PDA

View Full Version : After 34 years, Lynette 'Squeaky' Fromme to be released

bijou
08-06-2009, 11:19 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/CRIME/08/05/squeaky.fromme.release/art.squeaky.fromme.gi.jpg

(CNN) -- The president she once pointed a gun at has been dead for nearly three years, and her longtime idol and leader, Charles Manson, remains in prison.

However, Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme is about to get her first taste of real freedom in more than three decades.

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, Fromme, now 60, is set to be released on parole August 16.

Fromme is housed at the Federal Medical Center at Carswell, Texas. ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/05/squeaky.fromme.release/

noonwitch
08-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I hope she got some serious psychiatric help in the last 34 years.

Didn't she escape once from prison, got caught and sent back?

Squeaky was Charlie's second in command. Even though she wasn't involved directly in the Tate-Labianca murders, in some ways she's scarier than Lesly Van Houten, who was involved. She probably was involved in the murder of that lawyer(Ronald Hughes?), though, and some of the other unsolved cases connected with the Manson family.

Shannon
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Have any of the other psychos been released? They should all rot in prison.

ralph wiggum
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Didn't she escape once from prison, got caught and sent back?

Fromme was not granted parole until July 2008, Ponce said. She was not released then, however, because of extra time added to her sentence for a 1987 escape from the West Virginia prison, which occurred after her interview that same year. She was found two days later, only a few miles from the prison. At the time, prison officials said they were looking into rumors that Fromme escaped after hearing Manson was ill, according to news reports.

From the above link.

PoliCon
08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Have any of the other psychos been released? They should all rot in prison.

Bullshit. They should all have been put to death. :mad:

PoliCon
08-06-2009, 02:14 PM
From the above link.

Fromme escaped after hearing Manson was ill, according to news reports. At least if they let her out she'll head to cali to be with charlie.

Shannon
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM

They should have been. That ship has sailed though.

ralph wiggum
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM

IIRC, Manson received the death penalty, but then California subsequently stopped using it.

Shannon
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
IIRC, Manson received the death penalty, but then California subsequently stopped using it.

You recall correctly.

lacarnut
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
They should have been. That ship has sailed though.

If the state of CA would execute criminals like LA and TX, there would not be an overcrowding problem in their jails. The Obummer wants euthanasia for the old farts so let's start executing the bad guys. What the hell is up with that.

FlaGator
08-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Did they oil her while she was in prison?

Bubba Dawg
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Bada BING....:D

Lars1701a
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM

oh God that was bad :(

You should be ashamed. ;):D

NJCardFan
08-07-2009, 01:13 AM
None of these people should see the light of day. Manson should have never seen 5 minutes outside of the courthouse. This guy still has followers. I can think of no more heinous a crime than what these people did. Sure there have been worse crimes but these idiots murdered people basically for the thrill of it and to incide race riots(how this was supposed to be accomplished is beyond me).

noonwitch
08-10-2009, 11:44 AM
None of these people should see the light of day. Manson should have never seen 5 minutes outside of the courthouse. This guy still has followers. I can think of no more heinous a crime than what these people did. Sure there have been worse crimes but these idiots murdered people basically for the thrill of it and to incide race riots(how this was supposed to be accomplished is beyond me).

Yeah, but Squeaky didn't successfully kill anyone, and she was only charged in the attempt on President Ford's life, not all the other crimes that the Manson family committed. I believe that Sandra Goode is still loyal to Charlie, and I suspect that Squeaky will join up with her shortly after she is released. I would think that attempting to kill a president should be enough to keep her locked up for the rest of her life, but I guess it isn't.

There were other killings committed by Manson's people after Charlie was already in jail and on trial for the Tate-Labianca killings. I'll bet she was involved in some of them.

I saw one of his former followers, Catherine Share, on Dr. Stone's show. She was very honest about her involvement, and had some good insight into how she and others were drawn into it all. They also had one of the girls who was very young at the time (under 18), and who testified against the family. She was messed up for life-it's the girl they tried to poison in Hawaii with LSD>

Jfor
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM

I thought that was when the US Supreme Court said the death penalty was unconstitutional and all death penalty cases from that time period are now life in prison.

ralph wiggum
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I thought that was when the US Supreme Court said the death penalty was unconstitutional and all death penalty cases from that time period are now life in prison.

Possibly. I've never looked into it that closely, just made my statement based on what I could recall.

Jfor
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I just seem to remember that from my criminology classes.

PoliCon
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
IRRC - Mason was convicted during the no death penalty time period and as such was not ellible for it when he was tried and convicted.

linda22003
08-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Has anyone noted that yesterday was the fortieth anniversary of the murders at Sharon Tate's home by the Manson family?

noonwitch
08-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Has anyone noted that yesterday was the fortieth anniversary of the murders at Sharon Tate's home by the Manson family?

They mentioned it on the news last night. It's also the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Guess which got the most attention?

Has Susan Atkins died yet? I thought she was trying to get released so she could die in a hospice. I know she didn't get her wish, I just wondered if she was dead yet.

linda22003
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Woodstock didn't start until August 15. They jumped the gun on the anniversary.

FlaGator
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
IRRC - Mason was convicted during the no death penalty time period and as such was not ellible for it when he was tried and convicted.

Actually Mason was originally given the Death Penalty, but when the Ca Supreme Court overturned the Death Penalty all those sentenced to die had their sentences commuted to life. When the Death Penalty was reinstated it barred those who had been under death and commuted to life to be returned to death row. It was consided cruel and unusual punishment to do that.

Convicted and sentenced to death largely on the evidence of Family member Linda Kasabian, Manson saw his death sentence commuted to life in prison following a 1976 California Supreme Court decision declaring the state's death penalty law unconstitutional.

Link (http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansondefendants.html)