PDA

View Full Version : System Saturday

PoliCon
08-29-2009, 12:15 AM
My computer is having some issues - so God only knows what online time I will have this weekend since my personal computer tech - one of my best friends - will be coming over to fix some very serious errors I'm having in one of my hard drives. We pretty much agree that what is needed is a complete rebuild. FUN FUN FUN!!

TOTD: Your computer system. How old its it? What do you like about it? What problems? etc.

RobJohnson
08-29-2009, 02:17 PM
I hope you are able to get the computer fixed.

TOTD: I'm past due for something new, but that will have to wait until after vacation season. Things are about to get real busy at work & I will need a faster computer to keep my sanity at home.

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Busy Day for me too Poli. Just got back from vacation so a ton of stuff to do around the place.

TOTD: I have an e-machine from Walmart. The computer is okay but it came with Vista. Don't much care for Vista.

FlaGator
08-29-2009, 06:56 PM
I have an HP widescreen laptop with windows 7 that I use the most. I got in in March. I have A HP Slimline Desktop that runs Server 2008. I got it in July. I also have a Dell Notebook that I got a couple of years ago. It runs XP. I haven't had to many issues with computers that weren't self induced by me messing around with configurations.

Shannon
08-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't know anything about my computer.

I am in hell right now. Tristan bailed on me earlier. The little brat.

BadCat
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM

That's good to hear.

Teetop
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
I want to shoot my computer.

Ego issues, as it were.... :rolleyes:

edit to add;

TOTD: I have an e-machine from Walmart. The computer is okay but it came with Vista. Don't much care for Vista.

I have that problem also.

Why I want to shoot my computer...

Running firefox and all, still pisses me off.

Bill Gates sucks.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 10:59 PM

So hell for you is a good thing isn't it?:confused:

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm waitng for a Dell vostro to get here it should have been here friday! I bought it on ebay.

BadCat
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm waitng for a Dell vostro to get here it should have been here friday! I bought it on ebay.

People who always think they are in hell, are usually the cause of it.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 11:04 PM

Most days lately if I really thought about my situation I would probably blow my brains out!

BadCat
08-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Most days lately if I really thought about my situation I would probably blow my brains out!

I'm always happy.

Nauseating, huh?

Bubba Dawg
08-29-2009, 11:07 PM

Jean Paul Sartre. Hell is other Shannons.

Rockntractor
08-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm always happy.

Nauseating, huh?

Your one of those nasty morning people aren't you?

BadCat
08-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Your one of those nasty morning people aren't you?

Oh yes.

I drive my wife nuts. She's not a morning person.

PoliCon
08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
So . . . one of my three hard drives died - luckily it wasn't my DATA HD. Sadly - it was OS hard drive. :( Since this computer is only about a year old - my tech guy - the guy who built it for me - is sending the drive back to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Rockntractor
08-30-2009, 10:08 PM
So . . . one of my three hard drives died - luckily it wasn't my DATA HD. Sadly - it was OS hard drive. :( Since this computer is only about a year old - my tech guy - the guy who built it for me - is sending the drive back to the manufacturer for a replacement.
I have had lot's of drives fail after a year. Anymore I have a back-up copy of everything!

PoliCon
08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
I have had lot's of drives fail after a year. Anymore I have a back-up copy of everything!

first time for me. I still have in my old system a HD from the mid 90s running strong.

Rockntractor
08-30-2009, 10:15 PM
first time for me. I still have in my old system a HD from the mid 90s running strong.

The drives from the 90's were strong but in comparison the new drives hold far more data and are more fragile!

PoliCon
08-30-2009, 10:41 PM
The drives from the 90's were strong but in comparison the new drives hold far more data and are more fragile!

Yea I know. BASTARDS!!!:mad:

Rockntractor
08-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Yea I know. BASTARDS!!!:mad:

They are coming out with new solid state storage with a hundred year lifespan.I may put one in notebook I'm waiting for.
http://www.newegg.ca/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=636&name=Solid-State-Disks&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA