PDA

View Full Version : "NY Dem Rep. Massa calls Sen. Grassley a Traitor !"

megimoo
08-19-2009, 09:36 AM
NY Dem Eric Massa Says Sen. Charles Grassley's Comments Were an "Act of Treason" - Video

Here is video of New York Democrat Rep. Eric Massa talking to Leftist activists at the Netroots Nation Meeting last weekend where he said that Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley had committed an "act of treason" by what he said last week regarding ObamaCare.

Rep. Massa: What Grassley said the other day was an act of treason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7g8UfnJesA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freedomslighthouse.com%2F200 9%2F08%2Fnew-york-democrat-rep-eric-massa-tells.html&feature=player_embedded
He appears to be referring to Grassley's pointed remarks that ObamaCare, if adopted, could lead to politicians and bureaucrats injecting themselves into "end of life" decisions that families have to make. Massa also said in conversation to activists at the same meeting that he was prepared to vote for ObamaCare "against the interests of his own district"...

megimoo
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Massa: "I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district."

"What ever happened to these elected critters who actually represent the peoples wishes ?"

"No second term for you bozo !"

It's a statement that's making national headlines.

New York Congressman Eric Massa said, "I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to help them."

Health care reform has been a heated battle across the country. The statement was made about Rep. Massa's choice to not vote for Obama's health care reform bill H.R. 3200. Massa's statements have some constituents outraged.

So did Massa make a massive mistake? You can judge for yourself. Here's a look at the comments he made over the weekend in Pittsburgh reported by the Washington Times:

MASSA: I'm not going to vote for 3200 as it's currently written. A, I will vote for a single payer option or a bill that does have a medicare coupled public option, which we don't have right now. If my town hall meetings turn into the same media frenzies and ridiculousness, because every time that happens we lose. We lose another three million people in America. They see that happening and negate us.

PARTICIPANT: It changes America.

MASSA: Every time that occurs. So what happens in my town hall meetings frankly is important because I am in one of the most right wing Republican districts in the country, and I'm not asking you guys to go back to wherever and send people to me. This is a generic statement of what can I do? Well, that's one thing we can do.

PARTICIPANT: So if we got your meetings to sixty forty, you'd vote....and there was single payer in a bill you would vote for it?

MASSA: Oh absolutely I would vote for single payer.

PARTICIPANT: If there was sixty forty sentiment in the room?

MASSA: Listen, I tell every audience I'm in favor of single payer.

PARTICIPANT: If there was eighty twenty in the room?

MASSA: If there was a single payer bill?

PARTICIPANT: And there was a single payer....

MASSA: I will vote for the single payer bill.

PARTICIPANT: Even if it meant you were being voted out of office?

MASSA: I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful. I will vote against their opinion if I actually believe it will help them.

Monday night, Massa spoke one-on-one with News 10NBC and residents in Honeoye Falls. We asked the Congressman if he would have made those statements in his own district.
"Absolutely," he replied. "I'm saying it here now. I stand by my comments. I mean what I say, and I say what I mean. Being independent sometimes means not being popular."

The freshman Congressman didn't shy away from us or questions from the Honeoye Falls community.

"Today's a big brouhaha," Rep. Massa told a crowd of students at the Mendon Community Center. A big brew-haha over beliefs.

"Am I right or wrong?" asked Massa. "Should I go with the popular opinion? Or should I do what I actually believe is right?"

Massa also spoke at Monday night's Honeoye Falls Town Board meeting. But not everyone in town had kind words for the Congressman.

http://www.whec.com/article/Pstories/S1089774.shtml

ralph wiggum
08-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Funny, some Iowa Republicans think Grassley is a traitor for showing too much support for 0bamaCare.

Talismen
08-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Funny, some Iowa Republicans think Grassley is a traitor for showing too much support for 0bamaCare.

Well...technically...We don't like the idea that he's working with certain members in the senate to "compromise" and formulate a senate version.

If he does this, and any form of the "government option" remains...I can assure you, Iowans will not be pleased, and if someone legitimate runs against him, they'll more than likely win his seat.