PDA

View Full Version : Mea culpa Saturday

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry peeps! I had a funeral this morning and it threw me off. Forgot what day of the week it was!!

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:36 PM
I feel like no one reads my day threads anyhow . . .

Shannon
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Of course we read them. They just tend to be boring, that's all.:p

Rockntractor
08-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Poor poly purebread !

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Of course we read them. They just tend to be boring, that's all.:p

oh forgive me for wanting people to THINK :p

Rockntractor
08-15-2009, 10:48 PM
oh forgive me for wanting people to THINK :p

What is our TOTD!

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:48 PM
My best friends step father took a stroke. He'd just hand surgery on his ankle that he broke - and was having chemo - and was pulling through so having him take a stroke was devastating. PLUS - his kids from his first marriage never approved of the marriage - did not like her etc so it was tense and awkward all through the process.

TOTD: dealing with family tension - how do you cope?

Rockntractor
08-15-2009, 10:49 PM
My best friends step father took a stroke. He'd just hand surgery on his ankle that he broke - and was having chemo - and was pulling through so having him take a stroke was devastating. PLUS - his kids from his first marriage never approved of the marriage - did not like her etc so it was tense and awkward all through the process.

You actually think your going to make the she devil feel guilty!

Rockntractor
08-15-2009, 10:50 PM

TOTD: Stay away from family!

Shannon
08-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I don't have family tension unless my in-laws are involved. We get along fine as long as they never return for Thanksgiving.:rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:56 PM

I don't believe in throwing guilt. My mother does that enough for everyone in the family! I'm just offering explanation to you - akin to what I already gave HER in private. :p

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:57 PM
TOTD: Stay away from family!

so you skip funerals and wedding and the whole 9-yards?

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't have family tension unless my in-laws are involved. We get along fine as long as they never return for Thanksgiving.:rolleyes:

My family hate that we refuse to spend Thanksgiving with family. Thanksgiving is our 'friends' holiday.

Shannon
08-15-2009, 11:04 PM
My family hate that we refuse to spend Thanksgiving with family. Thanksgiving is our 'friends' holiday.

Thanksgiving is more of a family thing for me. I just prefer when it's spent with my family.:p

Shannon
08-15-2009, 11:05 PM

It actually worked.:eek:

Rockntractor
08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
It actually worked.:eek:

Your not getting soft are you?

Rockntractor
08-15-2009, 11:10 PM
so you skip funerals and wedding and the whole 9-yards?
No I go to those. I am the family wedding photographer! My family used to get together every week. I got tired of that. Once a month is enough!

PoliCon
08-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanksgiving is more of a family thing for me. I just prefer when it's spent with my family.:p

I started spending Thanksgiving with friends the first year I was out of the country and it was the very BEST thanksgiving I had ever had. :) My wife started joining me on trips to visit friends here there and everywhere for thanksgiving before we married - and she loves the practice as well. We spent last Thanksgiving visiting the guy who's stepfather passed - in San Diego where he is an assistant pastor. He hosted people from the congregation that had no where else to go - and us - and we had an absolute blast. 22 adults and 7 kids and not one fight!!