PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried that I will see my father shouting at his rep at a town hall meeting

Carol
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6294525)

Beaverhausen (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:33 PM
Original message
I'm worried that I will see my father shouting at his rep at a town hall meeting
My Fox-loving, O'Reilly-worshipping parents think Obama is a "dictator" - or so my sister told me yesterday.

I live on the opposite coast from them and we know better than to talk politics.

But I'm really worried that one day he will be there on the TV yelling something stupid.

Anyone else have this worry?

Beaverhausen (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:38 PM
Response to Original message
9. He was watching Fox, so of course Bush could do no wrong
I happened to be visiting in 2004 when the Cheney/Edwards debate happened. We had a screaming match when it was over. Uggh

tridim (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:36 PM
5. I worry about it every day.
My fundy cousin is trying to recruit my parents for teabagging events and apparently they've been considering it. They don't listen to a word I say, because apparently my reality based information isn't what they want to hear.

Beaverhausen (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:51 PM
Response to Reply #12
20. Even worse, I am planning my (small) wedding - I have to warn the other guests not to talk politics
My parents are in their early 80s and while I wish I could, I know I can't change them.

Jennicut (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:43 PM
15. My conservative Dad already showed me his nutty email to our rep in CT Chris Murphy
Edited on Thu Aug-13-09 12:50 PM by Jennicut
I will be sending a positive one to Murphy to make up for it. I told him he cannot control himself at a town hall and he would embarrass me and his granddaughters so he said he would not go to one.

CountAllVotes (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:44 PM
16. your Fox loving father
is a racist.

This is what it is all about - hatred and racism!

supportobama (1 posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:39 PM
10. Same with my dad
My dad, a self-professed tea party enthusiast, believes everything on the Internet must be true. He has some weird hatred of Pelosi and I suspect he's a bit of a closet racist.

He inspired me to create an I SUPPORT HEALTH CARE REFORM T-shirt.

http://www.printfection.com/supporthealthcarereform

Please, someone give me a clue on how to promote it. We need to be VISIBLE supporters to encourage real dialogue.
Don't agree with Obama=racist. Nothing new here.

patriot45
08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
They're going to fall all over themselves to see who has the worst relatives that are rethugs and racists!
Ah to be enlightened like a DUmmy!

Not only are its parents a bit old to be yelling at town halls but the freak is going to have a (small) wedding!
Probably at a drive thru!

Beaverhausen (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:51 PM
Response to Reply #12
20. Even worse, I am planning my (small) wedding - I have to warn the other guests not to talk politics
My parents are in their early 80s and while I wish I could, I know I can't change them.

Zathras
08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
tridim (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:36 PM
5. I worry about it every day.
My fundy cousin is trying to recruit my parents for teabagging events and apparently they've been considering it. They don't listen to a word I say, because apparently my reality based information isn't what they want to hear.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/6/128940827356253859.jpg

aerojarod
08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
And I love how the poster flippantly dismisses her parent's 80 years of wisdom and experience and calls them uninformed... llet alone closet racists!

At heart, even grown-up Liberals are 16 year olds that think they know everything and what's best for everyone.

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THE CAR KEYS!

BSR
08-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Jennicut (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-13-09 12:43 PM
15. My conservative Dad already showed me his nutty email to our rep in CT Chris Murphy
Edited on Thu Aug-13-09 12:50 PM by Jennicut
I will be sending a positive one to Murphy to make up for it. I told him he cannot control himself at a town hall and he would embarrass me and his granddaughters so he said he would not go to one.

Way to manipulate your father. God forbid he has his own thoughts and ideas. :rolleyes:

Dan D. Doty
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Wonder how many times the Duers had family that try to talk them out of going to some protest, but they refused to listen.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and Moonbats are worried they might see a family member on TV standing up for their beliefs.

What a bunch hypocrits :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: