PDA

View Full Version : Fair warning from Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude
07-13-2008, 11:23 PM
If I catch you as one of my last 10 visitors to check out my profile, I will befriend you. Regardless, I may still befriend you.

Et tu, Brute? :p

You know who you are.

lurkalot
07-13-2008, 11:38 PM
If I catch you as one of my last 10 visitors to check out my profile, I will befriend you. Regardless, I may still befriend you.

Et tu, Brute? :p

You know who you are.

ain't gonna happen..i'm not allowed to have friends...

BEG
07-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Holy crap, you have a whole gaggle of them.

Schadenfreude
07-13-2008, 11:40 PM

Oh yeah.... ?.... Well who is your current boyfriend? Ima stealing him from you. :D

Shannon
07-13-2008, 11:40 PM

*puts Lurk on ignore*

Schadenfreude
07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Holy crap, you have a whole gaggle of them.

A group of my friends are not to be referred to as gaggles, they are my cadre.... the elite.... the proud.

Goldwater
07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
This is why I don't click profiles. :p

Schadenfreude
07-13-2008, 11:42 PM
*puts Lurk on ignore*

Did somebody say something?

Schadenfreude
07-13-2008, 11:43 PM
This is why I don't click profiles. :p

I have been waiting for you child.

Goldwater
07-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I have been waiting for you child.

:eek:

Get to the Church people!

Schadenfreude
07-13-2008, 11:50 PM
:eek:

Get to the Church people!

I don't bite......hard.

I know that's a tired and oft-used saying, but it has been a long week and weekend.

lurkalot
07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah.... ?.... Well who is your current boyfriend? Ima stealing him from you. :D

can't he's on the phone with me now :)

Schadenfreude
07-14-2008, 12:12 AM
can't he's on the phone with me now :)

I know. Just kidding, I don't know, but I thought that would add some drama. Little old me is just sitting here at the kitchen table by my lonesome. :p

lurkalot
07-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I know. Just kidding, I don't know, but I thought that would add some drama. Little old me is just sitting here at the kitchen table by my lonesome. :p

u should hear his voice....think trace atkins

Schadenfreude
07-14-2008, 12:25 AM

I can see you won't give him up without a fight and I am too tired tonight..... good night lurky. :p

LibraryLady
07-14-2008, 12:26 AM

He's from a town just down the road form me. One of my cousins lives in Sarepta.

lurkalot
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8NR_9YEcLw

LibraryLady
07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8NR_9YEcLw

Darn, I need to go take a cold shower. That is one sexy man.

Have you seen "You're Gonna Miss This". As a momma of a teen, it breaks my heart.

Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss This Lyrics

She was staring out the window of that SUV
Complaning, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"
She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"
Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school
Then she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new bride
In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by
He tells her "It's a nice place"
She says "It'll do for now"
Starts talking about babies and buying a house
Daddy shakes his head and says "Baby, just slow down"

Cause you're gonna miss this
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
She keeps apologizin'
He says "They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23.
Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9XfJxMY8A

Sarepta plays host to Trace Adkins
Written by Jana Ryan
Monday, 03 March 2008
American country music singer-songwriter Trace Adkins returned home to Sarepta this past weekend to film a music video for his newly released single, “You’re Gonna Miss This.”

The ballad, sung in three acts, depicts various stages of life that one doesn’t realize he/she will miss until that time has passed.

According to the video’s director, Peter Zavadil, Tail Light TV crews were in the area Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week filming various shots for the video. Scenes of Adkins visiting childhood haunts, including Sarepta High School, were shot Saturday.

“You’re Gonna Miss This” is included on Adkins’ latest album, a second greatest hits compilation titled, “American Man: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2”, which was released on Dec. 4, 2007. The song was written by Lee Thomas Miller and Ashley Gorley.

Zavadil said the video will be multifaceted - not only telling the story of those portrayed by the song, but how the concept affects Adkins.

“The idea of this song is, cherish the moments of your life,” said Zavadil, who has been on the country music scene since the 90s. “It’s a powerful song - a great thing. He (Adkins) has a powerful voice, but he sings this song with a tone of he’s been there, and he’s sincere.”

Zavadil said Adkins has always felt an affinity with his hometown and roots.

“He’s very close to his mom and dad and this is home to him,” said Zavadil. “When he started thinking about the video, he decided he wanted to go back to his roots - where he played football, where he went to school.”

The director, who received CMA (Country Music Association) awards for his work on Brad Paisley’s “I’m Gonna Miss Her” and Sarah Evans’ “Born to Fly” videos, said in order to acquire an authenticity to Adkins’ video, he decided to use locals during filming.

“There will be some local folks playing roles and parts,” said Zavadil. “We like using real people and real locals. If you know folks from the Sarepta and Springhill area, you’ll probably recognize someone in the video.”

Adkins made his debut in 1996 with the single, “There’s a Girl in Texas”, which reached Top 20 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks charts. It was followed by the release of his debut album, “Dreamin’ Out Loud”, which also included his first Number One single, “(This Ain’t) No Thinkin’ Thing”.

Between 1996 and the present, Adkins has charted more than 20 singles on the Billboard country music charts and recorded seven studio albums and two greatest hits compilations.

Adkins also recently released his first book titled, “A Personal Stand: Observations and Opinions from a Free-Thinking Roughneck.”

“We’re looking forward to this with great anticipation,” Sarepta Mayor E.L. Edwards said Friday prior to Adkins’ arrival. “He always stands up and says he’s proud to be from Sarepta. Most people, they forget their grassroots and where they’re from, but he has always been proud of Sarepta. He’s proud to be a Hornet and we’re proud of him.”

When asked if he would be making his acting debut in Adkins’ video, Edwards laughed and said, “Maybe he’ll need an old man in it for a grandpa.”

As “You’re Gonna Miss This” has already hit the airwaves, production of the video will be expedited and country music fans should be able to view the video within two to three weeks.

lurkalot
07-14-2008, 01:13 AM
That song brings tears to my eyes! One day at work I was talking about something the little bug did that was just a typical kid thing, frustrating....and my chief of engineering who is a grandpa looked at me and said "you're gonna miss this" and I teared up...
he is an incredible musician and absolutely NOT hard on the eyes...

lurkalot
07-14-2008, 01:15 AM
He's from a town just down the road form me. One of my cousins lives in Sarepta.
OMG
First thing I would do is get a picture of myself in front of his childhood house just to say I was there!

jinxmchue
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
When I'm your friend, will I get to see your jahoobies? Friends show other friends their jahoobies, you know.

BEG
07-14-2008, 12:19 PM
When I'm your friend, will I get to see your jahoobies? Friends show other friends their jahoobies, you know.

I've seen them but I don't think you will be as good a friend. :p

jinxmchue
07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I've seen them but I don't think you will be as good a friend. :p

Yeah, I was just making crap up anyway. ;)

Schadenfreude
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I was just making crap up anyway. ;)

Awwww..... you burst my bubble. :p

jinxmchue
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Awwww..... you burst my bubble. :p

Hey, don't let me making up stuff hinder you from showing your jahoobies if you really want to. :D

Schadenfreude
07-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey, don't let me making up stuff hinder you from showing your jahoobies if you really want to. :D

Jinxy you sly little fox. :D