PDA

View Full Version : It's online petition time again :-)

FDK
08-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Remember the SCADS of online peititons the DUmmies used to sign to get Bush impeached, have Cheney imprisoned, end the Iraq war, etc?

How'd that online petition thing work out for you, DUmmies?

stray cat Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Aug-17-09 09:14 PM
Original message
Are there any online petitions to promote the option of buying into Medicare or a Public Option?

Some people never learn.

Linky: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6332237

Crystal Wizard
08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Remember the SCADS of online peititons the DUmmies used to sign to get Bush impeached, have Cheney imprisoned, end the Iraq war, etc?

How'd that online petition thing work out for you, DUmmies?

Some people never learn.

Linky: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6332237

You're right. Maybe they could sign one of the several online peititions referenced herein...

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=900

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
You're right. Maybe they could sign one of the several online peititions referenced herein...

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=900

Do you think drilling is a stupid idea?

Crystal Wizard
08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Do you think drilling is a stupid idea?

The OP did not reference the quality of the petition. Rather it characterized people who signed online petitions as somehow deficient.

And yes, I think unrestricted drillling is bad. It provides no incentive to develop alternative energy sources.

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 09:55 PM
The OP did not refernce the quality of the petition. Rather it characterized people who signed online petitions as somehow deficient.

And yes, I think unrestricted drillling is bad. It provides no incentive to develop alternative energy sources.

We have all we need right now. There is no point in implementing higher cost energy as long as we have hydrocarbons.

Crystal Wizard
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
We have all we need right now. There is no point in implementing higher cost energy as long as we have hydrocarbons.

Again, you're diverting from the OP which emphasized the stupidity and futility of online petitions, a sentiment I agree with, btw.

As to "why spend money for alternatives, when we have enough now," that's the same mentality as borrowing from our children's futures ("what about the baaabbbiies?") to pay for things now. There have to be incentives to find alternative sources of energy, including nuclear (or is it nuk lay eer) or corporations will not pursue them. Please don't tell me that corporations have a long term view, because they don't. I work with CIOs and CFOs every day and their ONLY concern is the next quarter's earnings.

SarasotaRepub
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
All on-line polls and petitions are basically worthless, everyone here
knows that including my wife.

They can be fun and sometimes informative but I wouldn't be making
any bets on their results.

The DUmmies just have made a long time habit of screwing around with
polls and going so far as to show people how to vote over and over and over again.

Nothing wrong with voting on one of these, it's no biggie. The morons on DU
just make a habit of messing around with even little local town polls.

Rockntractor
08-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Again, you're diverting from the OP which emphasized the stupidity and futility of online petitions, a sentiment I agree with, btw.

As to "why spend money for alternatives, when we have enough now," that's the same mentality as borrowing from our children's futures ("what about the baaabbbiies?") to pay for things now. There have to be incentives to find alternative sources of energy, including nuclear (or is it nuk lay eer) or corporations will not pursue them. Please don't tell me that corporations have a long term view, because they don't. I work with CIOs and CFOs every day and their ONLY concern is the next quarter's earnings.

Necessity is the mother of all invention. When we really need it we will build it. Your right on polls though. I don't vote in them very often and they are a waste of time. If you would like start another thread on energy and these posts could be moved!

Constitutionally Speaking
08-19-2009, 08:20 AM
The OP did not reference the quality of the petition. Rather it characterized people who signed online petitions as somehow deficient.

Since we have enough oil for over 100 years (at current consumption rates) what is the rush? When the market prices oil high enough, there will be incentive enough for that development.