PDA

View Full Version : A First Hand View of a Raucous Town Hall Meeting

megimoo
08-07-2009, 12:52 AM
There were no lobbyist-funded buses in the parking lot of Mardela Middle and High School on Tuesday evening, and the hundreds of Eastern Maryland residents who packed the school’s auditorium loudly refuted the notion that their anger over the Democrats’ health care reform plans is “manufactured.”

“I went to school in this school,” a man named Bob told me. “I don't see anyone in this room that isn't from Mardela Springs right now.”

“We’ve been quiet too long,” said a woman named Joan.

They came to yell at their congressman, freshman Democratic Rep. Frank Kratovil, and they were surprised to hear that the “Congress in Your Corner” event to which they had been invited -- by a robocall from Kratovil himself -- was not to be a public airing of grievances, but instead an opportunity for private, one-on-one sessions with the freshman Democrat.

As the crowd grew, and began venting frustration over the fact they would only be meeting with the congressman behind closed doors, Kratovil’s aides suggested he switch to a town hall format.

The aides seemed nervous. Last week, someone hanged Kratovil in effigy outside his district office in Centreville, Maryland.

“I am here because I understand that I do represent you folks, okay?” Kratovil said, after entering the auditorium to applause. “The opinions that you folks have, I need to know. There are legitimate concerns.”

Just then, someone in the audience shouted back, “Our freedom is being taken from us!”
snip

\http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/08/a-first-hand-view-of-a-raucous-town-hall-meeting.html

Comments:
The Democrats, their supporters and organized ''unofficial'' spokespeople are lying colostomy bags. These are REAL people out there and they are NOT amused. (There were a few ignorant folk to quote too.) Kratovil needs to have his head handed to him for the stance he has taken so far and hopefully the message is clear that if he votes for this monstrosity of a takeover bill, he's out. But his vote on Crap and Charade
Reply 1 - Posted by: Photoonist, 8/6/2009 12:32:42 AM (No. 5751518)

... already pronounces him a sellout. Reporter Portnoy had better watch his back for reporting this; 0bama won't be amused.

I hope Obama isn't amused. I hope he's alarmed that with every passing day he's being revealed to be a failed experiment.

Thuggish tactics from an arrogant, out-of-touch, elitist snob and his gang of creeps won't fly with most Americans.

Article is well worth reading. Those folks were unpaid by the insurance industry and bused in by nobody, and Portnoy reports it up front.

Where were the Obots, Soros drones, and other leftists who were told that they must keep "right-wingers" at town-hall meetings from speaking with the press? Somebody's not getting with the program. Rahm will be spitting angry over this.