PDA

View Full Version : New lawn furniture

SarasotaRepub
08-22-2009, 10:07 AM
We've been thinking of replacing our old set for a while. Even though
the "old" table is just shy of 2 years old the chairs are pretty beat up.

A outdoor furniture place around here called Forshaw's was having a
sale and we picked this set up last weekend, they delivered it
yesterday.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/2723eb56.jpg

You can see the old stuff in the background. All the chairs tilt and swivel. It's a
bronzy color. We have cushions, just haven't gotten em out yet. And the
table has a lazy Suzann thingy. :D

stsinner
08-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Your posts continually illustrate for me how the other half lives.. Nice set! We have plastic chairs that are so sun-faded that I just bought come Krylon Fusion paint for plastic to, "Refinish," them..

Rockntractor
08-22-2009, 11:24 AM
We've been thinking of replacing our old set for a while. Even though
the "old" table is just shy of 2 years old the chairs are pretty beat up.

A outdoor furniture place around here called Forshaw's was having a
sale and we picked this set up last weekend, they delivered it
yesterday.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/2723eb56.jpg

You can see the old stuff in the background. All the chairs tilt and swivel. It's a
bronzy color. We have cushions, just haven't gotten em out yet. And the
table has a lazy Suzann thingy. :D

It looks very nice! Do you put a piece of glass on top?

SarasotaRepub
08-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Your posts continually illustrate for me how the other half lives.. Nice set! We have plastic chairs that are so sun-faded that I just bought come Krylon Fusion paint for plastic to, "Refinish," them..

Hey, nothing wrong with plastic chairs, I used em for years.:D

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 12:51 PM
It looks like the old set! Very nice & this is the time of year to buy. I picked up a couple of nice chairs for sitting outside at night or after it cools off a little bit this fall.

Did you have to get your own patio for smoking????

:p

SaintLouieWoman
08-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Let us know how that Krylon Fusion paint works. I have a chair in my basement that I'd love to use on the patio as an extra. It's just a really ugly color. Does that paint hold up outdoors OK?

We got a terrific buy on the "old" table in the background. I've learned the hard way that it's greyt to find a table on sale, but almost impossible to find chairs for it. I guess that's why they were selling the glass table so cheap.

The old chairs are about 25 years old that are rusting. My son used them for a while and painted them a white color. He returned them, but everytime I've painted them, the paint chips off. They really need to be sandblasted, but not worth the cost of having it done.

We negotiated on the new set last weekend. I asked them if they'd throw in the matching umbrella stand. It's the type of place that doesn't usually negotiate. To my amazement they agreed with no problems. SR didn't think they'd do it. I said nothing lost if they said no.

No I'm mad that I didn't ask for a new umbrella, too. :D The one in the pic is about 10 years old.

RobJohnson
08-22-2009, 03:26 PM
The old chairs are about 25 years old that are rusting. My son used them for a while and painted them a white color. He returned them, but everytime I've painted them, the paint chips off. They really need to be sandblasted, but not worth the cost of having it done.

Alot of lawn chairs are "powder coated" which makes them more durable

If you sanded them down well before painting, they might last a while longer.

The spray can paints are ok....I used automotive paint with very durable clear coat...it's expensive paint but I usually had something left over from a car I was working on.....I used the same type of base coat/clear coats on exterior doors for houses also...even painted a few shutters for a guy..

SaintLouieWoman
08-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Alot of lawn chairs are "powder coated" which makes them more durable

If you sanded them down well before painting, they might last a while longer.

The spray can paints are ok....I used automotive paint with very durable clear coat...it's expensive paint but I usually had something left over from a car I was working on.....I used the same type of base coat/clear coats on exterior doors for houses also...even painted a few shutters for a guy..

I used some special kind of cleaner that was supposed to remove the old dead paint. Then I sprayed on a primer, then put on the spray paint. Nothing seems to help. These chairs are so old, I'm sure they didn't have that "powder coat" on them originally. Those old chairs were very inexpensive 25 years ago. It's a shame, as the table that I bought had been over $600 (supposedly) and got it on Labor Day clearance for $100. It's a really nice table, but just sick of constantly painting the chairs.

Besides SR wanted swivel chairs that are more comfortable. :D

bijou
08-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Very nice, I have a similar style of garden furniture I couldn't find a pic online but this is the same colour and very similar style except the backs of my chairs are a bit more rounded.

http://www.gardenxtras.com/gardenfurnitureoutlet/productimages/21320074728MetalbistroSet_SML_1072_L.jpg

SarasotaRepub
08-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Good stuff bijou! :)

We were actually hoping to keep the table in the background of the pic (may still) and just find some new chairs but no one was selling just the chairs and we really did get a greyt deal on this new set.

Personally, I like it a lot. And from an eeeeeevil Sith Lord, that's something. :p

Hey, at least if I knock over a drink it'll just drain rather than flooding the whole table.
Bonus!!!! :D

jinxmchue
08-22-2009, 07:49 PM

At least you have outdoor furniture! We 'ad to go live in a lake!

What?

SarasotaRepub
08-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not going to even ask jinx. :D