PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

Rockntractor
08-16-2009, 12:58 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6310590
billh58 (114 posts) Sat Aug-15-09 12:43 AM
Original message
Is it just me
or is there an inordinate number of trolls and freepers who regularly post on DU?

I've been a lurker on DU for a few years mainly because I was, until recently, a moderator on another Liberal blog. During those years of "lurking," however, I never noticed the number of obvious right-wingers posing as "progressives."

I have no problem rationally discussing differing political points-of-view with reasonable "declared" Republicans or Libertarians. I have no respect, however, for obvious trolls posing as fellow Liberals (a few with over 1000+ posts on DU), and then attacking Liberal positions with thinly-veiled RW talking-points and arguments.

I guess that the longer I read and post here regularly, the more familiar I will become with who is genuine, and who is a disrupter. In fact, I have already discovered a few of the latter -- I think.

Incidentally, I am a lifelong Liberal Democrat, retired, and reside on Maui in Hawaii. Thanks for allowing me participate on DU.

I'm betting this guy's a mole!

Dan D. Doty
08-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Bill, no one can declare themselves a Libertarian, Republican, Conservative, nor an Indepdent on DU because they get tombstoned, and their posts deleted if they say so.

Bill, wise up.

Bubba Dawg
08-16-2009, 12:04 PM
The guy's a mod somewhere?

He sounds so naive and stupid......Oh wait....he said Liberal Blog. Wonder if he meant Board.

SarasotaRepub
08-16-2009, 12:26 PM
darkstar3 (10 posts) Sat Aug-15-09 02:24 AM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6310590#6310590)

14. I don't think it's just you,but I also don't think it's a new phenomenon. I think there are the same number of trolls now as there always have been, but their tactics have changed of late.

I bounce back and forth between here and a place I call "the sewer." (Some people here may know it by another, very inauspicious name http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/happy.gif) People ask me why I go there, and my only answer is that I find it interesting to see what the enemy has to say about us, and also to watch their heads implode from time to time. But my point here is that they usually brag about trolling on our boards. You'll see posts talking about how they've managed to "hide from the liberal SS" for so many posts. I'm absolutely positive some of them are still here, stirring shit up on our board and bragging about it to their nearly illiterate friends.

Now, however, it seems that some of them just can't hold it in for more than a few posts. That "premature" issue may stem from real-life problems, but more likely they're just a little more on edge lately because "they's a DARKY in the WYTE HOWSE!!!!!!"

LOL!!! Looks like Satanica snuck back on DU. :D