PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Creations

Bubba Dawg
07-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Cool overnight. It will probably be in the seventies for the high today. Nice day here at the Alamo.

I'm waiting for the start of Stage 8 of the Tour de France. They caught a guy doping (cheating) in the Tour yesterday. Good for them. I hope they catch the all and ban them from the sport.

Right now a fishing show is on Versus. A guy just caught a really big fish, and then let it go. I don't get it?

We're going for a hike today up in the Smokies. I love the weekend.

TOTD: Creativity. What is your creative outlet? I like to write fiction and poetry. I've never had anything published but I still press onward. You can't get published without submissions, and you can't make submissions until you actually finish a piece, and you can't finish the piece unless you write.

But, there can be many forms of creativity: gardening, cooking, building something, etc...

Writing is my outlet. What's yours?

Shannon
07-12-2008, 08:55 AM
TOTD: I used to write years ago. I quit about the same time I had Tristan. Too much "real life" stuff to do.

Bubba Dawg
07-12-2008, 09:01 AM
TOTD: I used to write years ago. I quit about the same time I had Tristan. Too much "real life" stuff to do.

So, write about real life. Make it funny. You could be rich.

Gingersnap
07-12-2008, 10:13 AM
We will get a big temperature drop today (Yay!) so I'm making the most of my watering time. The party was hot but fun yesterday. I think there were a lot of mayo-eaters in the crowd based on the potato salad offerings.

TOTD: I would say knitting or sewing for me. It's takes a lot of skill to design something from the ground up and there are a lot of choices to make in terms of construction, material, color, etc. When I'm done, I have something no one else has. I do technical writing professionally off and on and so writing fiction doesn't appeal to me much. Gardening might be "creative" in some people's hands but it seems more like a cross between subsistence farming and wildlife management in mine although I do enjoy it. :D

Shannon
07-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I think there were a lot of mayo-eaters in the crowd based on the potato salad offerings.

Oh noes! How did you ever survive surrounded by such vile people?!:eek:

MrsSmith
07-12-2008, 10:27 AM
TOTD: My creativity, such as it is, is used for crocheting. I make Christmas stockings and baby blankets, some from patterns and some original. As Ginger said, it's very satisfying to work something out from the "ground up." :) Unfortunately, I find it hard to devote much time to this, and do very little of it during hot weather...but it's wonderful to work on a soft, crocheted blankie when it's cold. :D

Gingersnap
07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh noes! How did you ever survive surrounded by such vile people?!:eek:

I was pretty brutal considering that the party was "dry". I could only defend myself with the fruit salad and stay upwind from the cooties. :p

asdf2231
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
TOTD

Painting and modeling.

Give me a stack of stuff that can be turned into something else and I am in heaven for a day.

JB
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I was pretty brutal considering that the party was "dry". Parties are not dry. Are you sure you weren't at a "meeting"?

SarasotaRepub
07-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Hot & Humid here today with T-Storms on the way! Same old same old summer weather.

TOTD: I do programming for a living. Always fun to work with new software to solve a problem.

ConJinx
07-12-2008, 05:44 PM
TOTD: tried competitive drinking for a while which is hard to do by ones self. Organizing thoughts, then taking my pain killers so I have to re-organize them. Was gonna start blogging but my computer skills consist of being able to turn it on and off. I keep trying to join clubs and orgs, but am regularly told that "we are all full-up... but we'll call YOU if anything changes." Apparently nothings changed.

DarkScribe
07-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Cool overnight. It will probably be in the seventies for the high today. Nice day here at the Alamo.

I'm waiting for the start of Stage 8 of the Tour de France. They caught a guy doping (cheating) in the Tour yesterday. Good for them. I hope they catch the all and ban them from the sport.

Right now a fishing show is on Versus. A guy just caught a really big fish, and then let it go. I don't get it?

We're going for a hike today up in the Smokies. I love the weekend.

TOTD: Creativity. What is your creative outlet? I like to write fiction and poetry. I've never had anything published but I still press onward. You can't get published without submissions, and you can't make submissions until you actually finish a piece, and you can't finish the piece unless you write.

But, there can be many forms of creativity: gardening, cooking, building something, etc...

Writing is my outlet. What's yours?

Very cool TOTD, BD. By the way, I'd love to read some of your stories, dude. My creative outlet is writing as well, and hopefully one day a full-time career. I've had some success and had several short stories published in various small-press publications, in print and online. I'm trying--maybe not as much as I should, honestly--to pull myself out of this damned rut I've been in for a while and finish my novel (well, it IS finished as far as the first draft...a whopping 632-page paper weight...in revision-hell right now).

Despite that...I love writing stories, even if they may be gruesomely offensive to most people! :D

LibraryLady
07-12-2008, 06:37 PM
TOTD: done a little of many things - written, cross stitch, Crochet, painted, calligraphy, LOTS.

Yeah, no storms so I am headed into the pool. See ya later!

Junebug68
07-12-2008, 09:55 PM
TOTD: I write a lot of poetry. I've sent out a bunch of submissions this year so keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

SaintLouieWoman
07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
TOTD: I love to cook---although have so many cook books, I generally like to "invent" my own recipes. The little garden surrounding the patio behind the bedroom is a special joy. It changes each season. Hopefully, next year I won't have to buy any additional plants. This year it only has perennials. It's a blend of blue, purple and yellow flowers.

I was editor of the zoo's newsletter for over 10 years. I loved to write the stories for it, but after all that unpaid work, it became a burden to constantly cajole volunteers to contribute. I've temporarily lost my voice with the writing. I hope to some day get over the burnout.

Shannon
07-13-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm too tired to participate but perhaps y'all need a kick for Saturday night.:D

LogansPapa
07-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Celebrated Young Master Logan's 2nd birthday today, even though it was actually yesterday.:)

TOTD: Classic vehicle restoration. Takes about a year to do it right. Find all the parts, vendors, do the assembly - per the factory manual, custom, or both. Many challenges and many, many rewards.

megimoo
07-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Very cool TOTD, BD. By the way, I'd love to read some of your stories, dude. My creative outlet is writing as well, and hopefully one day a full-time career. I've had some success and had several short stories published in various small-press publications, in print and online. I'm trying--maybe not as much as I should, honestly--to pull myself out of this damned rut I've been in for a while and finish my novel (well, it IS finished as far as the first draft...a whopping 632-page paper weight...in revision-hell right now).

Despite that...I love writing stories, even if they may be gruesomely offensive to most people! :D
Why not post a short story of yours just as an example of your style ?