PDA

View Full Version : They Are Even Protesting ObamaCare In Massachusetts

megimoo
08-05-2009, 11:36 PM
"If they’ve lost the People’s Republic of Massachusetts, they’ve lost the battle."

The Tea Parties have had quite an impact at the health care town hall meetings in the last week. One expects Tea Party dominance at town hall meetings in Texas. One can even understand Tea Party dominance at town hall meetings in Pennsylvania. What one does not expect is for tea party protests to dominate in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts. Yesterday in Worcester, a town hall meeting was held by left-wing Reps. James McGovern (D-MA) and Richard Neal (D-MA).

The State-Run Worcester Telegraph, while trying to paint the Tea Party goers as an unruly mob (look at the photo above – does it look like an unruly mob?), conceded that the vast majority of people attending the event were against ObamaCare (sidenote:

Michelle Malkin has a post today pointing out what unruly mobs are really like, as perfected by the left; the Tea Party protests don’t even approach some of the video she shows. Worth a look.).

As much as they try to downplay these protests, I can’t imagine that it is not having an impact on Congressman and Senators in the Democrat party. There is strong opposition to ObamaCare throughout the country, regardless of dear leader’s approval numbers, as a recent Rasmussen poll shows that a plurality oppose the plan, and a plurality of voters also rate the U.S. Health Care system as good or excellent. Rasmussen also points out the fact that the strength of opposition is far more intense than the strength of support. In any case, a protest such as this in Massachusetts can’t be good for Team Obama. If they’ve lost the People’s Republic of Massachusetts, they’ve lost the battle.

http://axisofright.com/2009/08/05/they-are-even-protesting-obamacare-in-massachusetts/

stsinner
08-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Can you imagine if these piece of crap ignorant politicians had to earn a live outside of politics as a result of being voted out of office.. What a travesty that would be.. Would make for great reality TV....

megimoo
08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

Pelosi: ObamaCare Protesters ‘Carrying Swastikas’

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - An unruly Little Rock crowd heckled and shouted at two Arkansas Democratic congressmen Wednesday, accusing them of supporting a government-backed health plan that would take away Americans' personal choice and freedom.

At one point, U.S. Rep. Mike Ross sat with his head in his hands while the crowd shouted. He and fellow Democratic Rep. Vic Snyder told audience members at a forum at Arkansas Children's Hospital that they wouldn't support a completely government-run, single-payer health insurance plan.

"But that's what Obama wants!" an audience member shouted, leading to more heckling.

Ross, who represents south Arkansas, sits on the Energy and Commerce Committee and has led his fellow Blue Dog Democrats in delaying a vote on the health care overhaul until at least September. Ross is chairman of the Blue Dogs' health care task force.

The Blue Dogs—a group of mostly Southern, fiscally conservative Democrats—have not committed to supporting or opposing the bill yet. A deal reached last week calls for exempting more small businesses from a requirement to offer coverage, cutting subsidies to help people buy health insurance and making any government-sponsored insurance plan negotiate payment rates with medical providers.

Lawmakers across the country are encountering growing public doubts about President Barack Obama's push to remake the system for providing medical care, evident in polls that find confidence in Obama's handling of the issue has fallen since January. Concerns are growing about government-run health plans, a growing federal deficit, and the impact on small businesses and end-of-life provisions.

"I've said this several times but let me see if I can make it a little more clear," Ross said. "I don't represent Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi or President Obama or (House Finance Committee Chairman) Barney Frank. I represent the people of Arkansas and I'm not voting for any bill that forces any one plan on anyone, period."

Many audience members cheered loudly when Ross said he wouldn't back anything that would provide federal funding for abortions or pay for health insurance for illegal immigrants.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99T32G00&show_article=1

megimoo
08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Can you imagine if these piece of crap ignorant politicians had to earn a live outside of politics as a result of being voted out of office.. What a travesty that would be.. Would make for great reality TV....
Not in that vast mindless cesspool of political ignorance that is Taxachusetts.The land of the Cod Fish and Kennedy's .

Where the South Boston Irish still think that the Boston Democrat party is run by James Michael Curly, of glorious memory, from Charles Street Jail and is alive and well for the people.

Where They think that John F Kennedy was a saintly man and vote their fathers and grandfathers political party come hell or high water.

Where Harvard University's K_School of Government spits out lock stepping mindless Maoist/Progressives lawyers and Social Engineering MBA'S in droves every four years .

PoliCon
08-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Did anyone else fallow the Malkin link on that piece?

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/04/this-is-what-mob-rule-looks-like/

Some disturbing videos - and she's just scratching the surface!!