PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone drinking tonight?

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2009, 11:37 PM
In honor of WE...:D

We just got back from the gym and stopping for some dinner at a place
near the gym.

I'm having a Ketel One martini with two olives tonight!:D

Rockntractor
08-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Ice cold orange cream soda!

Bubba Dawg
08-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Cheap scotch. Ballantines on the rocks.

Spent all my money on vacation. Ballantines and dry vermouth. Rob Roy on the rocks.

I'm about to hit the hay.

Rockntractor
08-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Cheap scotch. Ballantines on the rocks.

Spent all my money on vacation. Ballantines and dry vermouth. Rob Roy on the rocks.

I'm about to hit the hay.

I'm surprised you and helmet head are still awake. Normally your both in bed by nine!:D

Gingersnap
08-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Sam Adams Boston Lager.

*yawn*

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm surprised you and helmet head are still awake. Normally your both in bed by nine!:D

Hey! It's Friday night! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:D

Bubba Dawg
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM

I'm about to crash. I drove from Edisto until just after 7:00 so I'm winding down.

And I don't have to work tomorrow. I mean, I don't have to go to work. I've got a tree to cut up. That ain't really work. :D

CorwinK
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
12 year Chevas on the rocks :-)

megimoo
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Teetotallers more likely to be depressed

Abstaining from alcohol consumption is associated with an increased risk of depression according to a new study published in Addiction journal.

http://www.physorg.com/news170682502.html

Shannon
08-29-2009, 12:09 AM
12 year Chevas on the rocks :-)

I don't recall ever serving Chevas in all my years of bartending.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 12:12 AM

Abstaining from alcohol consumption is associated with an increased risk of depression according to a new study published in Addiction journal.

That whole story bums me out!

megimoo
08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
IW Harpers John Collins !

Sonnabend
08-29-2009, 12:59 AM
In honor of WE...:D

Sorry, I have no intention of becoming a hopeless,lying alcoholic.

BUT

I'll have a small Scotch, neat.

djones520
08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Coke

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Powerade. I woke up a little under the weather & had to visit the doctor today. Trying to avoid dehydration, which is hard when it's 111 outside & you are sick. :cool:

lacarnut
08-29-2009, 02:59 AM

Anyone that believes this bullshit needs their heads examined. This article says it's ok for a man to have 3 to 4 drinks EVERY Day and a woman 2 to 3. Drinking each and every day makes you an alcoholic. It would be interesting to know the percentage of those on drugs ( booze & Rx) compared to teetotalers that committed suicide .

I am drink a root-beer.

CorwinK
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't recall ever serving Chevas in all my years of bartending.

eh...ran outta Johnny Walker bout 2 weeks back so im survivin on chevas hehe.

SarasotaRepub
08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Coke

My God! :eek: He's doin drugs!!! :D

BadCat
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Powerade. I woke up a little under the weather & had to visit the doctor today. Trying to avoid dehydration, which is hard when it's 111 outside & you are sick. :cool:

I'll be in your town the end of October. I'll buy you a drink.

Stop by the castle place before then and tell Theresa to be ready.

Teetop
08-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Last night? Keystone Light.

Tonight? Keystone Light.

etc., etc.

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I'll be in your town the end of October. I'll buy you a drink.

Stop by the castle place before then and tell Theresa to be ready.

I hear they have alot of "turnover" at the castle place, aka: The Kingdom Gentleman's Club. The owner of the place also owns a brothel out in Crystal, NV & was arrested for trying to bribe a city offcial...she wore a wire and he's in big trouble. :eek::)

Just because the "castle" is on the highway, at a busy intersection, I don't understand why no one wants to use the parking lot. They park other places and walk there...

I do look forward to seeing you again, hopefully our bartender will have a smaller ass by then. Of course, there was enough other eye candy to make up for it I guess.

Teetop
08-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Just got off of work, got a case of Shiner Bock...

It sure tastes good!:D

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Just got off of work, got a case of Shiner Bock...

It sure tastes good!:D

Good beer. I rarely drink beer but I enjoy Shiner Bock.

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm working on another Sam Adams.

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 08:59 PM

Do you also drink whisky or just beer and/or wine?

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 09:00 PM

Boiler makers and she belches when she is done!

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Boiler makers and she belches when she is done!

Interesting. I always figured Ginger for a Depth Charge kind of gal......:D

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Interesting. I always figured Ginger for a Depth Charge kind of gal......:D
How are they different from a boiler maker?

