PDA

View Full Version : What's Up For Saturday?

Gingersnap
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Not a Day Thread, just a curiosity thread. I had nothing going tonight so I pruned some vines and obsessed about my phone issues (see Whiny thread).

Tomorrow, I have take the canine crew in for their anti-Cujo shots (always fun) and then have a little get-together involving BBQ. What's up for you?

Rockntractor
08-28-2009, 09:51 PM
I've got to get a hydraulic cylinder welded And then I have two notebooks to work on for a friend!

Zathras
08-28-2009, 10:08 PM
depending of how I feel, it will either be a day at the beach or taking part in a Warmachine tournament.

And if I'm at home at 9pm tommorow night, I'll be watching this on SyFy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o

Bubba Dawg
08-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Unpack. Do laundry. Go to the grocery store.

While we were gone a big assed tree fell along our driveway, partially blocking it. My uncle opened the drive but there's more work to do.

My driveway is 1/2 mile long up a mountain. The tree that fell was on a neighbor's property but still affected our path up the mountain.

I have a date with a chain saw...which reminds me, I wonder how Shannon is doing....???:D:p

runs

Shannon
08-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I just finished cleaning the house. I have to work all day tomorrow then come home to the in-laws. It doesn't get any better than that.

Rockntractor
08-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Unpack. Do laundry. Go to the grocery store.

While we were gone a big assed tree fell along our driveway, partially blocking it. My uncle opened the drive but there's more work to do.

My driveway is 1/2 mile long up a mountain. The tree that fell was on a neighbor's property but still affected our path up the mountain.

I have a date with a chain saw...which reminds me, I wonder how Shannon is doing....???:D:p

runs

Shannon was upset because you were gone but i calmed her down

Bubba Dawg
08-28-2009, 10:35 PM

Good man, Rock.

She's a sweetheart. I knew she'd miss me. :)

A day without Bubba is a day without sunshine.

Shannon
08-28-2009, 10:37 PM

I'm pretty sure he read the thread.

Gingersnap
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I just finished cleaning the house. I have to work all day tomorrow then come home to the in-laws. It doesn't get any better than that.

Special occasion? The in-law part, I mean. Say, that reminds me - has anybody seen 'Hoarders'? Talk about must see TV. :eek:

Rockntractor
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm pretty sure he read the thread.

Hmm! Must be in a different thread. Maybe it got deleted in the crash. Yeah thats it the crash!

Shannon
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Special occasion? The in-law part, I mean. Say, that reminds me - has anybody seen 'Hoarders'? Talk about must see TV. :eek:

No. They take any oppurtunity to make my life miserable.

Hoarders? I might have seen the previews. Is that about the crazy people that never throw anything away?

MountainMan
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm getting back in my boat tomorrow......to track down why it overheated last week... :mad:

I am hoping it isnt the impeller in the out-drive. Personally I would be fine with a hole in a water line since that would be an easy fix. Then after that I hope to pan out some gold concentrates in the back yard with a beer or six.

Rockntractor
08-28-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm getting back in my boat tomorrow......to track down why it overheated last week... :mad:

I am hoping it isnt the impeller in the out-drive. Personally I would be fine with a hole in a water line since that would be an easy fix. Then after that I hope to pan out some gold concentrates in the back yard with a beer or six.
You've got gold in your backyard? Cool!

MountainMan
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
You've got gold in your backyard? Cool!

I wish....Ive been panning for gold in Western Washington this year quite a bit. What I do is get it down into concentrates and bring it back home where I can relax in my lawn chair and spend the time getting the flour gold out.

MountainMan
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok, it is time for getting a pizza....Catch you all later.

Gingersnap
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Hoarders? I might have seen the previews. Is that about the crazy people that never throw anything away?

Bingo! I have OCD and they claim this hoarding thing is some kind of flip-side to that so I DVR it. I feel awful for these people. I'll admit that maybe I'm too quick to junk stuff or maybe I my love affair with Clorox Cleaner is somewhat unnatural but my house is really a home and other people seem to enjoy it as much as I do.

These poor folks are trapped by their stuff. I mean literally. They can't function in their environments and they can't ask for help from their friends because it's too awful. One gal got divorced over her thrift store mania. Another gal couldn't stop buying or getting food (she was chunky but not huge). She let pumpkins and other foods just rot in her living room. :eek:

Her son tried to reason with her but you could tell she wasn't getting it.

The only real "success" story I've seen so far was this disabled dude who got into public housing off the street. His place was horrific. The landlord gave him 10 days to get it together. He totally took advantage of show resources and got with the program. Everything aside from his relatively few books went. In the end he had a very nice, masculine apartment with few frills but lots of functional space.

He was on a spiritual journey and he said that he just decided to junk anything that wouldn't help him with that goal.

Bubba Dawg
08-28-2009, 11:45 PM
I wish....Ive been panning for gold in Western Washington this year quite a bit. What I do is get it down into concentrates and bring it back home where I can relax in my lawn chair and spend the time getting the flour gold out.

Cool.

Hey, I live about 60 miles from Dahlonega Georgia. There's gold in them thar hills....etc.....

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 01:45 AM
My third vacation of the summer starts next Friday & I need to knock out a few small projects first. Today I called in sick to work!

djones520
08-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Sleep. Working the mid-shifts this month.

AlmostThere
08-29-2009, 04:15 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z82/lap0118/ceilingpatched.jpg (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/%3Ca%20href=)

Teetop
08-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Going to work, in an hour. :(

Troll
08-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Watching UFC 102 with some friends tonight, GO RANDY!

Up until then, probably just going to bum around.

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm still fighting a sinus infection. My head is pounding, but I hope to do something fun later.

linda22003
08-29-2009, 05:26 PM

If it is must see, you must tell me what network it's on, and when. I haven't seen any ads for it.

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 08:43 PM
If it is must see, you must tell me what network it's on, and when. I haven't seen any ads for it.

A&E - Mondays 10/9c. You will feel pity for these people. It's a horrifying way to live. :(

Goldwater
08-29-2009, 09:12 PM
I like how we've given up on finding words beginning with S. :D

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I like how we've given up on finding words beginning with S. :D

This wasn't a Day thread. :p

My little afternoon BBQ went well (I'm stuffed). The dog thing was a riot - I mean pretty much literally. I decided to go to the "rabies clinic" instead of making a regular appointment. We got there way early and there were maybe 25 people ahead of us. All was well until somebody with an Australian Shepherd joined the line. That dog had issues. After flipping around like a harpooned whale, it slipped it's collar and rampaged down the line causing the predictable commotion. A quick guy snagged the dog by the back legs and order was restored. :D