PDA

View Full Version : Monday Meals

Rebel Yell
08-17-2009, 08:52 AM
It's been rainy here for the past few days with no end in sight right now. It's OK though, we need it. It does put a damper on my side job. Washing cars.

TOTD: I know many people have this all wrong, but I want to settle it once and for all. There are three meals in a day. Breakfast, Dinner, and Supper. Take off the gloves and discuss.

I had to rush it this morning, I just got here.:o

Shannon
08-17-2009, 08:59 AM
It's breakfast, lunch and dinner for me. My father says it your way though.

megimoo
08-17-2009, 09:13 AM
It's been rainy here for the past few days with no end in sight right now. It's OK though, we need it. It does put a damper on my side job. Washing cars.

TOTD: I know many people have this all wrong, but I want to settle it once and for all. There are three meals in a day. Breakfast, Dinner, and Supper. Take off the gloves and discuss.

I had to rush it this morning, I just got here.:o

In the South, traditionally "dinner" refers to lunch (mid-day meal), and "supper" refers to dinner (evening meal), though folks understand that outsiders typically are referring to supper when they say dinner.

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 09:28 AM
It is not just a southern deal. In minnesota we ate breakfast, dinner and supper too.

megimoo
08-17-2009, 09:35 AM
It is not just a southern deal. In minnesota we ate breakfast, dinner and supper too.Is dinner the largest meal of the day ?

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Is dinner the largest meal of the day ?

It was when I was a kid!

stsinner
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
It is not just a southern deal. In minnesota we ate breakfast, dinner and supper too.

It confuses the hell out of me when people call lunch dinner... I then have to clarify which meal they're talking about.. Growing up in Indiana, it was breakfast, lunch and dinner or supper were interchangeable, but both meant the evening meal.

I can't get used to the New Englanders calling hamburger hamburg.... Different strokes...

Rebel Yell
08-17-2009, 09:49 AM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/idiosnoosphere/last-supper.jpg

FeebMaster
08-17-2009, 10:06 AM
What about brunch?

It's breakfast, lunch, dinner/supper for me. I usually skip breakfast, though. Sometimes I have bacon and eggs for lunch.

I can't get used to the New Englanders calling hamburger hamburg.... Different strokes...

We're not all freaks.

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 10:10 AM
It confuses the hell out of me when people call lunch dinner... I then have to clarify which meal they're talking about.. Growing up in Indiana, it was breakfast, lunch and dinner or supper were interchangeable, but both meant the evening meal.

When my dad was a kid breakfast was the biggest meal by far. They had an unbelievable spread! He came from a family with twelve kids!

lacarnut
08-17-2009, 10:11 AM
What about brunch?

It's breakfast, lunch, dinner/supper for me. I usually skip breakfast, though.

Same here and brunch is on Sunday.

linda22003
08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only exception is when the Sunday noon meal is a heavy spread; then it's "Sunday dinner", which you can smell in the oven when you walk in from church.

stsinner
08-17-2009, 10:13 AM
When my dad was a kid breakfast was the biggest meal by far. They had an unbelievable spread! He came from a family with twelve kids!

Wow! Twelve kids?? I thought my dad was lucky to have 7 siblings (I love big families).

We definitely do up supper (the evening meal) the best. We always sit as a family and say a prayer before eating. The other meals-breakfast and lunch, are every man for himself! Grab a sammich, or something.

PoliCon
08-17-2009, 10:45 AM
TOTD:

Dinner is the main meal of the day regardless of when it is eaten.

Luncheon is a light midday meal.

Supper is a light evening meal.

people of means have Dinner in the evening - working class people have it in the middle of the day.

NOW - if you are having the main meal of the day in the evening and you're calling it supper you're an ignorant git and you need to learn to use the right words :p

Rebel Yell
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
TOTD:

Dinner is the main meal of the day regardless of when it is eaten.

Luncheon is a light midday meal.

Supper is a light evening meal.

people of means have Dinner in the evening - working class people have it in the middle of the day.

NOW - if you are having the main meal of the day in the evening and you're calling it supper you're an ignorant git and you need to learn to use the right words :p

Did you just call Jesus ignorant?:eek::D

linda22003
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Did you just call Jesus ignorant?:eek::D

Jesus probably didn't call it supper OR dinner. He probably used an Aramaic word.

Rebel Yell
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Jesus probably didn't call it supper OR dinner. He probably used an Aramaic word.

The Aramaic for supper.;):p

noonwitch
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Breakfast, lunch and dinner/supper. Dinner was for when we were having company and eating in the dining room with the good china or eating at a restaurant. Supper was sitting at the kitchen table, using the everyday dishes.

PoliCon
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
The Aramaic for supper.;):p

Show me supper in the scriptures. :p

Rebel Yell
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Show me supper in the scriptures. :p

Rebel Yell 3:16 Yay, I shall eat of the beasts of the earth for supper tonight. Anyone who calls it dinner shall burn in hell.

PoliCon
08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Rebel Yell 3:16 Yay, I shall eat of the beasts of the earth for supper tonight. Anyone who calls it dinner shall burn in hell.

That gospel is spurious. :rolleyes:

linda22003
08-17-2009, 12:57 PM
That gospel is spurious. :rolleyes:

One of the apocryphal books, no doubt.

PoliCon
08-17-2009, 01:01 PM
One of the apocryphal books, no doubt.

pseudepigraphal at best. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
We won't really get out of the 70s for most of this week. It's still pretty nice but you really need a sweater after 6:00 pm. Dove season will totally suck this year.

TOTD: Monday through Saturday it's breakfast, lunch, supper. Sunday, it's breakfast (if you eat breakfast on Sundays), dinner, supper. Dinner is also what you call the last meal of the day when talking with city people or if it happens after 8:00 pm.

Hope this helps. :p

Bubba Dawg
08-17-2009, 09:00 PM
At home I ate Breakfast, Dinner and Supper.

But I ate Lunch at school because it was a Lunchroom.

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Dove season will totally suck this year.

:p

It depends on which end of the gun your on!

Teetop
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
It depends on which end of the gun your on!

Dove season is always good around here. I never go though. Although, this year I might shoot some phesant.

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Dove season is always good around here. I never go though. Although, this year I might shoot some phesant.

It takes to many to make a meal and I don't like picking all the shot out. I know why Ginger likes it though. She shoots clays too.

RobJohnson
08-18-2009, 03:44 AM

LOL :D