PDA

View Full Version : It’s Tuesday again!

Rockntractor
08-25-2009, 01:37 AM
I am still working for the wicked witch of Broken Arrow. I Was down all last week the weld broke on one of the cutter pivots for the tree shear. No one in town wanted to tackle it so I had to weld it myself! It has 140,000 pounds of pressure on it.

TOTD:
Last week my laptop was on my toolbox in the powder keg while I was working and Poopie decided to come and visit me. He jumped up on the toolbox and stomped on the display. It only works as a desktop now with a monitor. I just bought another laptop on ebay. I have a tablet, a laptop and now two desktop computers. How many computers do you have and how up to date are they?

RobJohnson
08-25-2009, 01:59 AM
It's Monday night!!!!! :p

I have to take a continuing education course in Las Vegas first thing Tuesday morning. There will be a test! Then I work Tuesday night....it's going to be a long day.

TOTD: After years of always having more then one computer & more then one spare, I am now down to a VAIO laptop (that I did buy off ebay) and another laptop that will not connect online after the last Windows Update (need to remind myself to look at that one of these days)

I had a computer start a house fire once! The inside contents were a total loss...I was not home at the time, I was on vacation!

Rockntractor
08-25-2009, 02:14 AM
It's Monday night!!!!! :p

I have to take a continuing education course in Las Vegas first thing Tuesday morning. There will be a test! Then I work Tuesday night....it's going to be a long day.

TOTD: After years of always having more then one computer & more then one spare, I am now down to a VAIO laptop (that I did buy off ebay) and another laptop that will not connect online after the last Windows Update (need to remind myself to look at that one of these days)

I had a computer start a house fire once! The inside contents were a total loss...I was not home at the time, I was on vacation!

Thats the pits having one burn your house down. I had an hp laptop start a pillow on fire one time when my wife was holding it on her lap in the car!

RobJohnson
08-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Thats the pits having one burn your house down. I had an hp laptop start a pillow on fire one time when my wife was holding it on her lap in the car!

Holy smokes!

RobJohnson
08-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Due to this early thread, when I wake up it will feel like Wednesday

lacarnut
08-25-2009, 08:31 AM
TOTD: I had 3 computers; gave one to my brother and kept the old one as a spare. Need to get rid of the bulky CRT monitor and buy a laptop. Borrowing my brother's when I got to the beach next week.

Gingersnap
08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
It's still coolish and it rained quite a bit last night. Note to self - avoid hard lemonade. I had 3 and that was probably 2 too many. :p

TOTD: I'm immersed in high tech wizardry all day long. I have 3 systems on my desk. Plus, a room loaded with servers and telemetry equipment. You'd think this make me addicted to the bleeding edge of computer technology....but not so much.

My home system is wildly out of date. It's so old that I no longer bother to update the virus detection software. Basically, no current hacker would be interested in such an old, clunky operating system. Even I have had to realize that I need to reinvent my hardware/software profile within a few months, however.

I'm vaguely looking at a wireless laptop for myself and a workstation for Mr. Snaps.

Paco
08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Yay. Tuesday. Hour commute to an 8am class >_<

TOTD:
Home:
Laptop - half a year old. Its getting Win7Enterprise after i get it imaged
Desktop #1 - 4.59 TiB usable diskspace. rather old (4 years).
Desktop #2 - Really old, built it when i was in highschool (7 years old)
Laptop from work

Two desktops not plugged in, one has Server 2008 on it, one 3yrs old the other is 4yrs

Work (AcctFirm):
Lots of servers, mostly dell poweredges but there are 7 boxes i hand built for them (3 Hyper-V boxes, 2 SAN boxes [16x1TB drives over RAID6], 1 Terminal Server, 1 misc use box)

The servers at work are rather out of date due to the "No updates/restarts during tax season" rule and are in the process of being caught up (Maintence window is only two hours on sunday night)

Work (Tech College):
A few new servers, mostly hand-me-downs.

Rockntractor
08-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Yay. Tuesday. Hour commute to an 8am class >_<

TOTD:
Home:
Laptop - half a year old. Its getting Win7Enterprise after i get it imaged
Desktop #1 - 4.59 TiB usable diskspace. rather old (4 years).
Desktop #2 - Really old, built it when i was in highschool (7 years old)
Laptop from work

Two desktops not plugged in, one has Server 2008 on it, one 3yrs old the other is 4yrs

Work (AcctFirm):
Lots of servers, mostly dell poweredges but there are 7 boxes i hand built for them (3 Hyper-V boxes, 2 SAN boxes [16x1TB drives over RAID6], 1 Terminal Server, 1 misc use box)

The servers at work are rather out of date due to the "No updates/restarts during tax season" rule and are in the process of being caught up (Maintence window is only two hours on sunday night)

Work (Tech College):
A few new servers, mostly hand-me-downs.

It sounds like you have enough storage space to save all the knowledge in the civilized world!

Paco
08-25-2009, 10:31 AM
It sounds like you have enough storage space to save all the knowledge in the civilized world!

Only if its in plain-text and compressed :P

Shannon
08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
It's hot.

TOTD: I have never owned a laptop. I don't ever plan on owning one. I have one home computer. I probably wouldn't even own that if I didn't have a child.

BadCat
08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I have 6 networked computers in my home office, all Pentiums, with RAM ranging from 2 to 16 GB, I have 8 TB storage space. 5 of the machines run Linux, one runs Windoz. The keyboard/mouse setup is all wireless, I have a switch to route them all through two monitors.

I have more computers at work than you can believe. One of the systems I designed is currently hosting services on 55 different machines on various networks. I have 5 personal machines in my office. 2 Windoz, 1 Solaris, 1 Linux and 1 MacOS.

RobJohnson
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
It's 90 already. Humidity is a little higher then normal due to some rain.

I've been to Vegas and back already....interesting morning. I think it's time for a nap so I can stay awake at work later today!