PDA

View Full Version : Boomers Still Blowing Dope After All These Years.

Gingersnap
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Smoke signals: Baby Boomers still getting high, U.S. agency reports
Posted: August 19, 2009, 9:55 AM by Karen Hawthorne
World, Health

Woodstock may be long gone the music concert love-in that "defined a generation" marked its 40th last weekend but Boomers are still smoking pot and turning to other illegal drugs. Don't be fooled by the short haircuts and more conservative dress sideburns and long, shaggy hair aren't as fashionable as they once were, and don't really fit with tailored suits and loafers.

The U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration reported Wednesday that rates of illegal drug use by the older generation have doubled in recent years. Doubled! As Reuters reports on the statistics:

The rates of people aged 50 to 59 who admit to using illicit drugs in the past year nearly doubled from 5.1% in 2002 to 9.4% in 2007 while rates among all other age groups are the same or decreasing...

So the good people of the Woodstock generation has continued to use illicit drugs as they age. The data used in the study came from various surveys including 16,656 men and women participating in the 2002 through 2007 National Surveys on Drug Use and Health, Reuters notes.

Why? Is it dissatisfaction with stereotypical Boomer wealth, security and cushy retirement plans or do they just like getting high? Probably while they're sitting in their home entertainment centre watching an episode of "Weeds".

Well, that explains the last election cycle.

National Post (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2009/08/19/smoke-signals-baby-boomers-still-getting-high-u-s-agency-reports.aspx)

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Well, that explains the last election cycle.

National Post (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2009/08/19/smoke-signals-baby-boomers-still-getting-high-u-s-agency-reports.aspx)

I would be too but everything caught up with me!

Gingersnap
08-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I would be too but everything caught up with me!

That's just cryptic enough for me to believe that you're high as a kite right this minute. :p

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 02:56 PM
That's just cryptic enough for me to believe that you're high as a kite right this minute. :p

If I thought for one minute I could do it without starting everything else I would be!

FlaGator
08-19-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGWW8KOQio

megimoo
08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bkXgxb66E

Phillygirl
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I know a boomer in California with a medical marijuana card. He spends every day deciding what happy hour he and his squeeze are going to, and what kind of dope they will be smoking.

Bubba Dawg
08-19-2009, 08:41 PM
I never tried any dope but marijuanna.

It made me:

1. Paranoid
2. Hungry
3. Sleepy

In that order.

I don't have to pay the going rate for weed to achieve what comes naturally for me.

PoliCon
08-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I've never once touched any illegal drugs and have never been tempted. Wife has however done a few herself over the years - and now . . . she suffering from a very devastating addition . . . . ME! :cool:

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I've never once touched any illegal drugs and have never been tempted. Wife has however done a few herself over the years - and now . . . she suffering from a very devastating addition . . . . ME! :cool:

It seems that some people will abuse anything!:D

PoliCon
08-19-2009, 11:26 PM
It seems that some people will abuse anything!:D

Yea - but I really LIKE the way she abuses me! I get sooo excited when she puts on the bossy boots!! :D

Rockntractor
08-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Yea - but I really LIKE the way she abuses me! I get sooo excited when she puts on the bossy boots!! :D

The pictures in my mind they won't go away!

PoliCon
08-19-2009, 11:37 PM
The pictures in my mind they won't go away!

HOT huh! ;)

RobJohnson
08-20-2009, 03:06 AM
I know a boomer in California with a medical marijuana card. He spends every day deciding what happy hour he and his squeeze are going to, and what kind of dope they will be smoking.

:eek::D