PDA

View Full Version : Just another Saturday . . . .

PoliCon
08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Another full Saturday looking me in the eyes - so I'm posting this now. I have a tag sale to benefit missions - a wedding - and a committee meeting to deal with tomorrow so if I make it online at all - it will be a miracle.

TOTD - do you believe in miracles? If so, have you experienced of witnessed any? And when I say miracles - I don't mean the beautiful sky or the miracle of birth - I mean raising the dead - the blind getting their sight - being fully delivered from drugs/alcohol - that kind of Miracle.

I have had many small miracles myself over the years -but the miracle that stands out the most for me was one where a woman born blind from birth got her sight. You don't forget seeing someone walk in with the cloudy eyes of someone who is blind and walk out with one eye blue and the other brown . . . .

Rockntractor
08-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Off course!

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 02:27 AM
I will also have a busy Saturday, but I don't find it necessary to worry about day threads or "checking in."

I get to visit the doctor for some tests on Saturday....no food after midnight :eek:

TOTD: Yes

linda22003
08-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Very dark and rainy here this morning.

TOTD: Believe in them? I can do them! At six o'clock every evening, the water I've been drinking all day turns to wine, for the rest of the evening. I only know one other person who performed that one.

lacarnut
08-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Very dark and rainy here this morning.

TOTD: Believe in them? I can do them! At six o'clock every evening, the water I've been drinking all day turns to wine, for the rest of the evening. I only know one other person who performed that one.

You and toilet bowl have something in common. Two sots.

TOTD: I have experienced several miracles.

linda22003
08-22-2009, 07:56 AM
You and toilet bowl have something in common. Two sots.

Hardly. I know how to partake without overdoing. I'm not the one who was looking for advice on the "hangover" thread the other day. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
08-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Rainy, rainy rainy here in North Florida but thanks to Bill surfs up at the beach.

TOTD: Yes I believe in miracles and have experienced several. My alcoholism and drug addictions were taken from me with no effort on my part. I prayed to the God to help me and since then I have not felt the compulsion to drink. I did not go through DTs or need detox which was the usual MO when I tried to stop. Its hard to describe, but it was just gone.

It was because of this that I have devoted so much time and effort too learning about God, His will and how He expects me to live out His will.

megimoo
08-22-2009, 08:10 AM
I will also have a busy Saturday, but I don't find it necessary to worry about day threads or "checking in."

I get to visit the doctor for some tests on Saturday....no food after midnight :eek:

TOTD: YesSounds like a 'tube job' ?

FlaGator
08-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Hardly. I know how to partake without overdoing. I'm not the one who was looking for advice on the "hangover" thread the other day. :rolleyes:

Alcoholism is not a matter of not knowing how to partake. An alcoholic simply doesn't have the ability and never had it to begin with.

lacarnut
08-22-2009, 08:11 AM

Drinking every day (at least that is what you implied in your post) makes you an alcoholic. I quit drinking many years ago so your remark about hangover advise does not apply to me other than to provide past experience.

linda22003
08-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Alcoholism is not a matter of not knowing how to partake. An alcoholic simply doesn't have the ability and never had it to begin with.

I'm aware of that, since I've known my share of them. I'm happy that I have the ability. Having a taste for it does NOT automatically denote a problem.

linda22003
08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Drinking every day (at least that is what you implied in your post) makes you an alcoholic. I quit drinking many years ago so your remark about hangover advise does not apply to me other than to provide past experience.

No, you were not the one on the hangover thread. I don't drink EVERY day. I simply prefer a good wine with a Supreme de Volaille a la Veronique rather than Yoo Hoo or Grape NeHi. I don't think that makes me alcoholic. ;)

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Sounds like a 'tube job' ?

Abdominal diagnostic ultrasound.

FlaGator
08-22-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm aware of that, since I've known my share of them. I'm happy that I have the ability. Having a taste for it does NOT automatically denote a problem.

Did I say that it did?

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Did I say that it did?

She must be drunk. :D

(just kidding)

FlaGator
08-22-2009, 01:31 PM
She must be drunk. :D

(just kidding)

Hey... cut her some slack. She only drinks on days with a 'y' .;)

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey... cut her some slack. She only drinks on days with a 'y' .;)

HA!

Shannon
08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Sheesh, people. What was the TOTD?:rolleyes:

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 08:05 PM

Good question. :D

Shannon
08-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Good question. :D
LOL!:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
08-22-2009, 08:24 PM

I think it was something about stem cell research or civil war.:confused:

Shannon
08-22-2009, 11:42 PM
I have to work all day tomorrow. (Yes, my life sucks that much) I'm watching The Goonie's though and I feel better about it.:D

Rockntractor
08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I have to work all day tomorrow. (Yes, my life sucks that much) I'm watching The Goonie's though and I feel better about it.:D

Thats the pits . Not on sunday!

Shannon
08-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Thats the pits . Not on sunday!

It's neverending at this point.

But again, The Goonies are on!