PDA

View Full Version : Where are the hurricanes?

JB
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Hurricane season started on June 1 and just one tropical depression so far? We're still only on "A"?

I thought we were supposed to be having 50 majors a year by now.

lacarnut
08-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Hurricane season started on June 1 and just one tropical depression so far? We're still only on "A"?

Shut your mouth. :) We have almost fully recovered from Katrina. Hurricanes stay away.

PoliCon
08-14-2009, 06:35 PM

seems that the projections of the eco-weenies have failed to come true - AGAIN.

SarasotaRepub
08-14-2009, 10:28 PM

There you go again JB...getting Teh Goracle all upset. :mad::D

SarasotaRepub
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
First named storm!!!

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200902.gif

JB
08-15-2009, 03:50 PM
There you go again JB...getting Teh Goracle all upset. :mad::DI'm just concerned about all those storm watchers and weather weenies that have nothing to do now. And all those contractors and gas companies that gouge people over the hype. How are they going to afford new Benz's?

I remember you put a backup generator in your Fla home. Wouldn't you be pissed about now knowing that you couldn't give it a workout? :D

And of course, all the eco-weenies who might be scratching their heads and thinking "oops". And where I live I think June and July temps were the coldest they've been for some time now. Too bad I don't see the wheels coming off the climate change/global warming/we're all doomed band wagon.

SarasotaRepub
08-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Now we also have Bill. Stuff starting to pop!

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200903.gif

lacarnut
08-15-2009, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=SarasotaRepub;174598]Now we also have Bill. Stuff starting to pop!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, cut it out with that storm business. I am going to Orange Beach, AL in 2 weeks for the month of Sept.
However, there is something spectacular about being in a high rise condo during a lightning thunderstorm and winds around 50 mph.

SarasotaRepub
08-15-2009, 07:24 PM
[quote=SarasotaRepub;174598]Now we also have Bill. Stuff starting to pop!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, cut it out with that storm business. I am going to Orange Beach, AL in 2 weeks for the month of Sept.
However, there is something spectacular about being in a high rise condo during a lightning thunderstorm and winds around 50 mph.

WOOT! Have a good time and don't get hit by lightning. :D

What floor you on?

Shannon
08-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Shut up! I'm probably going to get hit by ten of them now.:mad:

lacarnut
08-15-2009, 08:33 PM
[quote=lacarnut;174607]

WOOT! Have a good time and don't get hit by lightning. :D

What floor you on?

Condo is on the 4th Floor. In case of fire, I certainly do not want to be on the top floors.

PoliCon
08-16-2009, 12:05 AM
when does hurricane season start again?

Shannon
08-16-2009, 12:13 AM

You mean the weather forecasters in your area don't start scaring you about it in January?

lacarnut
08-16-2009, 01:41 AM

June 1 to Nov. 30. Predictions are that this will be a slow hurricane season. We usually have already had a tropical storm hit us by the middle of Aug.

SarasotaRepub
08-16-2009, 10:05 AM
June 1 to Nov. 30. Predictions are that this will be a slow hurricane season. We usually have already had a tropical storm hit us by the middle of Aug.

Ask and you shall receive...

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200904.gif

:D

PoliCon
08-16-2009, 02:06 PM
You mean the weather forecasters in your area don't start scaring you about it in January?

Sweetie - I don't have TV and haven't had it since November - AND I live well inland. :p

Lars1701a
08-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Shut up! I'm probably going to get hit by ten of them now.:mad:

You have done enough in your lifetime to get hit by 100 bolts.

JB
08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
when does hurricane season start again?Someone didn't read the very first line of the OP.

PoliCon
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Someone didn't read the very first line of the OP.

I did. But I forgot. :p Bite me.

AHeneen
08-25-2009, 10:41 PM
This might be a little late to chime in, but remember Hurricane Andrew? It formed on August 16 and made landfall on the 24th! Don't blow off the hurricane season just yet. (I'm not supporting the eco-wackos, just making a valid point.)

Shannon
08-25-2009, 10:44 PM
This might be a little late to chime in, but remember Hurricane Andrew? It formed on August 16 and made landfall on the 24th! Don't blow off the hurricane season just yet. (I'm not supporting the eco-wackos, just making a valid point.)

Charley was August 13th, IIRC and all his buddies quickly followed. I don't ever feel in the clear until December since then.

djones520
08-25-2009, 10:44 PM
There is an area in the Atlantic that's forming up right now. Their already sending out recon aircraft to check it out.

At first glance though we here don't think it'll make landfall on the US. Don't hold me to that just yet though, still pretty far out to tell.

Shannon
08-25-2009, 10:46 PM
There is an area in the Atlantic that's forming up right now. Their already sending out recon aircraft to check it out.

At first glance though we here don't think it'll make landfall on the US. Don't hold me to that just yet though, still pretty far out to tell.

Shhhhhh!:mad:

djones520
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Hmmm... with the data they got from the aircraft, they aren't gonna call it a storm just yet, but the NHC is saying it's got the potential to form into a Tropical Storm at any moment. No other tropical cyclones are expected to be capable of forming over the next 48 hours.