PDA

View Full Version : Footloose Friday

linda22003
08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Sunny and warm in Washington - quite a news flash for August, eh?

TOTD: Yesterday I booked our apartment in Paris for Valentine's week. Where are you going on your next big trip? Got any exotic locations in the offing? Next year will be a big one for us - Paris in February, and a cruise through the Greek Islands in September.

Shannon
08-14-2009, 08:44 AM
It's hot today. I'm fat today. Nothing changes.

TOTD: I'm not going anywhere for awhile. I'm trying to be responsible with my money now. We have a five year plan and it does not involve travel. I'm jealous of you though. I would love to go to Greece.

linda22003
08-14-2009, 08:56 AM
We had so many years without travel, (illnesses and deaths of parents) that we are making up for that time now. Your time will come!

Crystal Wizard
08-14-2009, 09:22 AM
A bit hazy and cool here in New England. Looking forward to tomorrow as it's the first day of the Premiereship!!!

TOTD: Going to Paris for Labor Day week. We plan to drive out to the Loire Valley as my girlfriend has not seen Chambourg or Chenonceaux.

Next year will be a big one for us - Paris in February, and a cruise through the Greek Islands in September.

My ex-wife and I did a Greek Island cruise in the late '80s. We went to Mykonos, Santorini, Patmos, and Crete. The Minoan ruins in Crete are a must-see. We also spent some time on the mainland, including Athens, Delphi, and Mycenae, where the Lion's Gate is also worth the trip.

Rebel Yell
08-14-2009, 09:28 AM
TOTD: Going to Paris for Labor Day week. We plan to drive out to the Loire Valley as my girlfriend has not seen Chambourg or Chenonceaux.

I'm travelling all the way to the couch Labor Day night. Miami @ FSU. Seems like forever since football season ended.

linda22003
08-14-2009, 09:30 AM
My ex-wife and I did a Greek Island cruise in the late '80s. We went to Mykonos, Santorini, Patmos, and Crete. The Minoan ruins in Crete are a must-see. We also spent some time on the mainland, including Athens, Delphi, and Mycenae, where the Lion's Gate is also worth the trip.

We're doing Athens to Istanbul, and will spend a few extra days in each city. The cruise stops are Delos, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, and Kusadasi (Ephesus).

Crystal Wizard
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
We're doing Athens to Istanbul, and will spend a few extra days in each city. The cruise stops are Delos, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, and Kusadasi (Ephesus).

Avoid taking the mules in Santorini. I forgot about Rhodes! Beautiful place with lots of stone fortifications lined with...

http://silenceoftheclams.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/rhode.jpg

linda22003
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM
No worries, I've heard about the mules in Santorini. ;) I hope you didn't learn by experience.

Zathras
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Nice and warm here, in the 80's...perfect weather as far as I'm concerned.

TOTD: Probably camping over the Labor Day weekend...not sure where though. I don't make the plans, I just get drug along for the fun. :)

lacarnut
08-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Hot and muggy here

TOTD: Rented a beach condo for the month of Sept. at Orange Beach AL. Something I have always wanted to do but my parents health prevented me. Also considering a trip to Panama in the near future to purchase a second home. I want to have a place to go if the economy goes in the toilet and Obamacare is passed. Have narrowed it down to 3 locations, Bala Beach, Pedasi and Boquete. Will take a real estate tour of the country; if I decide to buy and live part/full time, I will qualify as a pensionado retiree.

BadCat
08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm taking an Advanced Tactical Rifle class outside of Las Vegas.

PoliCon
08-14-2009, 01:56 PM
TOTD - We're considering taking another mission trip to Kenya next summer. There is something life changing about working with people who appriciate what little they have and every little thing you do for them. It's either that or the Mrs wants to go on the mission trip to india next year . . . I'm not so sure about that one.

Teetop
08-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Warm, not hot today. High in the upper 80's! :D At the moment, I'm watching a huge thunderstorm build to our southwest. Looks like we will get rain, among other things. :eek:

TOTD; Being single, I really don't have much of a desire to go anywhere. Maybe camping in the New Mexico mountain range.

I will try to enter more satellite hold 'em tournaments this coming year and hopefully make my way to the World Series of Poker next june.

I have a friend who just moved to San Antonio, I might take a trip there next spring.

aerojarod
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Looks like it's going to be a weekend full of great weather here in the Nutmeg state.
Planning on taking off Monday to go to the beach with the GF as it is also her birthday.

TOTD: Nowhere far anytime soon. I'm a few weeks out from closing on my first home, so yo tengo piqueno dinero ahora. Will probably start saving up for a house rental on Block Island, RI for next year's Fourth of July week/end.

Rockntractor
08-14-2009, 05:55 PM
We have ten acres next to a small lake in southeast Oklahoma close to Talehena. We are heading down sunday to fish and kayak. I've only made it down once this year so it is time to go down and check on things!

Bubba Dawg
08-14-2009, 08:53 PM
We're going to Edisto in about a week.

It's hot and dry here.