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 09:31 PM

I enjoy a gin and tonic now and then and I won't turn up my nose at a good bourbon. I have a real weakness for B&B in the depths of winter. When I order a cocktail I like to order an Aviator and make those guys sweat. I also like real martinis - don't shove a pretty glass of straight gin or vodka at me!

I'm not really much of a wine fan aside from some of the German wines.

I do like some oddball things like Strega and various liqueurs.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 09:34 PM
I enjoy a gin and tonic now and then and I won't turn up my nose at a good bourbon. I have a real weakness for B&B in the depths of winter. When I order a cocktail I like to order an Aviator and make those guys sweat. I also like real martinis - don't shove a pretty glass of straight gin or vodka at me!

I'm not really much of a wine fan aside from some of the German wines.

I do like some oddball things like Strega and various liqueurs.
I almost got hit by a train one night drinking Blue Nun.

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 09:36 PM
How are they different from a boiler maker?

In a depth charge, you drop the shot glass of whisky into the mug of beer. I'm not really a fan but it's out there. You could do it with cheap whisky and cheap beer and it not be a waste, but with decent whisky I'd never do it. I got scruples.

There's a cocktail called a depth charge but I don't know what's in it. Seems like it's a lot of stuff.

patriot45
08-29-2009, 09:37 PM

I got hit by a nun when drinking night train once!

:D

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 09:38 PM
In a depth charge, you drop the shot glass of whisky into the mug of beer. I'm not really a fan but it's out there. You could do it with cheap whisky and cheap beer and it not be a waste, but with decent whisky I'd never do it. I got scruples.

There's a cocktail called a depth charge but I don't know what's in it. Seems like it's a lot of stuff.

That is basically what we called a boiler maker.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 09:41 PM

Good one! At least she didn't have a deafening horn and a light that was so bright it almost fried you and then there was the ground rumbling at the same time!

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Haven't we all?

patriot45
08-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Vodka and mountain dew here, wonder what Lars is downing! :D Hes in the dome!

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Vodka and mountain dew here, wonder what Lars is downing! :D Hes in the dome!

Propane and 7-Up? :p

People are so twitchy.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Haven't we all?

I'm dead serious I was about 17 years old. I drank in bars with a fake ID. It missed my car by inches It scared me so bad I stopped the car and shook for about a half hour. After I smoked a joint I was alright though and I drove home!

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm dead serious I was about 17 years old. I drank in bars with a fake ID. It missed my car by inches It scared me so bad I stopped the car and shook for about a half hour. After I smoked a joint I was alright though and I drove home!

You drank Blue Nun in a bar? I mean, what kind of roadhouse serves Blue Nun? Even back in the day? :D

SarasotaRepub
08-29-2009, 10:10 PM

OK, that made me LOL. Another martini tonight but the olives
have garlic in them tonight. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 10:20 PM
OK, that made me LOL. Another martini tonight but the olives
have garlic in them tonight. :cool:

Born to be wi-i--i-i-ild........:D

BadCat
08-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Band rehearsal tonight, I'm drinking iced coffee.

SarasotaRepub
08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Born to be wi-i--i-i-ild........:D

Well after watching the Mega Shark/Octo disaster...:D

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
You drank Blue Nun in a bar? I mean, what kind of roadhouse serves Blue Nun? Even back in the day? :D

We had a hippie wine bar in town that had live music every night. If you wanted really good weed you went there.

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Well after watching the Mega Shark/Octo disaster...:D

I haven't seen it but I do enjoy a good bad sci/fi movie.

Zombies come to mind.

SarasotaRepub
08-29-2009, 10:47 PM
I haven't seen it but I do enjoy a good bad sci/fi movie.

Zombies come to mind.

Well truth be told SLW got me four very cool Martini glasses when we were
out in Calif. We picked em up at a place in La Jolla so they must be used. :D

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 10:51 PM

I also had a fake ID when 17 but it was rare to be carded. I was a mature kid. :D

Now everyone thinks I'm 10 to 15 years younger then I really am. :p

A bunch of us got in trouble at private school, due to booze that was bought with my ID!

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Well truth be told SLW got me four very cool Martini glasses when we were
out in Calif. We picked em up at a place in La Jolla so they must be used. :D

Be a shame to waste 'em.

