PDA

View Full Version : PETA Unhappy Meals Targeting Kids

PoliCon
08-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Kids hoping to grab a Happy Meal from McDonald's might end up with PETA's Unhappy Meal instead.

The animal rights organization lifted its moratorium on the McCruelty Campaign this year and since June has distributed Chicken McCruelty Unhappy Meals to McDonald's customers outside about a dozen restaurants around the country.

"McDonald's markets its food to children by packaging it in brightly colored boxes with toys," Lindsay Rajt, a spokeswoman for PETA, tells Slashfood. "But most kids really love animals, and if they knew that McDonald's suppliers were breaking the wings and legs of gentle animals like chickens, I think that you'd have to drag kids into McDonald's kicking and screaming."CONTINUED (http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids?icid=mainmaindl3link4http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids)

These people make me sick.

Rockntractor
08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
CONTINUED (http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids?icid=mainmaindl3link4http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids)

I helped butcher chickens when I was a kindergartener!

Shannon
08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I would just love for one of these idiots to approach me.

PoliCon
08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I helped butcher chickens when I was a kindergartener!

and anyone who has actually dealt with chickens knows they are not gentle at all.

Rockntractor
08-10-2009, 10:17 PM

And I'd love to be standing there with a camera when they did!

PoliCon
08-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Me? If they got within 10 paces of any kid I know and care about I'd pound them into putty. :mad:

Rockntractor
08-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Me? If they got within 10 paces of any kid I know and care about I'd pound them into putty. :mad:

So you would put some putty down and then proceed to pounding them into it? That would take a lot of putty!

Apache
08-10-2009, 10:55 PM
So you would put some putty down and then proceed to pounding them into it? That would take a lot of putty!..or a LOT of yer post nasal drip....

*runs very fast away*

:D

(yer avatar)

Rockntractor
08-10-2009, 10:59 PM
..or a LOT of yer post nasal drip....

*runs very fast away*

(yer avatar)

Can't help it! I was breathing dust all day but I won't be tomarrow because it is raining cats and dogs!

Shannon
08-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Can't help it! I was breathing dust all day but I won't be tomarrow because it is raining cats and dogs!

Change it to a different pig. It's disgusting.

Apache
08-10-2009, 11:26 PM
THx...*shivers* the heroin pig is SO MUCH better

:eek:

Apache
08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Change it to a different pig. It's disgusting.Wasn't it Gert that did the CLOWNS????:confused::confused:

Gingersnap
08-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Does anybody belong to PETA to aside from fat college student vegans and a couple of hot, near-naked chicks? Is that their demographic? :confused:

Jfor
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
We had one of those PETA folks down here in Birmingham a few years back. She was painted up like a tiger and was in a cage. Me and some guys from left for an early lunch to go and see a nekkid chick in public but we were sorely disappointed. We weren't very hungry after seeing her nekkidness.

AmPat
08-11-2009, 03:04 PM
PETA-According to Homer Simpson means- People Eating Tasty Animals.:o

Rockntractor
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Wasn't it Gert that did the CLOWNS????:confused::confused:

Clowns are creepy!

Teetop
08-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Does anybody belong to PETA to aside from fat college student vegans and a couple of hot, near-naked chicks? Is that their demographic? :confused:

It's really funny. For all the beef industry around here, I have never heard of PETA showing up...

Probably because they would be shot, on sight, by some rancher or feed yard owner.:D

PoliCon
08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
We had one of those PETA folks down here in Birmingham a few years back. She was painted up like a tiger and was in a cage. Me and some guys from left for an early lunch to go and see a nekkid chick in public but we were sorely disappointed. We weren't very hungry after seeing her nekkidness.

Did you throw things at her?

MrsSmith
08-11-2009, 10:15 PM

They must have some extremely wealthy members...they've spent decades pushing ridiculous laws to try to force all kinds of animal breeders out of business.

I don't think my kids would be too disturbed by anything from PETA. I've already explained the theories behind their lunacy...like the life of a pig is exactly equivalent to the life of a human child, so pigs should be allowed to eat humans when they so choose.

Oh, and their other big exception...that the lives of all animals are worthy of saving, but not the lives of unborn humans.

AmPat
08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Wasn't it Gert that did the CLOWNS????:confused::confused:

I believe it was Gern. :confused:

SarasotaRepub
08-13-2009, 02:19 PM
I believe it was Gern. :confused:

Correct! I wonder what Gern is up to lately? No doubt making tons
of cashola and counting his pennies...:D

FlaGator
08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Clowns are creepy!

Now you're trying to suck up to Ginger.

Lanie
08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
CONTINUED (http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids?icid=mainmaindl3link4http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids)

I'd like to just have a PETA meal.

Lanie
08-13-2009, 04:22 PM

I heard Simon Cowel does and that Pamula Anderson does work for them.

Lanie
08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Correct! I wonder what Gern is up to lately? No doubt making tons
of cashola and counting his pennies...:D

I miss that hottie.

Gingersnap
08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I heard Simon Cowel does and that Pamula Anderson does work for them.

So, the fat, vegan frat boi and near-naked, hot chick stereotypes are really true! :p

Rockntractor
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Now you're trying to suck up to Ginger.

She doesn't like clowns?