PDA

View Full Version : AARP Facing a Backlash for their Involvement in ObamaCare

megimoo
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
AARP Facing a Backlash for their Involvement in ObamaCare - Video 8/10/09

Here is video of an AARP Spokesman being interviewed by Bill O'Reilly about the backlash they are facing for their support of the Democrats' Government Health Care Plan.

The spokesman claims AARP has not endorsed any legislation, but they do support "Health Care Reform."SPIN,SPIN,SPIN AWAY !"

Throughout the interview, the AARP spokesman was evasive about the connection between AARP and Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats.. (Watch Video)

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/08/aarp-facing-backlash-for-involvement-in.html

lacarnut
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I saw it and this turkey is a lying sack of shit. AARP was hell bent for Hillary care. This rotten organization does not have the best interest of Seniors at heart. They are in the back pocket of the Democrats, and they are interested in getting their share of the insurance pie under Obamma care. Like most of the crummy high priced insurance they sell to unsuspecting seniors, their mutual load funds are some of the worst performing on the market. Being a profiteering billion dollar non profit company is a joke.

Texas Terrier
08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I saw it and this turkey is a lying sack of shit. AARP was hell bent for Hillary care. This rotten organization does not have the best interest of Seniors at heart. They are in the back pocket of the Democrats, and they are interested in getting their share of the insurance pie under Obamma care. Like most of the crummy high priced insurance they sell to unsuspecting seniors, their mutual load funds are some of the worst performing on the market. Being a profiteering billion dollar non profit company is a joke.

I know my father dropped AARP when they supported Al Gore for President. He never really liked them to begin with and this was the final straw.

Gingersnap
08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Seniors are fooling themselves if they think that AARP saves them so much on insurance premiums that it justifies supporting a left-of-center old folks union.

Seniors have a number of other third party insurance brokers to chose from who cater to the "mature" crowd. Politically, seniors are better served joining and supporting causes that appeal to common sense instead of particular age groups.

If seniors simply must join an old folks union, they at least need to check out the numerous AARP-clones that span the entire political spectrum.

PoliCon
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
The main reason why people support the AARP is for the discounts.