loved many of our female medics in San Antonio.Ft. SAM HOUSTON total party base.

That sucks, I would have loved to do it. I'm an EMT-basic, but I'm going for my paramedic certification soon. Thanks for your service!

movie buff
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
They compare themselves to the very Marines that they dismiss as 'Fascist mercenaries.' What a bunch of dickheads.

Teetop
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
DUmmieland is the diaper pail of discussion boards.

Elspeth
07-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Actually, I was thinking of a Lord of the Flies analogy, but there's something appealing about diaper pails in this context. :)

SarasotaRepub
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Back in it's day Malloys board was much better than DU. It's slipped alot and doesn't seem to have the participation anymore but I enjoyed posting there.

They had a good mix of hard-core nut cases and moderate Dems. And they let us eeeeevil ReThugs post there. There are a lot of us here on CU that posted on Malloys. I'd still go back there but my account went inactive and I forgot the old password. :D

FlaGator
07-11-2008, 11:02 PM
EstimatedProphet (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 11:24 AM
23. This isn't even the Cub Scouts of discussion boards

DU isn't even the thrown together tree house of discussion boards.

asdf2231
07-11-2008, 11:28 PM
DU as a military unit:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/532896_3e5636ce74_m.jpg

Doc Savage
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
So they are comparing themselves to the Marine Cops now.

Is this the same military that they say is full of killers and brainwashed loosers? Is this the same military that they say guns down millions of innocent civilians? So I guess that accepting gays and lesbians is out now too.

While I did not join the Marines, I was a Navy Coprsman for 22 years and spent more time in cammies than bellbottoms, I will say that a PVT fresh off the drill field has more morals and self esteem than that collection of social misfits.

Why don't they compare themselves to the republican guard. They supress freedom, run rampent over the population, control thought, the press and freedom of expression. That is more like the dump than Uncle Sams finest! Semper FI

ReaganForRus
07-12-2008, 09:41 AM

DUmmieland Depends?