PDA

View Full Version : What Does A Community Organizer Actually Do ?

megimoo
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
What does a "community organizer" do? Good question.

"How did this 'radical' actually get to be President of the United States ?"

Ever since former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani mocked Senator Barack Obama at the Republican convention in September 2008, for the senator's community organizing past, and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said that her previous experience as mayor was "sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities," [Obama's] supporters have been furiously spinning this one.

They've suggested a fanciful interpretation of "community organizer" that includes organizing church picnics and bake sales.

Some have even had the cheek to suggest that Jesus Christ was a community organizer.
.................................................. ..........
"In that spirit, we suggest a better historical precedent:

Vladimir Lenin:A Community organizing is leftist, anti-capitalist agitation. It's about making people angry so they push for change, and the kind of change they seek is rarely good. Community organizers are essentially professional political activists who believe that something is terribly wrong with America and that they are the ones we've been waiting for to fix it."
Dr. Thomas Sowell, the eminent Stanford University sociologist, offers this assessment of what community organizers do:

"For 'community organizers' ... racial resentments are a stock in trade.... What does a community organizer do? What he does not do is organize a community. What he organizes are the resentments and paranoia within a community, directing those feelings against other communities, from whom
either benefits or revenge are to be gotten, using whatever rhetoric or tactics will accomplish that purpose."
.................................................. ..
Obama applied for work as a community organizer with groups across the United States while working as a writer and financial analyst for Business International Corporation.One small group of 20-odd churches in Chicago offered Obama a job helping residents of poor, predominantly black, Far South Side neighborhoods.

Accepting that opportunity, Obama moved to Chicago and in June 1985 became Director of the Developing Communities Project, where he worked for the next three years on initiatives that ranged from job training to school reform to hazardous waste cleanup.

David Freddoso, author of the 2008 book
The Case Against Barack Obama, summarizes Obama's
community-organizing efforts as follows:

"He pursued manifestly worthy goals; protecting people from asbestos in government housing projects is obviously a good thing and a responsibility of the government that built them. But [in every case except one] the proposed solution to every problem on the South Side was a distribution of government funds ..."

Trained in the Saul Alinsky Method:

Three of Obama's mentors in Chicago were trained at the Saul Alinsky-founded Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in the Windy City. (The Developing Communities Project itself was an affiliate of the Gamaliel Foundation, whose modus operandi for the creation of "a more just and democratic society" is rooted firmly in the Alinsky method.)

Alinsky was known for having helped to establish the aggressive political tactics that characterized the 1960s, and which have remained central to all subsequent revolutionary movements in the United States.

In the Alinsky model, "organizing" is a euphemism for "revolution"
-- a wholesale revolution whose ultimate objective is the systematic acquisition of power by a purportedly oppressed segment of the population, and the radical transformation of America's social and economic structure.

The goal is to foment enough public discontent, moral confusion, and outright chaos to spark the social upheaval that Marx, Engels, and Lenin predicted -- a revolution whose foot soldiers view the status quo as fatally flawed and wholly unworthy of salvation. Thus, the theory goes, the people will settle for nothing less than that status quo's complete collapse -- to be followed by the erection of an entirely new system upon its ruins.

Toward that end, they will be apt to follow the lead of charismatic radical organizers who project an aura of confidence and vision, and who profess to clearly understand what types of societal "change" is needed.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=1511

megimoo
08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Man Says Person Carrying "Obama as Hitler" Sign at Dingell Event Part of "Dingell Operation" -Video

"Them Libbers are Pretty Slick Operators !"

Here is video of a man telling Neil Cavuto yesterday that a person at Democrat John Dingell's recent Town Hall Meeting in Michigan seen carrying an "Obama as Hitler" sign was also seen after the event outside handing out Dingell literature. The man said, "it appears he was part of the Dingell operation to start with." It has become a fashionable Democrat talking point this week to say the anti-ObamaCare protesters showing up at events are carrying "Swastikas" or that they are "Nazis." . . . . . (Watch Video
obama sign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8uQJt-Ewfc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freedomslighthouse.com%2F200 9%2F08%2Fman-tells-neil-cavuto-person-carrying.html&feature=player_embedded
http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/08/man-tells-neil-cavuto-person-carrying.html
http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/08/man-tells-neil-cavuto-person-carrying.html

Bubba Dawg
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey Megs. Interesting.

Why is your font so small?

patriot45
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey Megs. Interesting.

Why is your font so small?

I thought it was just me! I can't read it even with my glasses!

BadCat
08-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I thought it was just me! I can't read it even with my glasses!

It must be "opposite week" where Megi lives.

djones520
08-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I prefer it. The large font always annoyed me.

megimoo
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Megs. Interesting.

Why is your font so small?Sorry .I Just fixed it !

Bubba Dawg
08-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry .I Just fixed it !

Thanks. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. :D

megimoo
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
It must be "opposite week" where Megi lives.

I've increased my screen magnification so I am able to read some of these microscopic fonts so now everything else looks huge to me .I'll have to readjust and try for some middle point !

Between you and DJ it's impossible to please everyone !

djones520
08-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Slammed by megi just after defending him. That's sad.

megimoo
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Slammed by megi just after defending him. That's sad.I didn't 'slam 'You and If I hurt your feelings I'm sorry !