PDA

View Full Version : Greta w/ Sheila Jackson-Lee

PoliCon
08-14-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnsIIVhDY1s

Texas Terrier
08-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Last time I checked Sheila, the people didn't elect you to represent yourself.

blueyonder
08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Shelia made me realize why have townhall meeting as she (and I assume all other democrats) really do not want to listen to the other side, they just want to appease and try to make people see it their way because they are hellbent on doing it No Matter What.

samurai
08-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Shelia made me realize why have townhall meeting as she (and I assume all other democrats) really do not want to listen to the other side, they just want to appease and try to make people see it their way because they are hellbent on doing it No Matter What.

Exactly. She wasn't really listening to the question, she was on the phone preparing her talking points for when her constituent's lips stopped moving. She didn't address her point that govt takeover is a form of tyranny.

Elspeth
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Regardless, that clip of Lee on the cell phone while a cancer survivor tries to make an impassioned plea will definitely help Lee's opponent in the next election. Lee looks completely insensitive.

Molon Labe
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
We've helped breed this type of politican. By not demanding an actual answer to a question, this is what they give us. I can't count the number of response letters to constituents questions I've read that go on for two pages telling me how complicated the issue is, or what they are doing to work on the issue, but never answer the question asked. Sheila Jackson Lee is just one of 535 that need to go...Republican or Demcorat.

PoliCon
08-14-2009, 12:24 PM

yup

Molon Labe
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Here's the interview with Tracy Miller. Very nice and very accomodating to me. Didn't deserve her treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FTiGI9I1DI

NJCardFan
08-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Just think for a minute. A black woman is asking a question of Ron Paul and he takes a phone call. The cries of racism would be shouted from the mountaintops.

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Just think for a minute. A black woman is asking a question of Ron Paul and he takes a phone call. The cries of racism would be shouted from the mountaintops.

That wouldn't make it racist - or this racist either. Honestly - the woman is just uncouth.