PDA

View Full Version : Who elected these clowns?

megimoo
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I look at ObamaCare and see the California Budget Mess all over again. When lawmakers promise European-style services at American tax rates, the only sure result is more debt.
But that's what American voters chose when they went for the candidate who promised universal health care with no new taxes for 95 percent of American families. Entitlement is a rush - until the bill comes due.

At a recent Colorado town hall, University of Colorado at Boulder student Zach Lahn asked President Obama how private insurers could be expected to compete with a public health care plan. Lahn, 23, also told Obama, "I'd love to have a debate just all out, anytime, Oxford-style, if you'd like" on health care.

Obama answered that "UPS and FedEx are doing a lot better than the Post Office." (If I were Obama, I wouldn't mention the post office while touting public health care.) Then the president observed, "It's good to see a young person who's very engaged and confident challenging the president to an Oxford-style debate." And: "I like that. You got to have a little chutzpah, you know."

A little chutzpah? Methinks Obama is losing the air of genuineness that served him so well during the 2008 campaign.

Me also thinks I could have been that kid 30 years ago. Except then, the adults around me would have scolded me later for not showing respect for the president's office and experience.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/20/ED0D19AO3N.DTL

Rockntractor
08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Clowns are creepy! Right Ginger?

NJCardFan
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
These clowns were voted in quite simply. The Dems ran on the platform of "We're not Bush". That's all it took. Well, look at where it's getting us.

linda22003
08-20-2009, 11:50 AM
These clowns were voted in quite simply. The Dems ran on the platform of "We're not Bush". That's all it took. Well, look at where it's getting us.

Maybe it would behoove the GOP to run somebody better next time. "We're not Bush" should not have been as effective as it was. Where and who is the rising younger Republican leadership? Are there any who don't quit their jobs in midstream, or cheat publicly on their spouses? :rolleyes:

stsinner
08-20-2009, 11:54 AM

That and the fact that most tough questions were off limits for obvious reasons.

NJCardFan
08-20-2009, 12:27 PM
That and the fact that most tough questions were off limits for obvious reasons.
You don't consider what his favorite flavor of ice cream a tough question?

linda22003
08-20-2009, 12:33 PM
You don't consider what his favorite flavor of ice cream a tough question?

I think he means there was no "boxers or briefs?" question this time.