PDA

View Full Version : Fast-Forward Friday

linda22003
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm in trouble for posting this on Thursday, I'm sure, but I'd also be in trouble if I skipped tomorrow, and that's the choice. I'm out of here first thing in the morning and won't be online again until late afternoon.

TOTD (tomorrow): How fast do you cut your losses? Does it change as you age? I used to have a half-hour rule on movies; now I think it's down to ten minutes. I still have a fifty page rule on books - if you don't like it at that point, you never will.

How long do you give movies, books, cars, relationships? :)

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm in trouble for posting this on Thursday, I'm sure, but I'd also be in trouble if I skipped tomorrow, and that's the choice. I'm out of here first thing in the morning and won't be online again until late afternoon.

TOTD (tomorrow): How fast do you cut your losses? Does it change as you age? I used to have a half-hour rule on movies; now I think it's down to ten minutes. I still have a fifty page rule on books - if you don't like it at that point, you never will.

How long do you give movies, books, cars, relationships? :)
I drive my vehicles till the wheels fall off. Iv'e been married 27 years and I'll probably drive her till the wheels fall off!

BadCat
08-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I drive my vehicles till the wheels fall off. Iv'e been married 27 years and I'll probably drive her till the wheels fall off!

I give relationships one night.
Everything else gets more time.

Shannon
08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Linda!:mad:

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Linda!:mad:

Mrs. Numbers is just using a little forethought.

BadCat
08-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Mrs. Numbers is just using a little forethought.

Anything anyone can do to mess up a day thread is alright by me.

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Anything anyone can do to mess up a day thread is alright by me.
Come on Badcat. It adds something familiar to every day.

BadCat
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Come on Badcat. It adds something familiar to every day.

You know the "history" of the day threads here?

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 10:19 PM
You know the "history" of the day threads here?
I know cold water crystal warrior closet used to do the sunday thread!

BadCat
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I know cold water crystal warrior closet used to do the sunday thread!

Even before his time, there were day threads.

There was a red headed lounge lizard chick named Dee, who started the day thread thing. Dee is no longer with us, she swiped a few husbands on the board and ran off.

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM

There was a red headed lounge lizard chick named Dee, who started the day thread thing. Dee is no longer with us, she swiped a few husbands on the board and ran off.

The Young and the Restless!

BadCat
08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
The Young and the Restless!

That would be an apt description.

Anyway, the day threads should have left with her, it's not like we don't get a really good thread here every day.

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
That would be an apt description.

Anyway, the day threads should have left with her, it's not like we don't get a really good thread here every day.

Like I said though it is nice to have a routine.

BadCat
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Like I said though it is nice to have a routine.

I see your point, but I want to know this...do the people who have "assigned" day threads wake up in the morning and say "Oh shit, I gotta get on CU and post my day thread!!!!!!!"?

Rockntractor
08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I see your point, but I want to know this...do the people who have "assigned" day threads wake up in the morning and say "Oh shit, I gotta get on CU and post my day thread!!!!!!!"?

I usually make it in word and copy and paste it later.

patriot45
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM

If I remember she also racked up a thousand posts in one day in a contest with a guy named cclanoffish or something! Those were memorable times back then, lots of drama!

BadCat
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
If I remember she also racked up a thousand posts in one day in a contest with a guy named cclanoffish or something! Those were memorable times back then, lots of drama!

LOTS of drama.

Gingersnap
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM

Yes, some do. Some plan out topics for weeks (LL did that). Either way, this is a light-hearted effort that many people enjoy even if others dislike it.

Here's a tip: if you don't like Day Threads, post an equally or more engaging open-ended topic in the Lounge that doesn't have anything to do with sex, drugs, or rock n' roll.

Crap, now I forgot the TOTD. :mad:

BadCat
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes, some do. Some plan out topics for weeks (LL did that). Either way, this is a light-hearted effort that many people enjoy even if others dislike it.

Here's a tip: if you don't like Day Threads, post an equally or more engaging open-ended topic in the Lounge that doesn't have anything to do with sex, drugs, or rock n' roll.

There was a TOTD?

patriot45
08-27-2009, 11:00 PM

TOTD: I like bad movies so even if they suck I'll finish it, books not so much, Its only been a few of them but if they piss me off I drop them!

Gingersnap
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
There was a TOTD?

Apparently so. Now go back to hacking into the Pentagon and messing with all their "Don't ask - don't tell" files. :p

RobJohnson
08-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Hi Linda, I hope you have a great Friday.

TOTD: I cut ties with stupid people pretty quickly anymore, I don't have time for drama. Life is too short!

Of course that might explain why in the past 15 months I have dated seven ladies, the longest was for 12 weeks...the only reason why I kept her around longer then the rest was....well you understand. :p

Crystal Wizard
08-28-2009, 03:05 AM

I remember Dee.

RobJohnson
08-28-2009, 04:58 AM
I remember Dee.

Every forum has a home-wrecker!

Gingersnap
08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Man, I'm glad it's finally Friday. This week has not been one of my best.

TOTD: It depends. I no longer slog through books that are uninteresting in the first 50 pages. If I am alone, I will leave a movie inside of 20 minutes if it's lame but I'll stay if I'm with someone who seems to be enjoying it. Ditto for various live performances.

I'll give a friendship every chance I can but if it becomes clear that the relationship is destructive or abusive toward me, I'll end it. When this happens (and it's not a very frequent thing), this means that I don't take calls, IMs, emails, read letters, or otherwise communicate with the former friend. I just don't have the skills to deal with the drama.

Lars1701a
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
I remember Dee's name but dont remember the drama, can someone fill me in on it?:confused:

Gingersnap
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I remember Dee's name but dont remember the drama, can someone fill me in on it?:confused:

http://i28.tinypic.com/m9x1jl.jpg

:D

MountainMan
08-28-2009, 09:51 AM

What Ginger said.

Lars1701a
08-28-2009, 09:52 AM
http://i28.tinypic.com/m9x1jl.jpg

:D

Inquiring minds want to know :D

MountainMan
08-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Inquiring minds want to know :D

Only an eagles fan would want to know........:rolleyes:

Lars1701a
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Only an eagles fan would want to know........:rolleyes:

How have you been satanica?

Shannon
08-28-2009, 11:05 AM
It's hot today. I'm contemplating ripping all of the phones out of the wall. Same as it ever was.

TOTD: I get more impatient as each year passes. I have a hard time not finishing a book though. Even if I'm rolling my eyes while reading it, something just seems wrong to me about not finishing a book.

linda22003
08-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Pretty much. If I don't have a topic I stress about it a little on the way to work.