PDA

View Full Version : GOP Congressman Booed for Telling People to Turn Off Glenn Beck

megimoo
08-09-2009, 12:27 PM
The media would like folks to believe that only Democrats are hearing it from constituents at town hall meetings this August, but given what happened to Rep. Bob Inglis (R-SC) Thursday evening, nothing could be further from the truth.

As he spoke to a group of 350 citizens at the Upstate Family Resource Center in Boiling Springs, he asked an outspoken attendee why she was afraid of Barack Obama.

Someone in the crowd suggested the Congressman watch Glenn Beck. Inglis replied, "Turn that television off when he comes on."

This was not well-received by folks who started loudly booing their Representative as many stood up and left the building.

Inglis tried to stop the bleeding by saying the following (video embedded below the fold):

Anybody But Bob!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fGZATm4HkE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbusters.org%2Fblogs%2Fnoel-sheppard%2F2009%2F08%2F08%2Fgop-congressman-booed-telling-people-turn-glenn-beck&feature=player_embedded

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/08/08/gop-congressman-booed-telling-people-turn-glenn-beck

Rockntractor
08-09-2009, 12:33 PM
What a moroon!

BadCat
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
WTF is wrong with South Carolina?

This guy, and Lindsey "I Love Sonia" Graham.

Rockntractor
08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
WTF is wrong with South Carolina?

This guy, and Lindsey "I Love Sonia" Graham.

When republicans lose power many of them think it is because they are not liberal enough. It never dawns on them it is because they are not conservative enough and their base doesn't show up to support them!

PALEOCON
08-09-2009, 12:53 PM
If the locals want to get rid of this guy it is going to take a LOT more than showing up at a town meeting- Figure at least $1M and dedicated Volunteers 1K and the need to start now. That is just to get through the Primary where he will have 110% support of the RNC. Figure triple that for the General with the RNC actively sabotaging the grassroots rogue.

Not saying it can't be done- it can be. First step is to find a Constitutionalist candidate whose personal/public history consistently reflects said values. People who get into political office tend to vote their long held values far more than the promises they made to get votes.

Grouchy
08-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't know who I despise more, Liberal Democrats or these spineless
RINO's.

When will they learn that sucking up to the Democrat's doesn't work?

I guess they hope that by being this way, they'll get hung LAST.

NJCardFan
08-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't know who I despise more, Liberal Democrats or these spineless
RINO's.

When will they learn that sucking up to the Democrat's doesn't work?

I guess they hope that by being this way, they'll get hung LAST.
I was just going to say that this guy is a spaghetti spined RINO. I loved the woman with her pocket Constitution. I carry one with me everywhere I go and I have the same one she has and you can get one too. Just go to the Heritage Foundation's web site and you can get a free pocket Constitution.

HowardRoark
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Officials are actually feeling pressure from their constituents. Can't really remember that ever happening.

lacarnut
08-09-2009, 07:15 PM
After a year or two in DC, these politicians begin to think that they are infallible, and that we the people are stupid and that they know best. People are beginning to wise up. I just hope everyone of these suckers that go against the people's wishes on bailouts, health care, cap and trade and taxes get thrown out of office. That includes Repub. congressmen like Bob, the dingbat. Whether the politicians realize it or not, health care will/has stirred up more outrage than any other issue.