PDA

View Full Version : Your hangover cure

BSR
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
In honor of my white trash drinking binge and hangover, I ask you what your hangover cure is? What do you do to feel better when you drank to much?

ralph wiggum
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Start drinking again....:D

Shannon
08-19-2009, 02:22 PM

That's really the only way.:p

FlaGator
08-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Slam your wiener in a sliding glass door.

BSR
08-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm glad I can rely on the people on the interwebs to provide me with rock solid advice. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
08-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Take 3 aspirin, eat something with fat in it like cheese, and go swim laps in an indoor pool (outside is WAY too bright). In a few hours, you should feel semi-normal.

Alternatively, you can just go on drinking beer until you feel better at which point you will probably decide to have hard liquor and burritos delivered to your door. Maybe the Haz Mat guys can give you some hangover tips tomorrow. :D

ralph wiggum
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm glad I can rely on the people on the interwebs to provide me with rock solid advice. :rolleyes:

How long have you been posting here again? And you were really expecting something other than snarky advice? :D

BSR
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
How long have you been posting here again? And you were really expecting something other than snarky advice? :D

Yes I know.... Plus Shannon is here, so I knew I was screwed from the start.

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Take two vicodin!

linda22003
08-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I can't remember the last time I was hung over. Most of the drinking we do is at dinner parties, so we are eating and lingering while drinking. When we give a dinner, it's not unusual for me to have a cocktail or two before dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner, and a single malt straight up afterwards. No problem with a head the next day.

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I can't remember the last time I was hung over. Most of the drinking we do is at dinner parties, so we are eating and lingering while drinking. When we give a dinner, it's not unusual for me to have a cocktail or two before dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner, and a single malt straight up afterwards. No problem with a head the next day.

I've been known to go through a six pack of root beer in one day with no hangover!

BadCat
08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Just let the pain linger to remind you not to do that again.

FeebMaster
08-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Just let the pain linger to remind you not to do that again.

That never works.

djones520
08-19-2009, 04:38 PM
That never works.

Worked pretty well for me. I haven't drank enough to get a hangover since my last one 6 years ago.

BSR
08-19-2009, 05:09 PM
That never works.

I agree. I'm an idiot and never learn my lesson.

patriot45
08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
I gotta say it again!?! A hot and spicy bloody mary works wonders!

I also guess you didn't go to work today! :D that helps!

BadCat
08-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I agree. I'm an idiot and never learn my lesson.

Ok then.

A big bowl of red menudo will fix you right up.

patriot45
08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Ok then.

A big bowl of red menudo will fix you right up.

Ya gotta admit tho, a hangover that bad from only 15 beers is kind weak! :D Always eat first and drink clear liquer, dark stuff will kick your ass!

BSR
08-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Ya gotta admit tho, a hangover that bad from only 15 beers is kind weak! :D Always eat first and drink clear liquer, dark stuff will kick your ass!

Hold on, it wasn't THAT bad...

but Mickey's is 5.8% by volume. These white trash little bombs aren't anything to fuck with. You turn your back on them and they'll get ya... They'll get ya.

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:11 PM
The other night I got drunk on gin....which is always a mistake for me....then I stayed drunk on tequila (cheap tequila) cuz I ran out of gin.

The next morning I felt rough. I ate a bowl of cereal and took some aspirin and drank some coffee. I felt better. In fact, I felt good enough to get my Sunday Thread in by the 10:00 a.m. deadline. 10:30 anyway.

patriot45
08-19-2009, 08:15 PM
The other night I got drunk on gin....which is always a mistake for me....then I stayed drunk on tequila (cheap tequila) cuz I ran out of gin.

The next morning I felt rough. I ate a bowl of cereal and took some aspirin and drank some coffee. I felt better. In fact, I felt good enough to get my Sunday Thread in by the 10:00 a.m. deadline. 10:30 anyway.

See, experience counts! :D

BSR
08-19-2009, 08:20 PM

I don't drink hard liquor anymore. That shit ALMOST got me a DUI and an assault 1 with a weapon... Long story short, I was barely over the limit and blew under at the station and the assault 1 was deemed self defense. But I spent a night in jail and 5k in bail/attorney fees to learn that lesson...

No more whiskey for me.

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't drink hard liquor anymore. That shit ALMOST got me a DUI and an assault 1 with a weapon... Long story short, I was barely over the limit and blew under at the station and the assault 1 was deemed self defense. But I spent a night in jail and 5k in bail/attorney fees to learn that lesson...

No more whiskey for me.

Makes sense.

Beer seems to give me a headache.

BSR
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Makes sense.

