PDA

View Full Version : According to IndianaGreen Obama is a pedophile.

Carol
08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=221x144520)

IndianaGreen (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-18-09 11:51 AM
Original message
The Turing enigma: Campaigners demand pardon for mathematics genius
Were it not for a gay man named Jonathan, David would have been killed by King Saul.

Were it not for a gay man named John, there wouldn't be a "disciple whom Jesus loved" in the Christian Gospels.

Were it not for Alan Turing, the ENIGMA code would not have been broken and the Germans would have won the Battle of the Atlantic. Were it not for the gay and lesbians serving in the US armed forces...

The Turing enigma: Campaigners demand pardon for mathematics genius

He should have been hailed a hero for his wartime codebreaking. Instead he was prosecuted for his homosexuality and took his own life. So why has Britain never said sorry? Jonathan Brown reports

Tuesday, 18 August 2009

He may have played a pivotal role in securing victory in the Second World War for his country six years earlier, but few outside the academic community would have recognised Alan Turing as he made his way down Manchester's Oxford Street shortly before Christmas in 1951. Someone who did notice the athletically-built scientist, however, was a young working class gay man called Arnold Murray.

(snip)

So according to IndianaGreen Jonathan and John were "gay" because they "loved" another man. No mention of sexuality or love meaning erotic love-but because the word love is used it they are obviously gay.

Obama says he loves his daughters, therefore he is a pedophile (according to IndianaGreens logic).

No doubt about it, liberal logic has nothing to do with actual logic.

linda22003
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
More to the point, have you ever heard of Alan Turing? :cool:

Carol
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Of course.

However I was commenting on how IndianaGreen seems to be able to determine someones sexual behavior simply by the word "love".

There is no logical thinking there and it is bigoted as well as offensive andChristian bashing.

linda22003
08-18-2009, 01:08 PM
It's hardly the first time it's been suggested. David and Jonathan were more than just buddies, although I agree it's a stretch to assume there was a sexual element. It's like the people who suggest Abraham Lincoln was gay because he shared beds with other men when he was riding the circuit back in the days when he was a lawyer.

ralph wiggum
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
It's hardly the first time it's been suggested. David and Jonathan were more than just buddies, although I agree it's a stretch to assume there was a sexual element. It's like the people who suggest Abraham Lincoln was gay because he shared beds with other men when he was riding the circuit back in the days when he was a lawyer.

Is that code for something? :p

FlaGator
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM

The Inventci code... IndianaGreen invents a lot of stuff.

I wonder how the whole Mary Magdalene thing fits in to all this?

linda22003
08-18-2009, 03:23 PM

I do hope you're joking, and you know how the legal system worked back in those days in rural areas.

ralph wiggum
08-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I do hope you're joking, and you know how the legal system worked back in those days in rural areas.

Of course it was a joke. :D

It was just an odd turn of a phrase, and I felt the need to tease.

enslaved1
08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
One might think as enlightened and progressive as libs and moonbats are, they would understand that there is much more to love than sex or sexual attraction. This (http://www.intothyword.org/apps/articles/default.asp?articleid=35437&columnid=3803) covers the NT Greek words we translate love, I'm supposed to be job hunting, so I'm not finding one to cover David and Johnathan yet. Maybe later. Till then philio y'all. :D

AmPat
08-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I've always heard it like this;

Philos-Brotherly love
Eros- Sexual love/Attraction
Agape- Godly love

FlaGator
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I've always heard it like this;

Philos-Brotherly love
Eros- Sexual love/Attraction
Agape- Godly love

Agape originally referenced a meal of Communion or fellowship in the early Church (Love-Feast according to International Standard Bible Encyclopedia). The original communion meal was generally a whole dinner. It was later separated from the Communion feast when Communion started to become the rite that we use today at the end of services. It is used in lots of denominations to mean brotherly love or the love between Christian believers.

AmPat
08-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks, I've got a new study topic.:)

FlaGator
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks, I've got a new study topic.:)

You welcome... it's kind of a hobby of mine ;)

Carol
08-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Here is a good internet reference for the 3 kinds of love, along with biblical references using the Greek words for love.

http://www.godandscience.org/love/biblicallove.html

Constitutionally Speaking
08-19-2009, 08:34 AM
More to the point, have you ever heard of Alan Turing? :cool:

Yes. He was a legitimate genius and was indeed gay. IG at least got this part right.