PDA

View Full Version : House Talk Wednesday.

Gingersnap
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
We'll be in the low 80s today and then cooler later in the week. The squash, tomatoes, and peppers are going great guns right now (what's left of them, anyway). Pretty soon, it will be time to start thinking about fall sowing for lettuce.

TOTD: What's your favorite room in your house? Why? Is this true all year or only some of the year? If your house is a wreck, what will be your favorite room when you get it remodeled? Gazebos, patios, and decks all count in this question.

linda22003
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
TOTD: We added on a beautiful room six years ago, with windows on all sides, and a cathedral ceiling. It's 18x24, so it's a good entertaining space. It made me love a house I had previously not cared for particularly.
However, the daily "favorite" is probably the 'bunker' downstairs - a family room with wall to wall built in bookcases, a big TV, and a woodburning fireplace. It has cozy sofas and chairs, and we hang out there together in the evenings.

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
TOTD: We added on a beautiful room six years ago, with windows on all sides, and a cathedral ceiling. It's 18x24, so it's a good entertaining space. It made me love a house I had previously not cared for particularly.
However, the daily "favorite" is probably the 'bunker' downstairs - a family room with wall to wall built in bookcases, a big TV, and a woodburning fireplace. It has cozy sofas and chairs, and we hang out there together in the evenings.
Do you cut your own wood for the fire place?

patriot45
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Mid 90s, curl your eyebrows muggy!

TOTD: My Florida room! Pool table, dart board, big screen, sound around system, fridge, direct access to the deck , grill and pool! If it had a bathroom I could live there! :D

linda22003
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Do you cut your own wood for the fire place?

Our backyard is large and heavily wooded. It's been our own woodlot since we moved in 19 years ago. My husband has chopped most of it.

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Our backyard is large and heavily wooded. It's been our own woodlot since we moved in 19 years ago. My husband has chopped most of it.
We have heated with wood for years. I bought a very efficient stove type fireplace insert three years ago and we haven't used the furnace ever since. Both of our properties are heavily wooded but most of our firewood is a by-product from work. I also sell about 20 to 30 ricks a year (half cord).

BSR
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
We'll be in the low 80s today and then cooler later in the week. The squash, tomatoes, and peppers are going great guns right now (what's left of them, anyway). Pretty soon, it will be time to start thinking about fall sowing for lettuce.

TOTD: What's your favorite room in your house? Why? Is this true all year or only some of the year? If your house is a wreck, what will be your favorite room when you get it remodeled? Gazebos, patios, and decks all count in this question.

TOTD: Now it's the living room. we used to have this huge sectional that kept breaking and we took it back to costco and got a leather couch that both sides recline. what's makes it the best room is that since the sectional is gone the living room is HUGE. It's really opened up the living room. Plus my flat panel and HD service, surround sound, and Wii is in the living room. It's party central.

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
The kitchen, I think. I like to cook. An extension of the kitchen is the grill where i smoke stuff....food that is.....so the deck is an extension of the kitchen.

The part of the deck that is covered by a part of the roof of the house is nifty. Overhead fans. Nice view of the woods. I enjoy going out, smoking meat, and having a cigar.

RobJohnson
08-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Warm today, over 100. Work was busy, very busy.

TOTD: I like the living room or bedroom. I move stuff around and right now I use my the desk in my bedroom for my laptop. I spend alot more time at home that I have in the past, I try to enjoy the walls that I have paid for...