PDA

View Full Version : How come President Obama isn't there?

aka:PBS
08-29-2009, 08:44 PM
johnnie (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-29-09 07:44 PM
Original message
How come President Obama isn't there?
I know Biden is there, but why isn't the President there?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6421600

DAMN I so feel like pulling what hair I have out!!

greenbriar (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-29-09 07:50 PM
Response to Original message
10. RESPECT for the family...cause Obama has CLASS
and didn't want to present a security hassle

babylonsister (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-29-09 07:46 PM
Response to Original message
2. He gave the eulogy. I'm sure he doesn't want to upstage the Kennedys. nt

Carol
08-29-2009, 09:32 PM
renate Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Aug-29-09 08:20 PM
Response to Reply #13
17. oh, of course! I wish Chris or Keith had thought of that

I hope they bring this possibility up later. I'm sure you're right--the POTUS and VP together in one public place would be a security nightmare.
Translated:

"Thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU, now I don't have to think badly of Obama and I have an slap down just in case a wacko right winger criticizes Obama for not being there."

AmPat
08-30-2009, 11:07 AM
johnnie (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-29-09 07:44 PM
Original message
How come President Obama isn't there?
I know Biden is there, but why isn't the President there?
He's a little tied up at the moment. You see, he learned from Katrina that a president is expected to be on the seashore during hurricane threats and hold their arms up Moses-likie to ward off the evil winds. I'm sure he'll be along any minute to ressurrect Senator Lazarus.:rolleyes:

Teetop
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
He's a little tied up at the moment. You see, he learned from Katrina that a president is expected to be on the seashore during hurricane threats and hold their arms up Moses-likie to ward off the evil winds. I'm sure he'll be along any minute to ressurrect Senator Lazarus.:rolleyes:

LOL!

aka:PBS
08-30-2009, 01:53 PM

You know......I think he did do that. Tropical storm danny went out to sea while obama was there. ohhhhhhh thank you moses obama