The thing about a martini glass is that they are a perfect measure of sobriety. When you can no longer manage the drink in a martini glass, you've had enough......

....or should switch to something in a highball glass.

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM

I have Sam Adams Cherry Wheat in the fridge. Not bad, for those rare occasions I drink.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I also had a fake ID when 17 but it was rare to be carded. I was a mature kid. :D

Now everyone thinks I'm 10 to 15 years younger then I really am. :p

A bunch of us got in trouble at private school, due to booze that was bought with my ID!
At 15 I was 6'2"" and 180 pounds but I had a baby face. I started drinking in bars at when I was 15 and came home plastered on a regular basis!

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 11:31 PM
I have Sam Adams Cherry Wheat in the fridge. Not bad, for those rare occasions I drink.

Sam Adams is our "beer fridge" beer. Out here you get so snooty because everybody and his brother has a craft brew operation. This isn't to say that a lot of Colorado people don't crack open a Coors or Bud when they feel moved to do so. There's just so much to try in terms of craft beers. You'd never be able to become really familiar with even 50% of the market.

My darn chiropractor is right next door to a brewery. :D

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Sam Adams is our "beer fridge" beer. Out here you get so snooty because everybody and his brother has a craft brew operation. This isn't to say that a lot of Colorado people don't crack open a Coors or Bud when they feel moved to do so. There's just so much to try in terms of craft beers. You'd never be able to become really familiar with even 50% of the market.

My darn chiropractor is right next door to a brewery. :D

I thought Coors would be the most popular there! The cans even change colors so you know it's cold.

stsinner
08-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Tonight I had three Army buddies over, and the drink of choice was 100 proof vodka, chased with Diet Coke.. Dammit!!! Those fuckers show up at the most inopportune of times..

Don't ask any stupid questions, as I'm likely to give a stupid answer...

As I look over at my aquarium, I think I'm regretting buying that plecostomus.. He is supposed to clean the tank, but every time I see him he has a 6" shit hanging out of his ass.. .. Can his sucking on the glass possibly offset that contribution?

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 11:42 PM
I thought Coors would be the most popular there! The cans even change colors so you know it's cold.

Yeah. The Coors Express even starts in Colorado.

What gives?

stsinner
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
When I was a Field Service Engineer for a previous employer, I had the displeasure of flying into Ogden, Utah.. I was at the airport bar and drinking beer.. Let me rephrase.. BEERS.. I finally asked the bartender if the beers were non-alcoholic, and I was informed that in Utah beer at a public bar is limited to 3%... So, basically, due to ignorance of the Mormom laws, I was being charged full price for half-effective beer... What a crazy state!

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Tonight I had three Army buddies over, and the drink of choice was 100 proof vodka, chased with Diet Coke.. Dammit!!! Those fuckers show up at the most inopportune of times..

As I look over at my aquarium, I think I'm regretting buying that plecostomus.. He is supposed to clean the tank, but every time I see him he has a 6" shit hanging out of his ass.. .. Can his sucking on the glass possibly offset that contribution?

I'd be willing to be that your plecostomus has a plan. He's biding his time until the right moment and then he will POUNCE.

Then he'll have a foot and a half of shit hanging from his ass. All you'll have to do is wipe it......um....I'm glad I don't have an aquarium.

I was trying to cheer you up. Guess that didn't work.

I'm gonna leave it at that.

Have a nice day.....:)

SarasotaRepub
08-29-2009, 11:49 PM

Funny you mention that, I think that's the new hit in the next Mega Fishy vs Calamari
movie on SyFy. :D

Gingersnap
08-30-2009, 12:03 AM
So Coors is an important part of my life - I can''t deny it. Back then (not now), anybody of age could take the fabled Coors tour. It was fabled for a reason. There was no possible way you could take that tour and not end up smashed. It had to happen.

Conveniently, if you hadn't had quite enough on the tour you could drive a half a block and pick up a case of the "Freshest Coors In The Country".

I lived.

Shannon
08-30-2009, 12:09 AM
So Coors is an important part of my life - I can''t deny it. Back then (not now), anybody of age could take the fabled Coors tour. It was fabled for a reason. There was no possible way you could take that tour and not end up smashed. It had to happen.

Conveniently, if you hadn't had quite enough on the tour you could drive a half a block and pick up a case of the "Freshest Coors In The Country".

I lived.

I went to the Jack Daniels distillery once. It's in a dry county.:rolleyes: