PDA

View Full Version : Email volume to White House tests servers

stsinner
08-14-2009, 10:40 AM
...But they don't say from which side-for or against... At least people are getting involved.

"WASHINGTON (AP) - Amid a boisterous debate on health care reform, people flooded members of Congress on Thursday with so many e-mails that they overloaded the House's primary Web site.

Technical support issued a warning to congressional staff that the site - - may be slow or unresponsive because of the large volume of e-mail being sent to members.http://www.house.gov"

Link (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090813/D9A25N781.html)

linda22003
08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
...But they don't say from which side-for or against... At least people are getting involved.

That's what matters - whatever side(s) people are on, Congress will know that people are paying attention. They can usually count on people NOT to pay attention ... not this time!

Teetop
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
That's what matters - whatever side(s) people are on, Congress will know that people are paying attention. They can usually count on people NOT to pay attention ... not this time!

I really think, they don't give a damn.

stsinner
08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I really think, they don't give a damn.

I'm starting to think the same thing.. We express disdain for a toxic bill,, and they call us an angry mob and accuse of of the same tactics that they employ in every election.

Teetop
08-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm starting to think the same thing.. We express disdain for a toxic bill,, and they call us an angry mob and accuse of of the same tactics that they employ in every election.

After all, we are just pissants. We are too stupid, to know what's good for us.

megimoo
08-14-2009, 07:46 PM
After all, we are just pissants. We are too stupid, to know what's good for us.
Why are these democrat congress critters acting so bold in the face of this uproar.

I know some of the are too stupid to understand the anger this Congress and White House have stirred up .Don't they realize that this could cost some of them their plush jobs ?

If I were a political critter and had a district that was moderately conservative or had a large population of aging voters I would distance myself from this Health Care abortion of a bill damn quick .

In passing I wonder how many emails to the White House snitch site our resident liberal critters have already sent .