PDA

View Full Version : So I bought my 3 year old a double barrel shotgun

BSR
08-31-2009, 03:16 PM
for his birthday Saturday. This thing is wicked awesome. It sounds like it's really firing and it comes with 4 pretend shotgun shells. It even smokes when you pop it open and remove the shells. He loves this toy...

Needless to say, I have to sleep in the guest bedroom for a week. My wife was pissed I got him a toy gun. But it was worth it. We've been playing cops and robbers for 2 days now. :D

BadCat
08-31-2009, 03:19 PM
for his birthday Saturday. This thing is wicked awesome. It sounds like it's really firing and it comes with 4 pretend shotgun shells. It even smokes when you pop it open and remove the shells. He loves this toy...

Needless to say, I have to sleep in the guest bedroom for a week. My wife was pissed I got him a toy gun. But it was worth it. We've been playing cops and robbers for 2 days now. :D

Excellent present.

Shannon
08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
She was mad that you bought him a toy gun?:confused:

BSR
08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
She was mad that you bought him a toy gun?:confused:

She has this crazy idea that if he plays with toy guns he might get a hold of my real guns one day and kill himself thinking it's a toy. I told her the real guns are locked up and I'm teaching him he can never touch daddy's guns. Only his guns.

BSR
08-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Toy-23282-Barrel-Shotgun/dp/B000FGISJ4

BadCat
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
She has this crazy idea that if he plays with toy guns he might get a hold of my real guns one day and kill himself thinking it's a toy. I told her the real guns are locked up and I'm teaching him he can never touch daddy's guns. Only his guns.

Hey, when he's 6, just take him out and let him shoot a real 12 gauge.
He won't want to touch one for another 10 years or so.

Gingersnap
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Dude! Write a review - you'd be the first and it might start a huge gun/anti-gun mle.

(Never pass up the opportunity for creative chaos.) :D

MountainMan
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Thought I would never say this but damn BSR, I'm proud of you.... :D

My dad got his grandson at the age of 5 his own Benelii semi-automatic shotgun....My dad told him that he was keeping it for safety.... :p

noonwitch
09-01-2009, 09:10 AM
My mom never let us have toy guns as kids, except water guns. We only had a couple that Aunt Jo bought us for Christmas presents. We always got Aunt Jo to get us the stuff mom wouldn't let us have.

I always wanted a BB gun, though. I hate possums, I could practice my shot on them.

Rockntractor
09-01-2009, 10:59 AM
My mom never let us have toy guns as kids, except water guns. We only had a couple that Aunt Jo bought us for Christmas presents. We always got Aunt Jo to get us the stuff mom wouldn't let us have.

I always wanted a BB gun, though. I hate possums, I could practice my shot on them.

Possums need love too! See I told you your not really a liberal!

Milly
09-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Possums need love too!

Then they ought to act like it. Possums are some of the meanest varmints I've ever run into around my property! :eek:

Rockntractor
09-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Then they ought to act like it. Possums are some of the meanest varmints I've ever run into around my property! :eek:

Yeah possoms don't even like themselves! They commit suicide on the roads around here by the hundreds!

noonwitch
09-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah possoms don't even like themselves! They commit suicide on the roads around here by the hundreds!

If you looked like a possum, you'd be suicidal, too.

I hate those things. My dog hates them, but she's afraid of them, too. My former neighbors had american bull dogs, and they would tear possums apart.

JB
09-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Dude, you started your thread title with So. I stopped reading.