PDA

View Full Version : Questioning our Patriotism - Return of HUAC?

megimoo
08-10-2009, 06:44 AM
For the last 8 years George Bush was called every hateful name that could be dreamed up from chimperor to Bush-Hitler. The left held huge rallies, they got loud, they broke windows, they shut down debates and they always scolded those who questioned their patriotism in kissing up to the worst kinds of terrorist and dictator scum.

In St. Louis a conservative handing out small flags was beaten to the ground and kicked in the head by 4 paid union thugs. He was hospitalized while HHS Sec Sebellius thanked the SEIU for their good work in a teleconference and said "keep it up".
Meanwhile the left blamed the dissidents for the violence that the left was doing, the SEIU claimed to be a 'victim'.During the last 8 years we were told that dissent is patriotic, indeed the very highest level of patriotism. Today we are tolds that dissent is un-American.

The left howled and raged when terrorists were spied on. Today the ACLU sees nothing at all the matter with a White House asking people to turn in their neighbor for his thoughtcrime of opposing government-run healthcare. Where does this hypocrisy stop?

Why does a government declare its own people to be their enemies? Why does a White House claim a video of a Barack Obama speech is now "disinformation"?
snip
Amazingly after 8 years of being told not to question their patriotism, they now question ours. In Mondays 'USA Today' no less, I bet there is no alternative opinion since that would be un-american.

Just look at the real history of the world and ask yourself, what happens to a country when its government declares its people to be the enemy?I guess Nancy "Nazi" Pelosi and Harry Reid will soon be holding hearings on these "un-american activities".

They probably have the stationary already printed up: The House Unamerican Activities Committees.After everything we have seen the government do in the past 6 months, why would you doubt it?
.............................."House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC)."
http://tyrannysentinel.blogspot.com/2009/08/return-of-huac.html

Comments:
Good post, well said.
Itís obvious the Democrats are trying with everything they have to provoke a rebellion.
And that will be their own undoing......

megimoo
08-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Pelosi and Hoyer Op-Ed Calls Anti-Obamacare Protesters UN-AMERICAN

One of the prime examples of what makes America more free than any other nation in the history of the world, is protest. Its not just that protest was allowed by our government, but it was encouraged, right from the beginning up until, this past inauguration day.

With our present government in power, those who protest are thought as somehow un-American, when they are in fact one of the most American things you can do. Take a look at this op-ed in today's USA Today, written by the two leaders of the House of Representatives, and how they try to tell the country that Protest is Un-American:

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2009/08/pelosi-and-hoyer-op-ed-calls-anti.html

"Here A Few Quotes of Some Interest on the subject "
"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong,but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then."
Thomas Jefferson letter to Abigail Adams, February 22, 1787
"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, we may never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. Dwight D. Eisenhower Speech, Columbia University, 1954
"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men." Abraham Lincoln
Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
Harry S Truman message to Congress, August 8, 1950
"Un-American' attacks can't derail health care debate
Nancy Pelosi and Steney Hoyer, USA Today, August 10, 2009

megimoo
08-10-2009, 07:06 AM
C-SPAN Caller Blasts Media's Coverage of Town Hall Protests - GREAT CALL - DON'T MISS THAT ONE!
This Is Priceless - Leah From New Hampshire For President
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnd_GqnV3c&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbusters.org%2Fblogs%2Fnoel-sheppard%2F2009%2F08%2F09%2Fc-span-caller-blasts-medias-depiction-town-hall-protesters&feature=player_embedded
transcript :
LEAH IN MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE: Hi, yeah, I just wanted to clarify a few things about these "manufactured, angered crowds." I've never been politically active in my life. I've never done anything like go to a protest ever. I started going to protests, these Tea Parties back on the Fourth of July, and the reason that you're seeing the numbers grow and swell and become bigger and bigger is not only because of the healthcare legislation, but like you said earlier, all these massive bills, thousands of pages long that are passed with almost no debate, no time for us to see what's in it, in direct controvertion (sp) of what was promised about transparency and a near era and we're going to know what we're doing in advance. I see, I see politicians admit on TV that they can't read it, that they can't understand it because of its complexity. Lawyers who are writing these bills say they need lawyers to tell them what's in the bill.
Now, when I watch the news people stand here and tell me that I am a member of a hired mob, that I've been called up by the Republican Party, they only wish they could have done something like this. I've never been contacted by any organized group. This is an organic movement, and when people stand there, and lie to me about what I know is going on, how can I trust them when they tell me it's going to save money when the Congressional Budget Office says it isn't? That it's going to cover everybody when the Congressional Budget Office says it isn't? That it's going to let me keep my, my healthcare when common sense tells you that's not what's going to be the end result of this when the government ends up providing all the healthcare which the man who wrote the bill in the beginning says. Go watch it, Jacob Hacker who wrote this says that in time, and President Obama said it, we will all be swallowed up in this government plan.

When people lie to us, we don't trust them when they give us platitudes about what's in the bill.

ROB HARRELL, C-SPAN "WASHINGTON JOURNAL" HOST: Leah, are you planning to, are there any town halls planned in your area, in your neck of the woods?
LEAH: No, my, my Congressmen are afraid. Now they won't even come out and meet us face-to-face. They want to do some phony telephone thing so that we can't judge their facial expressions. We can't say with a follow-up question, "I'm sorry, that didn't answer my question. Could you please?" You know, yes people are getting angry. That doesn't mean it's fake. That means it's real. And by the way, about the caller who says it's all racial, the only person I've seen that's been attacked, physically attacked, is a black man who was attacked by SEIU, and he says they were black. So, I'm getting tired of the race card. I'm getting tired of the lies. I'm getting tired of the media not telling us what's in these bills but giving us a bunch of "Republicans says this, Democrats say that." I don't care.
Brava, Leah! Brava!!!

Exit question: Is Leah the next Joe the Plumber?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/08/09/c-span-caller-blasts-medias-depiction-town-hall-protesters

stsinner
08-10-2009, 08:33 AM
That was a great call-better listened to than read!! Go on her!! She spoke very intelligently and clearly, except for using the non-word, "Controversion." I think she laid the case out perfectly, and saying that she's tired of the race card was perfect!