Beer seems to give me a headache.

I'm good in moderation. But then you have friends come over with a shit load of Mickey's and you aren't driving... You know the drill...:D

But seriously, I was scared for 2 weeks that I was facing 9 years in prison for defending myself. 6 years for assault 1 and and extra 3 years for using a gun... I was put in a cell with a dude that raped and sodomized his wife. Rape is no joke in jail. these people were looking for a chance to beat this man into a coma. I was scared they were going to mistake me for him..

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm good in moderation. But then you have friends come over with a shit load of Mickey's and you aren't driving... You know the drill...:D

But seriously, I was scared for 2 weeks that I was facing 9 years in prison for defending myself. 6 years for assault 1 and and extra 3 years for using a gun... I was put in a cell with a dude that raped and sodomized his wife. Rape is no joke in jail. these people were looking for a chance to beat this man into a coma. I was scared they were going to mistake me for him..

Glad you came out okay, Noble Mon.

Jail scares me. I hardly never drink except at home.

I like draft beer. The other night at the Mexican Restaurant I had a Dos Equis. It was good on draft. That's about the only way I drink beer.

BSR
08-19-2009, 08:32 PM

I like draft beer. The other night at the Mexican Restaurant I had a Dos Equis. It was good on draft. That's about the only way I drink beer.

Thanks, I put my family through alot of bullshit because I ran out of whiskey and decided to make a run to the liquor store. I don't normally drink outside of my home or a buddies, but I was an idiot to drive when I have been drinking. That shit will never happen again.

BSR
08-19-2009, 08:32 PM
but enough about me.. (Why did I bring that shit up?) lets hear about hangover cures. :D

patriot45
08-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Mexican beer is pretty good! I like the Dos Equis and Tecate! If you have a Don Pablos restaurant near you, those are great with the food! My new recipe , grouper, I had some Dos Equis!

Hijack to a beer thread! :D

patriot45
08-19-2009, 08:36 PM
but enough about me.. (Why did I bring that shit up?) lets hear about hangover cures. :D

Let me expand on the bloody mary cure. Add three orders of breakfast sausages! Something has to give! :D

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks, I put my family through alot of bullshit because I ran out of whiskey and decided to make a run to the liquor store. I don't normally drink outside of my home or a buddies, but I was an idiot to drive when I have been drinking. That shit will never happen again.

Good. Me either. Just ain't worth it with what can happen legally, but the real horror for me would be hurting someone in an accident or something.

Things can happen. The football receiver, Stallworth I think is his name, hit a pedestrian in his car when the guy ran out in front of him to catch a bus. Maybe the booze he had been drinking made some difference in reaction time, or maybe made none at all, but it would always prey on my mind and i don't think I would ever get it out of my head.

patriot45
08-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Good. Me either. Just ain't worth it with what can happen legally, but the real horror for me would be hurting someone in an accident or something.

Things can happen. The football receiver, Stallworth I think is his name, hit a pedestrian in his car when the guy ran out in front of him to catch a bus. Maybe the booze he had been drinking made some difference in reaction time, or maybe made none at all, but it would always prey on my mind and i don't think I would ever get it out of my head.

I'm old enuf and smart enuf that because I like drinking, its at home or I always get a room if we go out somewhere! By that I mean we have Channelside and Ybor to my left and Orlando to my right, If we are not around the corner from the house , its doubletree for us! :D
You have more fun that way, who wants to drive f'ed-up?

Shannon
08-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I gotta say it again!?! A hot and spicy bloody mary works wonders!

I also guess you didn't go to work today! :D that helps!

I don't normally drink bloody marys but I think I'm addicted now. Thank you very much.

patriot45
08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't normally drink bloody marys but I think I'm addicted now. Thank you very much.

Ok, this was the hottest batch we made, but it is good, isn't it?

Shannon
08-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Ok, this was the hottest batch we made, but it is good, isn't it?

It's fantastic.

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:46 PM

rum?

Shannon
08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
rum?

Is this a trick question?

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Is this a trick question?

No. I've heard Bloody Marys can be made with different liquors. I've never made one.

Shannon
08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
No. I've heard Bloody Marys can be made with different liquors. I've never made one.

I suppose you could. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
I suppose you could. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Bacardi???....kidding.....:p

I've heard of making a Bloody Mary with gin. I like gin but I can't imagine it.

I guess it could be made with a pretty bland American Whisky. Seems like rum would be best.

RobJohnson
08-20-2009, 03:19 AM

Glad it worked out for you. Don't do that again! :)

RobJohnson
08-20-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm old enuf and smart enuf that because I like drinking, its at home or I always get a room if we go out somewhere! By that I mean we have Channelside and Ybor to my left and Orlando to my right, If we are not around the corner from the house , its doubletree for us! :D
You have more fun that way, who wants to drive f'ed-up?

