PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will Obama be on Vacation?

SarasotaRepub
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Hope springs eternal on DU. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6370677)

steelmania75 (558 posts) Sat Aug-22-09 06:19 PM
How Long Will Obama be on Vacation?

Because it's looking like once he gets back to Washington, heads will roll, and I mean GOP and Blue Dog heads.

:eek::D

megimoo
08-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Hope springs eternal on DU. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6370677)

:eek::DShe/He/It must think that Obama is King Louie the fourteenth of France ?

SarasotaRepub
08-22-2009, 07:51 PM
She/He/It must think that Obama is King Louie the fourteenth of France ?

Where the hell is William Rivers Pitt??? He should be writing about this
so it'll be quoted by Raw Story or Mike Malloy or POAC or somebody...:D

michaelsean
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
On the one hand, he had vacation/down-time in Europe and out West, and went sightseeing with his family. That was still 'work' because he had some town-hall meetings and other official, public duties.

So now he's off for his official 'vacation'. Yet during his vacation he'll get daily briefings and have a variety of official duties, just none of them requiring much public attention.

"Vacation" versus "work" is a matter of degree when you're president.

Hmmm....not the thought patterns I recall when Bush would go on vacation.

movie buff
08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Hmmm....not the thought patterns I recall when Bush would go on vacation.

Yeah, I know. The Left loves whining about how much time Bush spent on vacation, but conveniently avoid mentioning that during those "Vacations," he would meet with important representatives, attend majorfunctions, and do other such duties.

AmPat
08-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I heard on Laura's show that one of His Majesty's piss boys in the media reported the president's reading list. I was unimpressed and frankly could care less. Interesting to note was that said piss boy proudly related that his reading would total "2500 pages but he had 10 days."

I couldn't help but think that he should have reserved some time to read about 1800 pages of the Senate and House bills on health care destruction. I'd bet he hasn't read a page.