PDA

View Full Version : What Does A .47 BAC Mean?

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Well, she's alive and snarky so I'm guessing that her tolerance has to be high.

She just came out of rehab or "hab" as the natives call it. She fell off the wagon within days. Her mother was telling me that the detox process actually makes it more dangerous for these people to drink subsequently.

My entire "chronic drunk" experience involved street people that I drew blood on way, way back in the day. I only got certified as a phlebotomist back then to make more money for school. I didn't follow any of the people or get involved with treatment of any sort.

Is it true that detox makes them more vulnerable? I always thought that detox just set you back to "virgin". How could you drink enough to be that drunk after detox?

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Cut from a total jacking of another thread.

BadCat
08-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Well, she's alive and snarky so I'm guessing that her tolerance has to be high.

She just came out of rehab or "hab" as the natives call it. She fell off the wagon within days. Her mother was telling me that the detox process actually makes it more dangerous for these people to drink subsequently.

My entire "chronic drunk" experience involved street people that I drew blood on way, way back in the day. I only got certified as a phlebotomist back then to make more money for school. I didn't follow any of the people or get involved with treatment of any sort.

Is it true that detox makes them more vulnerable? I always thought that detox just set you back to "virgin". How could you drink enough to be that drunk after detox?

I guess even though she was "detoxed", she didn't lose her tolerance.

True alkies can run really high BACs. Eventually it kills them.

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Don't the drugs return them to "virgin" status? I seriously know nothing about this stuff. Her mom called me a few weeks ago because I'm a chemist and alcohol is like - "chemicals". :rolleyes:

Things have gone from bad to worse since then.

BadCat
08-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't the drugs return them to "virgin" status? I seriously know nothing about this stuff. Her mom called me a few weeks ago because I'm a chemist and alcohol is like - "chemicals". :rolleyes:

Things have gone from bad to worse since then.

No, it just gets all the crap out of their systems.

Gingersnap
08-29-2009, 11:40 PM
No, it just gets all the crap out of their systems.

So they aren't "revirginized"?

djones520
08-29-2009, 11:41 PM
.47 and still alive? That's nothing short of a miracle. I'd say the "drunkest" I've ever been was maybe .25, and I never want to ever do that again.

djones520
08-29-2009, 11:47 PM
This reminds me of a night I was hanging out at the Navy Barracks with a bunch of friends back in Japan. Lots of drinking was going on, and one of the guys was an MA (Master of Arms, Navy's MPs). Well, my friend Dave was absolutely tanked, so Ben, the MA, went back to his room and got a breathalyzer thing. You blew into it, and if your BAC was around .1 the crystals in it would turn blue.

He handed it to Dave, and told him to blow into it, and while Dave is doing so, he explains to the rest of us that it'll take about two minutes for the crystals to start changing colors. Dave was so messed up that every crystal in the tube was blue before he had even finished explaining. After the initial laughter, everyone kinda sobered up and stopped drinking. I guess being able to see how stupidly drunk you are does tend to "sober" you up a bit.