I came to the point a couple years ago that I don't like to do anything f'ed up....

It's rare for me to drink, although I did have a drink here last week:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs195.snc1/6574_1139523644666_1124659021_30475920_3665918_n.j pg

I also had a couple sips of wine while on vacation. It was fun. My "friend" got pretty loaded one of the nights, but it was all good.

linda22003
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM

I'm happy to say I've never been THAT drunk. In fact, I've never even KNOWN anyone who has been that drunk. :cool:

Shannon
08-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm happy to say I've never been THAT drunk. In fact, I've never even KNOWN anyone who has been that drunk. :cool:
You clearly do not have an Irish heritage.:p

BSR
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM

I wasnt that drunk. In fact I blew under the limit when I was being booked.

linda22003
08-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I wasnt that drunk. In fact I blew under the limit when I was being booked.

So... you're just naturally violent? :eek:

BSR
08-20-2009, 09:42 AM

Did you even read what I wrote? :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM

BSR isn't the first person on this board to have an alcohol-related misunderstanding with the police. Heck, he's probably not the first person this week. :p

linda22003
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Did you even read what I wrote? :rolleyes:

I did. "Assault with a weapon" is not a phrase I have ever personally encountered. It doesn't happen to people who are just having a leisurely Sunday stroll in the park after church. :rolleyes:

Shannon
08-20-2009, 09:58 AM
BSR isn't the first person on this board to have an alcohol-related misunderstanding with the police. Heck, he's probably not the first person this week. :p

Is there something you would like to share with the group?:D

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM

I can't speak to the social pathologies of the group here.

Gingersnap
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Is there something you would like to share with the group?:D

Not while there are outstanding warrants circulating. :D

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I did. "Assault with a weapon" is not a phrase I have ever personally encountered. It doesn't happen to people who are just having a leisurely Sunday stroll in the park after church. :rolleyes:

No, it happens to people driving down the road when a psycho slams on his brakes in the middle of the road, get's out of his car and comes back to your car threatening to "beat the living shit out of you". I pulled my weapon and told him to get back in his car. He called the police and we waited for them. He then lied to the police and told them I threatened to kill him. I was arrested.

Oh, I guess you also missed the part where no charges were filed for "Self Defense" in my first response.

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
No, it happens to people driving down the road when a psycho slams on his brakes in the middle of the road, get's out of his car and comes back to your car threatening to "beat the living shit out of you".

With absolutely no provocation, just out of the blue because he suddenly had a spasm of some sort? I would have used the steering wheel and the accelerator. If he's out of his car, I can drive faster than he can run after me.

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I pulled my weapon and told him to get back in his car. He called the police and we waited for them.

This is completely insane on both of your parts. I suggest both of you were suffering from testosterone poisoning.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
With absolutely no provocation, just out of the blue because he suddenly had a spasm of some sort? I would have used the steering wheel and the accelerator. If he's out of his car, I can drive faster than he can run after me.

It must be nice to play the "Well I would have done...." game when it wasn't you. :rolleyes:

No sweetheart, I couldn't "use the steering wheel and the accelerator" because if you were paying attention earlier you would have read "He stopped in the middle of the road" Which means we were in traffic. He was in front of me and when he stopped I had to stop and the people behind me had to stop. I was pinned in between two cars...

Who knows why he had road rage that day. He cut me off driving and I threw up my hands and mouthed "Hey, did you see me here" at which point he slammed on his breaks and stopped in the middle of the road and started this all off.

But go on telling yourself I'm a violent drunk who randomly pulls a gun on people. Don't let the facts get in the way.

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:20 AM
OK, if I can't get away, my doors are always locked and my windows are up. Sure, I can play "what I would have done" because I've taken defensive driving and I live in the DC area, where nuts (otherwise known as Maryland drivers) abound. Why you both waited together for the cops when you'd had this altercation is still insane, to me.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
This is completely insane on both of your parts. I suggest both of you were suffering from testosterone poisoning.

Waiting for the police is insane? I just pulled my weapon on a dick with road rage in the middle of traffic. Waiting for the police to come sort it out is EXACTLY what you need to do in this situation, cupcake.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:24 AM
OK, if I can't get away, my doors are always locked and my windows are up. Sure, I can play "what I would have done" because I've taken defensive driving and I live in the DC area, where nuts (otherwise known as Maryland drivers) abound. Why you both waited together for the cops when you'd had this altercation is still insane, to me.

