PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Target 70 House Democrats for 2010

megimoo
08-06-2009, 08:05 AM
"This won't go anywhere but it will sure make em sweat a bit !"

The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) has identified 70 Democrats to target for the 2010 election, according to an email obtained by AOL Politics Daily. Many of the targeted members are Democratic freshmen and sophomores from conservative districts.

The email sent from an NRCC staffer to Republican PACs says that "we have the opportunity to focus on many more districts and some unusual districts that haven't been targeted in a long time." The email with the list of targeted districts appears at the bottom of this page.

Currently the GOP has 178 seats, so the party would need to win 40 more to regain the majority, but Republicans see the momentum moving in their direction. "Many Democrats are on the defense in their districts now," said the NRCC's eCampaign Director, John Randall. Speaking metaphorically, he said, "Our goal is to get as many seaworthy boats in the water, so, if a great wind comes along, we will have the push to cross the finish line."

The list of 70 districts includes many freshman and sophomore members, as well as a large number from conservative districts, where polls show low support for government handling of the economic recession and health care reform.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08/03/republicans-target-70-house-democrats-for-2010/

PoliCon
08-06-2009, 10:57 AM
it's a nice fun list -

AL-02 Rep. Bobby Bright

NM-01 Rep. Martin Heinrich

AL-05 Rep. Parker Griffith

NM-02 Rep. Harry Teague

AR-01 Rep. Marion Berry

NV-03 Rep. Dina Titus

AR-02 Rp. Vic Snyder

NY-01 Rep. Tim Bishop

AR-04 Rep. Mike Ross

NY-13 Rep. Mike McMahon

AZ-01 Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick

NY-19 Rep. John Hall

AZ-05 Rep. Harry Mitchell

NY-20 Rep. Scott Murphy

CA-11 Rep. Jerry McNerney

NY-24 Rep. Mike Arcuri

CA-47 Rep. Loretta Sanchez

NY-25 Re. Dan Maffei

CO-04 Rep. Betsy Markey

NY-29 Rep. Eric Massa

CT-04 Rep. Jim Himes

OH-01 Rep. Steve Driehaus

FL-08 Rep. Alan Grayson

OH-15 Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy

Fl-22 Rep. Ron Klein

OH-16 Rep. John Boccieri

FL-24 Rep. Suzanne Kosmas

OH-18 Rep. Zack Space

GA-12 Rep. John Barrow

OK-02 Rep. Dan Boren

HI-01 Rep. Neil Abercrombie

OR-01 Rep. David Wu

IA-03 Rep. Leonard Boswell

OR-04 Rep. Peter DeFazio

ID-01 Rep. Walt Minnick

OR-05 Rep. Kurt Schrader

IL-11 Rep. Debbie Halvorson

PA-03 Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper

IL-14 Rep. Bill Foster

PA-04 Rep. Jason Altmire

IN-08 Rep. Brad Ellsworth

PA-07 Rep. Joe Sestak

IN-09 Rep. Baron Hill

PA-10 Rep. Chris Carney

KS-03 Rep. Dennis Moore

PA-11 Rep. Paul Kanjorski

KY-06 Rep. Ben Chandler

PA -12 Rep. Jack Murtha

LA-03 Rep. Charlie Melancon

SD-AL Rep. Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin

MD-01 Rep. Frank Kratovil

TX-17 Rep. Chet Edwards

MI-07 Rep. Mark Schauer

UT-02 Rep. Jim Matheson

MI-09 Rep. Gary Peters

VA-02 Rep. Glenn Nye

O-04 Rep. Ike Skelton

VA-05 Rep. Tom Perriello

MS-01 Rep. Travis Childers

VA-09 Rep. Rick Boucher

NC-08 Rep. Larry Kissell

VA-11 Rep. Jerry Connolly

ND-AL Rep. Earl Pomeroy

WI-03 Rep. Ron Kind

NH-01 Rep. Carol Shea-Porter

WI-07 Rep. Dave Obey

NH-02 Rep. Paul Hodes

WI-08 Rep. Steve Kagen

NJ-03 Rep. John Adler

WI-01 Rep. Alan Mollahan

HowardRoark
08-06-2009, 11:10 AM
There are some very interesting Senate races coming up as well.

Rand Paul is running in Kentucky and says some great things.

Peter Schiff may be running against Dodd in Connecticut.

PoliCon
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
There are some very interesting Senate races coming up as well.

Rand Paul is running in Kentucky and says some great things.

Peter Schiff may be running against Dodd in Connecticut.

Pat Toomey is running against Specturd - and that race is important.

Jfor
08-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I will do everything in my power to get Bobby "Nancy's Lapdog" Bright out of office. Same for Parker "I ran as a conservative democrat" Griffith. These two clowns should be gone after this election. Bright was the mayor of Montgomery and was actually a good mayor. He hasn't done so hot in congress. The people in Montgomery are not happy with him. Parker Griffith is doing nothing that the people of Huntsville want and he is in very serious trouble.

lacarnut
08-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I hope we throw many of these bums out of office and that includes Repubs. also.

Apache
08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I hope we throw many of these bums out of office and that includes Repubs. also.

Yup, its sad when you can't see any clear differences between the parties anymore...

PoliCon
08-06-2009, 11:45 AM
That is the intent here in PA at least. Why do you think that Specturd changed parties?

noonwitch
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Shouldn't Marion Berry always be on that list, at least as long as he holds the office?

The sad thing is that the democrats don't have him on a list of people they'd like to rid themselves of during the primaries.

Gary Peters is vulnerable. He's in a district that was held for a long time by a republican, Joe Knollenberg. Joe is a social conservative, and a moderate repub would probably do better at this point. It's probably the wealthiest district in Michigan-Birmingham, the Bloomfields, etc.

HowardRoark
08-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Pat Toomey is running against Specturd - and that race is important.

Yeah that would be wonderful. I'm just not convinced that the democratic machine in PA is going to be beaten. i'm attending specter's town hall in kittanning next thursday. should be a blast :cool:

PoliCon
08-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah that would be wonderful. I'm just not convinced that the democratic machine in PA is going to be beaten. i'm attending specter's town hall in kittanning next thursday. should be a blast :cool:

If I can get away - I'm gonna go to that too. :) You did see that Specturd is racing a primary challenge from a dem rep who is going to lose his seat