PDA

View Full Version : California wildfire tragedy

stsinner
08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
A buddy of mine called me last night and told me that he lost his house to the woldfires in California.. He lives near La Canada, and he was a breeder of Yellow Labs that he trained for the blind..

He lost 4 dogs in the fire-two that were just weeks from going to work, and two 5 month old puppies.. Another dog had the hair burned almost completely off and is at the animal hospital.

That's sad.

noonwitch
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry for your friend and his dogs. I hope that the hurricane in the Pacific dumps a whole lot of rain on the wildfires, before they get any worse.

linda22003
08-31-2009, 12:24 PM
This story seems to repeat year after year after year. People question why anyone would live in New Orleans or other low-lying areas; this is the same thing, as far as I'm concerned.

RobJohnson
09-01-2009, 01:49 AM
A buddy of mine called me last night and told me that he lost his house to the woldfires in California.. He lives near La Canada, and he was a breeder of Yellow Labs that he trained for the blind..

He lost 4 dogs in the fire-two that were just weeks from going to work, and two 5 month old puppies.. Another dog had the hair burned almost completely off and is at the animal hospital.

That's sad.

Sorry to hear about your friend's house & pets....