My window was down and I couldn't get it up fast enough before he would be on me beating the shit out of me as he was promising to do. Now what Linda? Tell me how your defensive driving skills are going to work with your window rolled down and your pinned in traffic with no way to drive off.

The self defense laws are in place for exactly this situation...

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Waiting for the police is insane? I just pulled my weapon on a dick with road rage in the middle of traffic. Waiting for the police to come sort it out is EXACTLY what you need to do in this situation, cupcake.

Yes, that situation is insane. You chose to escalate the situation by confrontation. "Alkie".

Gingersnap
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
I can't speak to the social pathologies of the group here.

Well, we wouldn't expect you to rat out your friends. :D

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, that situation is insane. You chose to escalate the situation by confrontation. "Alkie".

You're an idiot and know nothing of what you're talking about...

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
You're an idiot and know nothing of what you're talking about...

I don't get into road rage situations, I don't have a police record, and I don't wake up hung over - and I'M the idiot? :p:D:p

Rebel Yell
08-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Best way to cure hangover.

1. I don't know why this works, but if you'll take a couple "YellowJackets" that nigh when you start drinking, you won't have a hangover.

2. If you don't do #1, just take 2 Goody Powders with plenty of water. You'll feel better in about 30 minutes or so.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't get into road rage situations, I don't have a police record, and I don't wake up hung over - and I'M the idiot? :p:D:p

You run your mouth about a situation you know nothing about and seem to think it's insane to wait for the police when you've pulled a gun to defend yourself.

Yes, you're an idiot.

But here's the best part... I don't give a shit what you think... Isn't it great? I don't have to prove my actions to you, just the prosecuting attorney. The Prosecutor felt my actions were justified... Case closed..

And I don't have a police record either. :rolleyes:

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Best way to cure hangover.

1. I don't know why this works, but if you'll take a couple "YellowJackets" that nigh when you start drinking, you won't have a hangover.

2. If you don't do #1, just take 2 Goody Powders with plenty of water. You'll feel better in about 30 minutes or so.

What are yellow jackets?

linda22003
08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
But here's the best part... I don't give a shit what you think...

If that were true there wouldn't have been so many responses justifying yourself. I'm glad you got off, though.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:39 AM
If that were true there wouldn't have been so many responses justifying yourself. I'm glad you got off, though.

explaining to you what happened doesn't mean I care what you think.

Gingersnap
08-20-2009, 10:41 AM
What are yellow jackets?

Either big stinging bugs or some kind of dope.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM

I'm not swallowing big stinging bugs again... :mad:

Rockntractor
08-20-2009, 10:43 AM

They were a legal over the counter stimulent that truckers used until they illegalized ephedra.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:44 AM
They were a legal over the counter stimulent that truckers used until they illegalized ephedra.

So speed, gotcha..

Let me go see what I have.

Shannon
08-20-2009, 10:46 AM

I thought they were diet pills.:p

Rebel Yell
08-20-2009, 10:46 AM
What are yellow jackets?

Little black and yellow capsules full of ephedra and caffeine. Picked that trick up during my druggie days.

BSR
08-20-2009, 10:47 AM

I'm going to leave this low hanging fruit alone. I don't need you mad at me AGAIN.

Gingersnap
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not swallowing big stinging bugs again... :mad:

Well, not for free anymore, that's for sure. :D

Rockntractor
08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Before the yellow jacket ephedra copies came out they were. Back in the seventies they contained some sort of amphetamine!

jinxmchue
08-21-2009, 03:02 PM

My cure? I stopped drinking.

RobJohnson
08-21-2009, 03:08 PM
You run your mouth about a situation you know nothing about and seem to think it's insane to wait for the police when you've pulled a gun to defend yourself.

Yes, you're an idiot.

But here's the best part... I don't give a shit what you think... Isn't it great? I don't have to prove my actions to you, just the prosecuting attorney. The Prosecutor felt my actions were justified... Case closed..

And I don't have a police record either. :rolleyes:

If I had to pull a gun on someone, I doubt I would be waiting around, hanging out with the guy waiting for the cops to show up. Did you two go have a beer also? :D

RobJohnson
08-21-2009, 03:09 PM

I've had many, most of them my fault also. :D

BSR
08-21-2009, 03:35 PM
If I had to pull a gun on someone, I doubt I would be waiting around, hanging out with the guy waiting for the cops to show up. Did you two go have a beer also? :D

No, he was in his car and I was in mine... The thing is ,if I pull my weapon then leave that makes me look guilty of a crime. The prosecutor said that the fact that I stayed and the witnesses statements cleared me of any wrong doing.