PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser Bouncie

Teetop
08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
The DUmp. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6353806)

Skidmore Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Aug-20-09 12:58 PM
Original message
My hairdresser this morning told me that she was "resigned to a government takeover of healthcare."

This is a person who votes the way the preacher tells her too. She had cancer at the same time I did and was lucky that her husband was able to keep their insurance when his company forced early retirement. Now she has Medicare, which is fine with her, but she is upset because she heard it will go bankrupt in 2 years and that's just the breaks because now she's finally eligible for it. And she's bought all the garbage about how the taxpayer will be paying for illegal aliens under any reform.

I spent what little time I had to spare explaining that rationing occurs now and more people are cut to maintain the profitability of insurance companies that receive services. She knows that. I also pointed out that if something doesn't happen and Medicare would disappear, it is likely that neither she or I would ever have any coverage if something happens to our husbands because of the type of preexisting conditions we have. She said she stays away from doctors now because she doesn't want to get caught owing anyone anything. So, I pointed out, she has begun rationing her own care.

I told her that if nothing is done, there will be neither coverage nor affordable care in the future for either one of us.

She nods, but says she still doesn't like it that the government will be taking over health care.

Maybe we're making headway in a perverse sort of way.

A "maybe" conversion. 1/2 a bong from me.

Thread seems to just started.

MrsSmith
08-20-2009, 01:53 PM
The DUmp. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6353806)

A "maybe" conversion. 1/2 a bong from me.

Thread seems to just started.

This is a person who votes the way the preacher tells her too.

I sometimes get so tired of this old, wornout lie. :rolleyes: It's true that in some church groups, the "preacher" works for someone like a bishop or a pope...(though most in those groups actually vote Dim), but in conservative churches, the preacher is an employee of the church. A preacher that doesn't preach the Bible, or that displeases the church in other ways, ends up moving on. The church fires him. So to listen to these DUmmies constantly spout this crap about the preacher making like a puppet-master just irritates me. In the land of the free, why are these creatures so resistant to learning anything?

Carol
08-20-2009, 08:50 PM

They are so elitist, proud and narcissistic that they KNOW that they are right. And since they are right then anyone who disagrees is being blindly led or stupid.

Frankly it's what I dislike the most about some liberals and almost all from the far left.

Dan D. Doty
08-20-2009, 09:33 PM
They are so elitist, proud and narcissistic that they KNOW that they are right. And since they are right then anyone who disagrees is being blindly led or stupid.

Frankly it's what I dislike the most about some liberals and almost all from the far left.

I agree Carol; nobody wants to be with , or near someone who thinks they are above every one else.

Teetop
08-21-2009, 12:45 AM

Once you know you're right, what else is there? :confused:

:p:)

NJCardFan
08-21-2009, 11:17 AM
The beauty of this is as if Dems don't vote how someone tells them to. Hell, to DUmmies, what group your in must be how you vote: you're black? You must vote Democrat. You're gay? You must vote Democrat. You're poor? You must vote Democrat. You're a Hollywood actor? You must vote Democrat. And if you're in any of these groups and vote contrary to their thinking, there are dire consequences.